should i become a writer for hire{no literally}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 09:28 AM
should i become a writer for hire{no literally}
basically I have come to an fork in the road in my life and I think I've come up with a solution. the problem being how to become well known writer when I can't get my stuff edited. the solution being is charge people to write stories{just as long as I charge enough to get that story edited plus some of mine. I mean I've looked arund and there are people charging three hundred ffty do0loers for fifteen page and i think I cna deal with that because I am a good writer{or so I've beeen told by anyone whos dared to loook at my books.} what do you guys think. do you think $350 for fifteen pages is fair.any other advice.

thank you for you're time.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: should i become a writer for hire{no literally}
I have a few questions.

1: How much demand do you think there will be in writing stories for people? How will you advertise and procure work?
2: Cant you just skip the writing bit and charge people $350 dollars for fifteen pages yourself?
3: What do you get for your editing (when you pay for it)?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-02-2013, 10:16 AM
That sounds like a lot for 15 pages.
What's the issue with editing?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-02-2013, 10:25 AM
(22-02-2013 10:12 AM)bemore Wrote:  I have a few questions.

1: How much demand do you think there will be in writing stories for people? How will you advertise and procure work?
2: Cant you just skip the writing bit and charge people $350 dollars for fifteen pages yourself?
3: What do you get for your editing (when you pay for it)?
1. people are looking for ghost writing all the time problem is I have no clue how much the demand is. the answer to that is a problem within it's self. basically there's enough demand to support an industry.

2.. no clue.. but I want to do the work so...
3. every where from three dollars a page to a penny a word.

22-02-2013, 10:29 AM
(22-02-2013 10:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  That sounds like a lot for 15 pages.
What's the issue with editing?
actually I basted that off the pricing scale of a website called custom erotic source. the do dirty stories but they also do it by word count not pages.
the editing cost to much for me to pay for on my own. I do great story telling but my spelling and grammar are 4f but that's nothing an editor can fix. also I've seen people charge as much as $2,000 dollars for fifteen pages.

22-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Look into publishing your stuff yourself using ebooks on the Kindle (example.) I have discovered one of my favorite writers that way and I've found he's a big advocate for self-publishing. He talked about being turned down so many times and then he found ebooks. I have since read EVERYTHING he has ever published on there = )

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
22-02-2013, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 10:49 AM by kunoxian drive.)
thank you 59peanut89 but I still need to be edited. I literally need an editor to go over it and I might have one. I ask soemone teacher from a local high school and she said she'l see, lol.

btw: thank you.

22-02-2013, 11:25 AM
(22-02-2013 10:46 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  thank you 59peanut89 but I still need to be edited. I literally need an editor to go over it and I might have one. I ask soemone teacher from a local high school and she said she'l see, lol.

btw: thank you.
Welcome. Dude. I'll edit books for FREE. I read lots of books and I'm kind of a typo nazi. I spot errors from a mile away. Another thing you can do is find people you know (or me, lol) to look them over and get more than one person. Nobody can find ALL mistakes and even people who pay a ton for editing still have the occasional errors... Just a thought = )

*And I know how ironic it'll be if I see a typo in my above comment. (I'm on my phone so don't let that deceive you that I can't edit.*

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
22-02-2013, 11:54 AM
I assume you will be doing this in your native language and not in English. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
22-02-2013, 12:27 PM
english is my native language but I have a editer. she's got my back