sin=????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: sin=????
(30-06-2015 03:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yet you claim everything that can't be proved by science isn't real. If not you would agree that my beliefs are at least plausible.

No, that is not what I claim. I am saying that it doesn't make sense to believe something that has not been proven. That does not mean that all unproven claims are false, only that there is no good reason to believe them.

Plausibility is also not a reason to believe something. It may be sufficient reason to investigate a claim in order to demonstrate that it is true but it is not proof in and of itself.

Your particular beliefs I don't consider plausible (our "energy" goes somewhere after death for example) but that also doesn't mean they aren't correct. It means that you have not provided evidence to support your claims. When you start providing evidence it will be evaluated. Simply saying things like "god is undeniable" doesn't advance the conversation.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2015, 03:46 PM
How would someone even go about testing this stuff?
Really?
30-06-2015, 03:47 PM
(27-06-2015 10:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The lack of action can be thought of as chaos.

If anything, the lack of action ought to be considered the ultimate peace, if extrapolated to it's ultimate conclusion: were no action ever available, all things would co-exist without conflict. All things would exist in order. Chaos, defined conventionally as 'disorder', would not exist in such a system.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-06-2015, 03:56 PM
(30-06-2015 03:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How would someone even go about testing this stuff?
Really?

No idea, but that's your problem, not mine. I don't see any reason to believe it so I don't have any particular interest in trying to test it.

You claim that it is true so you have the burden of proof. If you can't come up with any way to verify your claims then you should think long and hard about why you believe them in the first place (and why those particular beliefs as opposed to others that also can't be tested).

30-06-2015, 04:26 PM
(30-06-2015 03:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How would someone even go about testing this stuff?
Really?

Read that reply to yourself about 5000 times then have a bowl of shut the fuck up soup.
30-06-2015, 05:39 PM
(30-06-2015 03:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 10:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The lack of action can be thought of as chaos.

If anything, the lack of action ought to be considered the ultimate peace, if extrapolated to it's ultimate conclusion: were no action ever available, all things would co-exist without conflict. All things would exist in order. Chaos, defined conventionally as 'disorder', would not exist in such a system.
So you people can grasp this idea but not the idea that everything is connected. Bs. That isn't what I meant though.

I meant we should all do our part to help society as a whole.
Knowing you can do something about a certain situation and not acting on it is nonsense. A waste of knowledge in a real situation that you could have helped someone in is not right. I class it in the chaos category because it is counter productive and doesn't seem to benefit good at all, and only benefits bad because evil clings to anything it can.
30-06-2015, 05:51 PM
(30-06-2015 05:39 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I meant we should all do our part to help society as a whole. Knowing you can do something about a certain situation and not acting on it is nonsense. A waste of knowledge in a real situation that you could have helped someone in is not right.

I don't really disagree although I'd say it was morally questionable, not nonsense.

Quote:I class it in the chaos category because it is counter productive

Calling it chaos is misleading though as that's a very non-standard use of the term. Chaos is not the same as evil or immoral or any of a number of terms that might get your meaning across better.

Quote:and doesn't seem to benefit good at all,and only benefits bad because evil clings to anything it can.

saying that it "benefits good" or "benefits bad" or that "evil clings to anything it can" is anthropomorphizing good, bad, and evil. They aren't actual things that can benefit or cling and that sort of language just obfuscates your meaning. It makes it sound like you envision good, bad, and evil as concrete tangible things. Such a claim would require proof.

30-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Are you saying that good and bad do not have an effect?
30-06-2015, 06:00 PM
(30-06-2015 05:54 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Are you saying that good and bad do not have an effect?

Actions and events have effects that can be good or bad. It doesn't make sense to say that bad has an effect. "bad" isn't a thing.

30-06-2015, 06:03 PM
(30-06-2015 03:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yet you claim everything that can't be proved by science isn't real. If not you would agree that my beliefs are at least plausible.

You haven't stated what your beliefs are in a coherent manner. You state you KNOW there is a god, but won't say what this god is. And I maintain that since you haven't done that there can be no evidence for your claim if we don't even know what your claim IS.