should atheist do as my aiunt said and get our own holiday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 06:07 PM
should atheist do as my aiunt said and get our own holiday
I was talking about a video series UI want to start 13 days before Christiana called the 13 deadly kisses of Christmas and my aunt day took offense because and I quote Christmas is about Jesus. she seemed to think that anything Christmas themed {well besides Christmas themed stuff} is supposed to be godly thus us atheist should get our own holiday and leave theirs a lone.. roflao. no kidding. she had a kids get off my yard mentality.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: should atheist do as my aiunt said and get our own holiday
Christmas isn't Christian to begin with, it's stolen. Its a pagan tree festival, solctice and other festivities. Auntie needs to be schooled on the history of her beloved holiday.
[+] 7 users Like LadyJane's post
29-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Xmas, a day where you only do X-rated things.
How about Darwin Day?
Wester?
Or we can celebrate that Christopher Hitchins did NOT rIse from the dead.
[+] 3 users Like black_squirrel's post
29-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Make sure you don't break the news to her about Easter, either. Because eggs and rabbits have SO much to do with Christ in the first place.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
29-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah there really are no truly Christian holidays. Of course, they don't believe this.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
30-11-2013, 12:07 AM
(29-11-2013 06:07 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I was talking about a video series UI want to start 13 days before Christiana called the 13 deadly kisses of Christmas and my aunt day took offense because and I quote Christmas is about Jesus. she seemed to think that anything Christmas themed {well besides Christmas themed stuff} is supposed to be godly thus us atheist should get our own holiday and leave theirs a lone.. roflao. no kidding. she had a kids get off my yard mentality.

If we atheists should go get our own holiday, than the Christians should piss off and get their own holiday too.

Their current (December) one does not count because they just renamed Saturnalia.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-11-2013, 12:16 AM
(29-11-2013 06:07 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I was talking about a video series UI want to start 13 days before Christiana called the 13 deadly kisses of Christmas and my aunt day took offense because and I quote Christmas is about Jesus. she seemed to think that anything Christmas themed {well besides Christmas themed stuff} is supposed to be godly thus us atheist should get our own holiday and leave theirs a lone.. roflao. no kidding. she had a kids get off my yard mentality.

What does Christmas have to do with Jesus? I thought it was about celebrating Santa Clause and giving presents and spending time with family? I mean my family makes Christmas annoyingly religious, but I think statistically Santa is more important than Jesus.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
30-11-2013, 12:18 AM
(29-11-2013 11:25 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Make sure you don't break the news to her about Easter, either. Because eggs and rabbits have SO much to do with Christ in the first place.

Rabbits don't even lay eggs. I know it's OT but this has been bothering me my whole life...
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
30-11-2013, 05:17 AM
Athiest have a day already, the theists shut themselves away in buildings where we can't hear their Atheist and hitler comparisons.

Its called Sunday.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
30-11-2013, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 10:16 AM by GirlyMan.)
We already got one. 23 December. Big Grin

[Image: festivus1.png]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post