simple pleasures

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
27-05-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: simple pleasures
In the morning when I wake up to chirping birds.
An ice cold beer.
A big fat Cigar.
A little joint of weed or hash.
Creating something with my hands.
Camping. Hunting. Fishing.
Driving really fast.
Above all else, my wife.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
27-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Sleeping in on Sunday and spending the rest of the day in my pajamas.

The look on my cat's face when she sits on my lap and looks into my eyes. It's complete bliss.

Seeing the sun come out after months of rain here in Portland. Ahhhhhhh.

Summer.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Three of my closest friends and I like to wander around town when we're bored and find tons of cool places to explore. There's an old, abandoned mill downtown, on the back roads. It towers above one of the edges of Lake Harding.

There's a structure that appears to be a climbable tower; though we don't climb it because it isn't very sturdy, and it's very rusty. Beside it is a cemented square platform, and at the end of the platform, you realize it sits on a ginormous cliff, overlooking the lake.

Also at the mill, there are miles of fields filled with flowers. An unused train track runs through the field; on the tracks sit a couple of abandoned train carts. We climb between the train carts to get to the other part of the mill, which consists of deteriorating rooms with trees and flowers and plants growing from beneath the floors, ceilings, and out of the walls. There are also these interesting little dome shaped buildings with streams inside of them.

It's a pretty beautiful place. The sights are the simple pleasure.
[+] 5 users Like Ferdinand's post
27-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Fucking with Earmuffs

(27-05-2014 10:41 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We must

*Woot Post 10,000*

(27-05-2014 10:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  10,000!

(27-05-2014 10:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Noooooo! fuck you Rev!!! FUCK YOU IN THE ASS WITH A CACTUS YOU VIAL PIECE OF NEW DELHI SEWER CRUST!
I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!!

(27-05-2014 10:44 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 10:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Noooooo! fuck you Rev!!! FUCK YOU IN THE ASS WITH A CACTUS YOU VIAL PIECE OF NEW DELHI SEWER CRUST!
I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!!

[Image: evil-laugh-o.gif]

(27-05-2014 10:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  YOU MOD ABUSING PIECE OF SHIT! THAT'S BULLSHIT!

(27-05-2014 10:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's blatant mod power abuse. That's bullshit Rev. Bullshit.

(27-05-2014 10:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're a cunt, like an actual beef sandwich vagina cunt.

(27-05-2014 10:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hope you get syphilis and die.

(27-05-2014 10:49 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 10:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hope you get syphilis and die.

[Image: shih-na-evil-laugh-o.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Leftovers taste so fucking amazing, just reheated a day or two out.

I'm currently chowing on pizza - I was bored with it within a half hour of my first bite the other night. Now... it's like manna. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
27-05-2014, 12:47 PM
(26-05-2014 11:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I absolutely love watching a good storm roll in. The clouds swirling angrily. The anticipation of one of earth's most natural yet powerful forces about to unfold before you. The smell of it and the electricity in the air. The calm before.

The rush of the wind as the storm gathers strength. The uncertainty of it all (I'm in Kansas after all).

I love watching the chaos unfold directly above my head, gives me goosebumps. Makes me feel alive. It's one of the reasons I love it here. I can only imagine the cosmos, but I can sit and watch the wonder of what a thunderstorm is minute by minute.

I've sat and witnessed in awe much of what is in the video. What are some of the simple pleasures in your daily life?

Haha, Im glad you were enjoying the storms last week. Sarah and I were keeping a fast eye on the radar, since we're in a second story apartment.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
27-05-2014, 01:37 PM
My simple pleasure is when the house is quiet, before everyone is up, soft jazz playing on stereo. Fresh coffee pressed and sipped, scones in the oven, bacon cooking on the stove, eggs cooked to my personal level of perfection...The dog eternally hopeful I'll mess them up and he'll get to eat them as I 'scamble' to cook more. Big Grin

More coffee sipped...table set prettily with some flowers.

Seeing the bright smiley faces of my family roused from slumber by the smell of food.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-05-2014, 02:25 PM
(27-05-2014 12:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ...
There are also these interesting little dome shaped buildings with streams inside of them.

It's a pretty beautiful place. The sights are the simple pleasure.

That, surprisingly beautifully written, piece of prose was highly evocative. I was whisked back to memories of my own childhood.

Not, as you might expect, to the abandoned country estate with its dilapidated, white-walled mansion house set in its acres of once well-tended woods now floored with bluebells which covered our tracks of the two-mile walk home from school with Jean and Susie.

[Image: article-0-09C87324000005DC-162_970x674.jpg]

... but instead to those coming-of-age-style Murikan movies about four kids finding their humanity, discovering their sexuality, learning about life...
Chase
... based on a novel by Stephen King! Ohmy
Bechased

Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
27-05-2014, 04:34 PM
(27-05-2014 01:20 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Getting a second glance from the cute chick at the stop light/coffee place/grocery store/wherever.

When I managed to cook the chicken strips just long enough to make them crispy, but not so long that they're not juicy anymore.

Having a brand new client walk in the door with a problem and knowing that I am the solution.

The look on said client's face when they've reached a small milestone on the road to their long-term goals.

Looking down and seeing that I still have more than 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Sitting down on the couch after a long day and putting my feet up on the coffee table.

A morning glory from a chick who isn't doing it because she feels like she has to, but simply because she wants to.

Her fingertips gliding across the back of my head and neck as we drive.

An impromptu back-rub when I sit down on the edge of the bed after taking a long, hot shower.

A long, hot shower.

The first sip of cold, sparkling beer pouring down my throat as the opening music to Game Of Thrones plays on TV.

Waking up to find that the extent of my hangover is that I'm just really, really hungry.

A turkey sandwich with tomato, ranch dressing and cheddar/sour cream chips stuffed inside to satisfy that hunger.

What is a morning glory?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-05-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 05:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-05-2014 04:34 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  What is a morning glory?

You want the botanical descriptions or the Urban Dictionary ones. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post