smaller examples of how religion poisons everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2011, 12:31 PM
RE: smaller examples of how religion poisons everything
(17-11-2011 04:27 AM)Godless Wrote:  While 2 of the kids were in stable condition with only minor attention the pair in the front seats both needed blood transfusions to replace the blood lost from the accident. Of course their parents would not sign the consent forms to allow treatment to occur to save their lives. Both kids asked to receive the treatment anyway as they did not wish to die for their parents beliefs.

Sadly due to their parents actions my dad had to sit there and watch these kids die as they begged to be saved by their doctors.

Religious stupidity can and does kill.

I thought the doctors could have a judge grant temporary guardianship of the children to someone else, thats not ya know crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2011, 04:44 PM
My main gripe is indoctrination encouraging children not to think. Another one that really pisses me off is when people are lazy but think that they are doing good by praying. The same effects of prayer can be replicated in any inanimate object, deity or none. It's ridiculous how people think that they're being altruistic and somehow making a difference to peoples' lives.
24-11-2011, 09:52 PM
(24-11-2011 04:44 PM)KnuckleTurtle Wrote:  My main gripe is indoctrination encouraging children not to think. Another one that really pisses me off is when people are lazy but think that they are doing good by praying. The same effects of prayer can be replicated in any inanimate object, deity or none. It's ridiculous how people think that they're being altruistic and somehow making a difference to peoples' lives.

I agree. Clasping your hands together and speaking aloud or to yourself doesn't solve anything, action does. However, it's a feel good thing to say "I will pray for you" so christians like to regurgitate it all the time.
25-11-2011, 04:50 PM
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer"

And: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI
[+] 1 user Likes KnuckleTurtle's post