sleeping well? help needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: sleeping well? help needed
(07-03-2012 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is just for you, Leela. I hope it doesn't turn you on too much. I don't want to get in trouble with Malleus. He scares me just a little. Confused

That's very attractive, HellboundPreacher. Big Grin Why can't you get the same results with a high velocity fan blowing in your face? And you get the added benefit of the noise of the fan to drown out distractions. I mean, that's what I do, even in winter.

The fan doesn't force air into you. It just blows on you, so the benefit wouldn't be the same. At least that's what I got out of it. I've never actually used one even though I meant to ask my friend more about it... I should reconnect with him one day.. well, not over that, but just reminded me. I really suck at long distance friendships.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2012, 07:43 PM
(07-03-2012 07:18 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 06:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is just for you, Leela. I hope it doesn't turn you on too much. I don't want to get in trouble with Malleus. He scares me just a little. Confused

That's very attractive, HellboundPreacher. Big Grin Why can't you get the same results with a high velocity fan blowing in your face? And you get the added benefit of the noise of the fan to drown out distractions. I mean, that's what I do, even in winter.

The fan doesn't force air into you. It just blows on you, so the benefit wouldn't be the same. At least that's what I got out of it. I've never actually used one even though I meant to ask my friend more about it... I should reconnect with him one day.. well, not over that, but just reminded me. I really suck at long distance friendships.

Correct. It's continuous pressure at, allegedly, just the right amount of force prescribed by the dr. I do sleep with a fan on too, but I don't like it blowing on me as it will often stir up my asthma.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-03-2012, 04:54 AM
I've found that the hardest thing I deal with on my job schedule is getting on a sleep schedule. Sometimes I come home late from work, sometimes more on time, sometimes early. Regardless, I'm totally tired when I'm done so no matter what time I get off it is hard for me to line up with it. If I get off late, I get home late and get little sleep, have to get up and it is off to another 12 hr shift. If I get home early and I'm only partially tired and go to bed as soon as I get home then I wake up too early and then I'm off to a 12 hr shift and I'll be tired by the end of my shift. Sometimes I feel like I can't win.

What has helped me lately is to just suffer through the getting home early stuff, purposely keep staying awake until I can go to bed at a consistent time. I might be totally drowsy and sleep by the time I hit that point, however, at least when I wake up I feel well rested and ready for work.

Now my struggle is staying consistent on my days off. Often times my sleep and work schedule are very different from most people, so on my days off to have a social life requires me to change my sleep habits. It's been hell on me (figuratively speaking).

I find that I am very very sensitive to sounds. I hate:

- Low bass noises (I attribute this back to when I lived in an apartment with a neighbor who thought dubstep on his sound system at 3am was cool)
- Repetitive high pitched noises (good example was a neighbor's husky that was howling over and over and over from 8am till 2 in the afternoon, I couldn't sleep!)

Oddly enough, I tried sleeping with earplugs and it helped on those days. But sometimes I'm insanely irritable. If you figure out a secret let me know! LOL!