should atheist do as my aiunt said and get our own holiday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 03:29 PM
RE: should atheist do as my aiunt said and get our own holiday
Ha ha! That reminds me of my sister and her husbands Dec 23. Every year is Excess-mas. They have friends over for glutenous eating and drinks into the wee hours of the night.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
30-11-2013, 03:33 PM
We have Darwin day not officially government sanctioned, and I would love to see a Christopher Hitchens day a well, but that aint going to happen anytime soon.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Seems kind of superfluous really. You don't need a particular day of the year to realize that god concepts and organized religion are bollocks.

Can we stop celebrating Columbus Day instead? Cause that guy was one of the biggest douche-bags ever... Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-11-2013, 04:55 PM
(30-11-2013 03:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seems kind of superfluous really. You don't need a particular day of the year to realize that god concepts and organized religion are bollocks.

Can we stop celebrating Columbus Day instead? Cause that guy was one of the biggest douche-bags ever... Dodgy

Meh, you want to get technical no matter the label every day has 24 hours, yea you can do everything and the same thing on any given day, true.

But we all mark milestones both personally, religiously and nationally. Is there a reason for it? Not when you consider that all this is for nothing and the planet will die and none of us will be remembered.

But I see nothing wrong with celebrating because considering how much death there is in reality, celebrating is a emphatic "PHEW!" made it another day.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Let's call it "Fuck Jesus Up The Ass Day."

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
03-12-2013, 02:08 AM
(30-11-2013 12:18 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 11:25 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Make sure you don't break the news to her about Easter, either. Because eggs and rabbits have SO much to do with Christ in the first place.

Rabbits don't even lay eggs. I know it's OT but this has been bothering me my whole life...

Eggs and Rabbits are used not because rabbits lay eggs. They are both symbols of fertility. Eggs are pretty obvious, and if you've never been around a rabbit you've probably heard the phrase "Fuck like rabbits". Those motherfuckers reproduce like it's going out of style.

Easter comes from the Old English "Ēostre", which was a Anglo-Saxon goddess associated with fertility.

03-12-2013, 03:09 AM
(03-12-2013 02:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 12:18 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Rabbits don't even lay eggs. I know it's OT but this has been bothering me my whole life...

Eggs and Rabbits are used not because rabbits lay eggs. They are both symbols of fertility. Eggs are pretty obvious, and if you've never been around a rabbit you've probably heard the phrase "Fuck like rabbits". Those motherfuckers reproduce like it's going out of style.

Easter comes from the Old English "Ēostre", which was a Anglo-Saxon goddess associated with fertility.

[Image: 1364579260266.cached.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-12-2013, 03:19 AM
(03-12-2013 03:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 02:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Eggs and Rabbits are used not because rabbits lay eggs. They are both symbols of fertility. Eggs are pretty obvious, and if you've never been around a rabbit you've probably heard the phrase "Fuck like rabbits". Those motherfuckers reproduce like it's going out of style.

[Image: 1364579260266.cached.jpg]

From a quick internet search, the 'informational pic' is wrong. The pronunciation isn't exactly the same for one, the symbols of Ishtar are not eggs, nor bunnies, but rather a lion and an 8-pointed star. Additionally, tradition suggests it much more likely comes from Ēostre.

That's from a brief search, but you're welcome to present your arguments.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
03-12-2013, 04:02 AM
(03-12-2013 03:19 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 03:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: 1364579260266.cached.jpg]

From a quick internet search, the 'informational pic' is wrong. The pronunciation isn't exactly the same for one, the symbols of Ishtar are not eggs, nor bunnies, but rather a lion and an 8-pointed star. Additionally, tradition suggests it much more likely comes from Ēostre.

That's from a brief search, but you're welcome to present your arguments.

Good to know. I hadn't vetted the info which was silly of me. Good lookin out DL.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense