simple logic fail/through the %^&"ing thing away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 09:29 PM
simple logic fail/through the %^&"ing thing away
I actually have had it up to here with christanity{no they can still believe what they want to buttttt.....}}}} I am tired of intellectual dishonesty that they seem to be handing themselves because I am feed up. basically I have to points and then i'm out.

1. why can't christian/theist answer a simple question with out religion. it should come to no surprise to you my best friend is as loney as it gets and he has a revolving door of beliefs but. tonight he gives me some bull excuse to why girls should not be riding horse and if they do they should be $^&*ing them. this was said because I point out the fact the bible is not the moral height like he thinks it is especially on sexuality. so eventually we the hole thing boils down to a simple logic test I think all atheist should know. "can god make a rock so heavy he can't lift it."{yep I believe that one kills the infinite powers thing right there.} his reply was he can do anything. i argue for a while longer and he eventually hung yup on me but this is not the only time I've confront a christian with this. I get that same answer. "he can do anything." this simple expiation forts any logic you through at them and when you through tat this argument proves that he isn't all powerful. they pull well then you are putting limits on something super natural.{that's pull you r hair out bat crazy}

2. and if you thought that wasn't bad enough. I over heard some Christians talking form a church i go to some time.{and yes I still do} they where talking about gay churches and I quote they said. "that's throughing the rules of homosexuality away. if you through any of it out you might as well through the rest of it away as well." I so wanted to walk up to them and into out that they had thrown so much of it away as well but I kept my mouth shut for relations reasons. mainly I stopped going.

btw: what do you guys think on these subjects.
1. are christins intellectualy dishonest
and
2. why not through the bible away.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
10-02-2013, 10:38 PM

RE: simple logic fail/through the %^&"ing thing away
You need to learn to spell or stop writing, one of the two.
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 11:00 PM
(10-02-2013 10:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  You need to learn to spell or stop writing, one of the two.
This is an international site Egor.

kunoxian drive Wrote:btw: what do you guys think on these subjects.
and

1. YES
2. YES!!
_

I want to get back to this bullshit about "girls shouldn't ride horses ...XXX" - what an asshole this guy is!! And he's trying to hide his being an asshole behind his religion... what a cowardly piece of garbage!

I guess it's good you are hearing this kind of talk to keep your eyes open to it, but it can also be depressing and sad. Just know there are other kinds of people out there... logical, reasoning, and honest people like, you kunoxian drive. Don't tear too much of your hair out over such small minds. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
11-02-2013, 12:28 AM
(10-02-2013 09:29 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  1. are christins intellectualy dishonest
and
1. Often, yes. As with so many things, it varies by Christian. You should not take the lowest common denominator and assume it represents Christianity. Individual Christians are very, very often intellectually dishonest, to the point where it reflects on Christianity as a whole. But there are some exceptional individuals which are, well, exceptions. (Of course, humanity in general is usually intellectually dishonest.)

2. Um. Because it's had significant impact on culture and about a third of literature and art is impossible to understand without it, and because actually having the full text in all its gruesome, incoherent glory is probably the best weapon for deconversion that there is. Unless you mean, why don't Christians just throw the whole Bible away, instead of adhering to some pieces and tossing out some pieces? In that case, see intellectual dishonesty.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
11-02-2013, 01:55 AM
(10-02-2013 09:29 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw: what do you guys think on these subjects.
1. are christins intellectualy dishonest and...

Yes they are, and others have two realms. One where the bible is mostly bogus except the nice parts, and where jesus dies. Then they have the scientific one.

Others simply believe with all their heart it's all true, and they need information to reinforce it. That's where all the christian scientists, apologists, etc come in.

If they did the real hard thing, question everything, research everything, getting to the sources of all information, they would become atheists.

(10-02-2013 09:29 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  2. why not through the bible away.

Right now I have a bible with me because I debate them, and need to do so on their own turf.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
11-02-2013, 01:59 AM
(10-02-2013 10:38 PM)Egor Wrote:  You need to learn to spell or stop writing, one of the two.

[Image: l179.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
(10-02-2013 11:00 PM)kim Wrote:  
This is an international site Egor.

kunoxian drive Wrote:btw: what do you guys think on these subjects.
and

1. YES
2. YES!!
_

I want to get back to this bullshit about "girls shouldn't ride horses ...XXX" - what an asshole this guy is!! And he's trying to hide his being an asshole behind his religion... what a cowardly piece of garbage!

I guess it's good you are hearing this kind of talk to keep your eyes open to it, but it can also be depressing and sad. Just know there are other kinds of people out there... logical, reasoning, and honest people like, you kunoxian drive. Don't tear too much of your hair out over such small minds. Wink
no actually my best freind us just that crazy

11-02-2013, 10:50 AM
(11-02-2013 01:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

[Image: l179.jpg]
actually i'd like to point out that I am getting on the ball with that. I have 5 kindle books.

1. better spelling in 30 minutes a day
2. business English practice book
3. the only grammar book you'll ever need

to name a few.

I do this mainly because I have to edit a novel I have written.{because nobody else will do it for me.

11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
(10-02-2013 11:00 PM)kim Wrote:  
This is an international site

He has said before that he lives in the US. Several of us offered to help him with the spelling and writing, and he didn't take advantage of it, even though he originally asked. #justsaying

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 11:50 AM
(10-02-2013 09:29 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw: what do you guys think on these subjects.
and
1. Yes, and some Christians more than others, but I'd say all are at some level.

2. I did exactly that. Then later I regretted it because many times I have wanted to look something up when debating a theist, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy another copy. Dodgy Thankfully, there's the internet.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair