sin=????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: sin=????
Sin is real. Righteousness is real. It all pertains the balance of everything in existence. Bad, wrong negative, sinful thoughts and actions along with indifference, laziness, lack of passion for life, and the apparent waste of energy are counterproductive to a better way of being. We are the only species anywhere around here that has the ability to decide our own fate. All other living things just know that straying from the path isn't good. Most don't put any thought into it at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2015, 10:06 PM
(27-06-2015 08:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sin is real. Righteousness is real. It all pertains the balance of everything in existence. Bad, wrong negative, sinful thoughts and actions along with indifference, laziness, lack of passion for life, and the apparent waste of energy are counterproductive to a better way of being. We are the only species anywhere around here that has the ability to decide our own fate. All other living things just know that straying from the path isn't good. Most don't put any thought into it at all.

Sin is a concept. Actions are real whether they are good or bad. Some have greater effects than others but pertain to no balance.

As humans we operate on a higher evolved consciousness than the rest of the animal kingdom but are still driven by the same basic instincts. There is no path to stray away from.

You are not deep or enlightened. Just a douche.
27-06-2015, 10:43 PM
You are blind. Sin is not a concept. You contradict yourself. Some animals can think and choose what they do. They all do the right thing by nature or instinct. Actions are the most relevant for the right or the wicked. The lack of action can be thought of as chaos. We are all energy. You can't destroy energy therefore there is an afterlife.. there is indeed a balance. Do moons not orbit planets which orbit suns which orbit within galaxies. All balance. Say the balance wasn't true we would have expanded so far that we wouldn't be able to be alive at all. Even the food chain here on earth that we so selfishly dominate is balance. Even atoms are energy with positive and negatives. Don't positives attract to positives and negatives to negatives. You speak of greater consciousness but make no sense. We do more wrong than all other existence ever. Are you so foolish that you think that makes us right. One of Gods many gifts to us the ability to think for ourselves and we are using that gift to secure out damnation as this Earth will not tolerate us forever.
27-06-2015, 10:47 PM
(27-06-2015 10:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You are blind. Sin is not a concept. You contradict yourself. Some animals can think and choose what they do. They all do the right thing by nature or instinct. Actions are the most relevant for the right or the wicked. The lack of action can be thought of as chaos. We are all energy. You can't destroy energy therefore there is an afterlife.. there is indeed a balance. Do moons not orbit planets which orbit suns which orbit within galaxies. All balance. Say the balance wasn't true we would have expanded so far that we wouldn't be able to be alive at all. Even the food chain here on earth that we so selfishly dominate is balance. Even atoms are energy with positive and negatives. Don't positives attract to positives and negatives to negatives. You speak of greater consciousness but make no sense. We do more wrong than all other existence ever. Are you so foolish that you think that makes us right. One of Gods many gifts to us the ability to think for ourselves and we are using that gift to secure out damnation as this Earth will not tolerate us forever.

You have some validity going on here but none of it has anything to do with, nor proves God.
27-06-2015, 11:37 PM
The Universe and whatever created it are God. Attempt to remove your bias. If you are serious about it than just keep an opened mind. I will make it a point to frequent this forum more often and will shed any light I can. The path is not for the weak, self centered, or easily manipulated.
28-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Define "god"
Define "sin"

If you mean that there is a certain order to the universe then I would agree. If you mean that humans have a moral system and philosophy then I would agree. If you want to attribute this to some sort of metaphysical woo I'm going to need some evidence and clarification.
28-06-2015, 07:20 AM
(20-06-2015 06:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I was just having an argument with my best friend{don't worry I'll probably be talking to him in an hour and a half.}... for some reason that was my fault.. we got into an argument whether gay is a sin and I pressed him on he definition of sin.. mainly because I don't like defining words by there counterparts... and that got me to thing... if the definition of a sin.. is something that is wrong... so the chirsitian position is that things are wrong because they are wrong.{face palm} talk about your nondescriptives..... even used the its an omboniation line/ so gods opinion is that he doesn't like things and that makes things wrong how????

btw my best friend changes his opinion faster than anything. so don't worry he is still deciding.. i guess.

It's an archery term:

"The word derives from "Old English syn(n), for original *sunjō... The stem may be related to that of Latin sons, sont-is guilty. In Old English there are examples of the original general sense, ‘offence, wrong-doing, misdeed'".[6] The Biblical terms translated from New Testament Greek (αμαρτία - amartia) and from Hebrew as "sin" or "syn" originate in archery and literally refer to missing the "gold" at the centre of a target, but hitting the target, i.e. error. (Archers call not hitting the target at all a "miss".)"

"In a religious context, especially in Christianity, sin is the act of violating God's will.[1][2][3][4] Sin can also be viewed as anything that violates the ideal relationship between an individual and God; or as any diversion from the perceived ideal order for human living. To sin has been defined as "to miss the mark".[5]"

-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin
28-06-2015, 07:37 AM
(27-06-2015 10:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Sin is not a concept.

Are you saying it is tangible?

Quote:Some animals can think and choose what they do. They all do the right thing by nature or instinct.

Animals kill indiscriminately, including their own offspring. You call that the right thing? I wouldn't argue that they do what they do by nature and instinct, but calling it right or wrong implies an objective standard which you would first need to demonstrate.

Quote:The lack of action can be thought of as chaos.

A table can be thought of as an airplane. It just doesn't make it one.

Quote:We are all energy. You can't destroy energy therefore there is an afterlife.

We are energy in the same sense that everything is energy but that isn't what you seem to be getting at. "We" are patterns of matter and energy and, from all appearances, when those patterns are disrupted "we" cease to exist. There is no credible evidence for an afterlife.

Quote:Do moons not orbit planets which orbit suns which orbit within galaxies. All balance.

There is apparent order which arises naturally from chaotic systems. Read a little on chaos theory and you will see that no intelligence is needed to create this "balance".

Quote:Say the balance wasn't true we would have expanded so far that we wouldn't be able to be alive at all.

I have no clue what you are trying to say there.

Quote:Don't positives attract to positives and negatives to negatives.

No, they don't.

Quote:We do more wrong than all other existence ever. Are you so foolish that you think that makes us right. One of Gods many gifts to us the ability to think for ourselves and we are using that gift to secure out damnation as this Earth will not tolerate us forever.

First, provide some evidence that this god exists, then how you know that there is an arbitrary right and wrong and that this god provided it. I've seen nothing that leads to those conclusions and you're incredulity and ignorance is not evidence.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Morality is objective and universal. Take away society. Only you and other creation. Never any other.

Would you do anything that would deter your very being? Would you use your instinct that other creation uses as guidance. Is first instinct not right. Instinct is morally good in the simplest of terms. Animals kill through a constant battle known as the food chain. We have become kings over all nature here. Instead of realizing it for what it is and going straight in accordance with nature existence and creation we loose ourselves in our own lofty self regard. We are askew. Proof is everywhere .
28-06-2015, 07:54 AM
(28-06-2015 07:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Morality is objective and universal. Take away society. Only you and other creation. Never any other.

Would you do anything that would deter your very being? Would you use your instinct that other creation uses as guidance. Is first instinct not right. Instinct is morally good in the simplest of terms. Animals kill through a constant battle known as the food chain. We have become kings over all nature here. Instead of realizing it for what it is and going straight in accordance with nature existence and creation we loose ourselves in our own lofty self regard. We are askew. Proof is everywhere .

[Image: word-salad-by-hip-is-everything_thumb.jp...;amp;h=640]

In all seriousness I hope English is not your first language because this was unintelligible.

I tend to agree that morality is an internal construct that is not necessarily dependent on society. But is it objective in the sense that if all persons ceased to exist it still would? Does the universe give a damn about out actions? No.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post