so freaking excited!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: so freaking excited!!
(27-07-2015 03:06 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 02:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Not sappy at all Smile I wish I could find someone I feel that way about. Heart

We just had our 49th anniversary this month.

How awesome. Congratulations. I'd love to be that camp of being married that long
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
27-07-2015, 09:25 PM
(27-07-2015 09:17 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 03:06 PM)Mrs.B Wrote:  
We just had our 49th anniversary this month.

How awesome. Congratulations. I'd love to be that camp of being married that long

Thanks, we're among the few nowadays it seems.
27-07-2015, 09:26 PM
(27-07-2015 02:01 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  ... We will be flying so I have to pack everything to go on the flight ...

Not necessarily. I've FedEx'd luggage many times rather than entrust it to the airlines and pay their checked bag fees. You should be able to FedEx it direct to the ship (or at least to the quay office) - and going home Fed Ex it home. The lack of hassle is worth many times any difference in shipping cost vs checked bags cost. Look into it. It may turn out to not be practicable but look into it.

Incidentally, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27-07-2015, 09:30 PM
(27-07-2015 09:26 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 02:01 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  ... We will be flying so I have to pack everything to go on the flight ...

Not necessarily. I've FedEx'd luggage many times rather than entrust it to the airlines and pay their checked bag fees. You should be able to FedEx it direct to the ship (or at least to the quay office) - and going home Fed Ex it home. The lack of hassle is worth many times any difference in shipping cost vs checked bags cost. Look into it. It may turn out to not be practicable but look into it.

Incidentally, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me. I feel kinda stupid I didn't think of this. Lol
27-07-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm happy for you and all, I'm sure it will be a blast but just an observation; why is it that Americans never vacation away from America? I mean they either vacation in America or near America in the Caribbean or Bahama's.

Whatever happened to Europe or Asia or Africa or somewhere less touristy and more culturally.
ie: Instead of going to Hawaii go to Fiji. Instead of going to the other coast of America go to Austria.
Ya know what I'm sayin'

It's like Kiwi's going to Australia. Why the fuck would you vacation in Australia when you live in NZ? Yea it's cheap but it's basically just a bigger hotter NZ. Go to fucking 'Nam or some shit, see some different culture, try different foods, see how people live in different countries, see their historical places etc...
27-07-2015, 11:30 PM
(27-07-2015 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm happy for you and all, I'm sure it will be a blast but just an observation; why is it that Americans never vacation away from America? I mean they either vacation in America or near America in the Caribbean or Bahama's.

Whatever happened to Europe or Asia or Africa or somewhere less touristy and more culturally.
ie: Instead of going to Hawaii go to Fiji. Instead of going to the other coast of America go to Austria.
Ya know what I'm sayin'

It's like Kiwi's going to Australia. Why the fuck would you vacation in Australia when you live in NZ? Yea it's cheap but it's basically just a bigger hotter NZ. Go to fucking 'Nam or some shit, see some different culture, try different foods, see how people live in different countries, see their historical places etc...
In our case, the money trees don't bloom, so We stay in Canada, & in our own province
27-07-2015, 11:39 PM
(27-07-2015 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm happy for you and all, I'm sure it will be a blast but just an observation; why is it that Americans never vacation away from America? I mean they either vacation in America or near America in the Caribbean or Bahama's.

Ya know what I'm sayin'

My fat ass is too big to fit in a standard airline seat.

#sigh
27-07-2015, 11:49 PM

Ya know what I'm sayin'

I wish but money don't grow on trees. At least for me anyway. Lol
28-07-2015, 08:53 AM

Ya know what I'm sayin'

It boils down to cost for me. I can fly round-trip and cruise, stay in an all-inclusive resort and/or spend a week at Disney for what it costs to just get over the ocean. I'd much prefer to spend some time in Europe, Australia, NZ, South Africa, Tokyo, Hong Kong, etc. but the economics make it difficult.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
28-07-2015, 09:23 AM
(27-07-2015 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... Go to fucking 'Nam or some shit ...

Gad, what a crab! I recommend you take your own advice and book your next vacation to the asteroid belt out beyond Mars. One way.

Permit me, PurpleDaisies, to fill in the missing congratulations our cheerful Muffs left vacant in his post and wish you an amazing and exhilarating time!