signature

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2012, 01:50 PM
RE: signature
(21-03-2012 01:38 PM)Leela Wrote:  ok here for whoever that was again
was pretty much the only solution that made sense, so sorry the sign is out but the writing would have been too small or would I have taken the sign alone and the head alone it would have looked more than weird.

[Image: dobermanbanner.gif]

Can you make the background lighter... well, you can leave it, but it's not as easy to read if you can't see color that well.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2012, 02:26 PM
if I make the backround lighter the dog has to be lighter, too, because otherwisethe line between the dog and the backround would be too harsch, flatting out the harsh line will look weird because I would have to keep flattening out even where no backround is.
With the writing I tried around a bit and it is always difficult to find the right colour tone. It was black in the beginning but black is boring.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
21-03-2012, 02:33 PM
(21-03-2012 01:38 PM)Leela Wrote:  ok here for whoever that was again
was pretty much the only solution that made sense, so sorry the sign is out but the writing would have been too small or would I have taken the sign alone and the head alone it would have looked more than weird.

[Image: dobermanbanner.gif]

Thank you so much Leela, for going through all that trouble.

But I kinda think it doesn't make too much sense without the dog being behind a fence...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I wanted to put the fence in but it looked ugly, even wanted to make fence tops show but it also looked weird. *shrug*

21-03-2012, 02:45 PM
(21-03-2012 02:40 PM)Leela Wrote:  I wanted to put the fence in but it looked ugly, even wanted to make fence tops show but it also looked weird. *shrug*

Yes, I can see that. Oh well (shrug).

Do you do this professionally?

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-03-2012, 02:56 PM
how's this? (used GIMP) Just did it pretty quick, so left it kind of fuzzy, but workable... I think. I meant to remove the sign under the paws also, but never got to it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
21-03-2012, 03:22 PM
(21-03-2012 02:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Do you do this professionally?
Just a hobby but thanks, I see that as a compliment

heh cranium, that is what I thought of first but I wanted to put it into a typical banner shape Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
21-03-2012, 04:11 PM
(21-03-2012 02:56 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  how's this? (used GIMP) Just did it pretty quick, so left it kind of fuzzy, but workable... I think. I meant to remove the sign under the paws also, but never got to it.

[Image: big-smiley-006.gif]

29-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Did I miss something? Is there a max width?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-06-2013, 04:34 PM
(29-06-2013 04:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Did I miss something? Is there a max width?

There appears to be a max width on images of 600px. The height of the containing Div itself is set to 120px and overflow:hidden, in addition the little horizontal rule in everyones sigs is in this same div and has a a .5em top/bottom margin and is 1px in height which means the actual max height of a sig is 109px...unless you do some relatively benign CSS hackery to push it up.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post