should i go into a twelve step rehab ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: should i go into a twelve step rehab ?
God =Good Orderly Direction. I was a high bottom potential drunk who spent 9 years in AA. Now I drink a half a glass of wine every five years whether I need it or not. I still live the 12 steps and appreciate so much that I had the opportunity to learn how to live. Keep in mind, the best definition of spirituality is centered around being the best person you can be. AA is a spiritual program. You have the ability to stay sober. AA will teach you how to find it in yourself. Think about it. There is no god. I used to think god fixed me and changed me. When I realized that there is no god, that meant I fixed and changed myself. That was the most empowering realization. I still need the support of like-minded people. You will get that in AA as well as learning how to live well without alcohol. (Not just survive but thrive.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ThatAtheistChick's post
26-06-2015, 01:29 AM
should i go into a twelve step rehab ?
I am fortunate enough to have never had to use the program so I argue from the experience of third parties.

**Crickets** -- God
26-06-2015, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the input folks its much appreciated. I was sober and clean for ten years using AA so yes it does work, but back then I was a believer, since coming out of religion I have found meetings harder and harder to take, so much woo. A lot will depend on whether I can get respite care for my parents as they both have dementia and I'm their only carer.
29-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Well can this week get much worse, actually don't answer that of course it can. Wife has now buggered off which I can understand except one reason cited was my recent apostasy which really sucked, just goes to show religious intolerance isn't just a problem in the middle east and the us
29-06-2015, 04:10 AM
(29-06-2015 03:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Well can this week get much worse, actually don't answer that of course it can. Wife has now buggered off which I can understand except one reason cited was my recent apostasy which really sucked, just goes to show religious intolerance isn't just a problem in the middle east and the us

Brother man, get thee to a professional psychologist or something similar. We can give advice based on what you tell us but they're the ones who know the real deal. You're obviously going through a tough time, go get help, and you won't have to do it on your own.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-06-2015, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 07:33 AM by adey67.)
Thanks morondog, I'm seeing a shrink and getting properly medicated now its just kinda therapeutic to get it out by writing, not sure why but it really helps
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
29-06-2015, 06:45 AM
(29-06-2015 04:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks moondog, I'm seeing a shrink and getting properly medicated now its just kinda therapeutic to get it out by writing, not sure why but it really helps

Good luck! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks banjo , why do I keep getting morondogs online handle wrong must be the valium lolz
29-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Mmmm, valium.... Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 11:45 AM
(29-06-2015 04:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks morondog, I'm seeing a shrink and getting properly medicated now its just kinda therapeutic to get it out by writing, not sure why but it really helps
There's a psychological study I can find for you. Writing about problems is better than talking about them. I think it was something to do with forcing yourself to think better because we write & type slower than we speak.