so freaking excited!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: so freaking excited!!
(28-07-2015 08:53 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm happy for you and all, I'm sure it will be a blast but just an observation; why is it that Americans never vacation away from America? I mean they either vacation in America or near America in the Caribbean or Bahama's.

Whatever happened to Europe or Asia or Africa or somewhere less touristy and more culturally.
ie: Instead of going to Hawaii go to Fiji. Instead of going to the other coast of America go to Austria.
Ya know what I'm sayin'

It's like Kiwi's going to Australia. Why the fuck would you vacation in Australia when you live in NZ? Yea it's cheap but it's basically just a bigger hotter NZ. Go to fucking 'Nam or some shit, see some different culture, try different foods, see how people live in different countries, see their historical places etc...

It boils down to cost for me. I can fly round-trip and cruise, stay in an all-inclusive resort and/or spend a week at Disney for what it costs to just get over the ocean. I'd much prefer to spend some time in Europe, Australia, NZ, South Africa, Tokyo, Hong Kong, etc. but the economics make it difficult.

For me it's time. Flights to other countries are long. When I need a relaxing getaway, I want to get there as soon as possible--and enjoy the time there as long as possible--and not use my time off from work being stuck in an airplane. That said, I hear you, Muffs, I would love to go to Australia, Italy, Spain, France, Ireland...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2015, 11:44 AM
(28-07-2015 09:23 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... Go to fucking 'Nam or some shit ...

Gad, what a crab! I recommend you take your own advice and book your next vacation to the asteroid belt out beyond Mars. One way.

Permit me, PurpleDaisies, to fill in the missing congratulations our cheerful Muffs left vacant in his post and wish you an amazing and exhilarating time!

I'm still a relative newcomer here myself, but I believe the correct response is "Fucking 'muffs!"

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
28-07-2015, 11:53 AM
(27-07-2015 11:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm happy for you and all, I'm sure it will be a blast but just an observation; why is it that Americans never vacation away from America? I mean they either vacation in America or near America in the Caribbean or Bahama's.

Whatever happened to Europe or Asia or Africa or somewhere less touristy and more culturally.
ie: Instead of going to Hawaii go to Fiji. Instead of going to the other coast of America go to Austria.
Ya know what I'm sayin'

It's like Kiwi's going to Australia. Why the fuck would you vacation in Australia when you live in NZ? Yea it's cheap but it's basically just a bigger hotter NZ. Go to fucking 'Nam or some shit, see some different culture, try different foods, see how people live in different countries, see their historical places etc...

You've never been here in the US (I'll assume) --- so let me relate a story ---

I met this preacher that was from England - and he was visiting the US with his family -- had flown in to Chicago -- and was preaching at the church my mom and dad attend....(In Michigan a few hours from Chicago..)

This preacher rented a car - and decided he'd take the family out for the weekend to see the sights --- and headed for The Grand Canyon National Park....

Blink

They drove for about 6 hours - before realizing the scale of their undertaking -- this guy was used to a map of England -- where you can drive pretty much anywhere in a few hours......The map's the same size -- but -- scale??

He didn't realized it was 2 days driving -- one way.....

Moral --- it's a BIG fuckin' country -- and it takes a while to see just a little bit of all of it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Awe thanks everyone. I'm truly happy and I wish everyone can be as happy as I am.
28-07-2015, 03:41 PM
(28-07-2015 11:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Ya know what I'm sayin'

A person can drive from Vancouver for 12 hours & still not reach the northern border of BC. That's how big our
one province is!

I met this preacher that was from England - and he was visiting the US with his family -- had flown in to Chicago -- and was preaching at the church my mom and dad attend....(In Michigan a few hours from Chicago..)

This preacher rented a car - and decided he'd take the family out for the weekend to see the sights --- and headed for The Grand Canyon National Park....

Blink

They drove for about 6 hours - before realizing the scale of their undertaking -- this guy was used to a map of England -- where you can drive pretty much anywhere in a few hours......The map's the same size -- but -- scale??

Moral --- it's a BIG fuckin' country -- and it takes a while to see just a little bit of all of it.....
28-07-2015, 03:43 PM
(28-07-2015 11:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Ya know what I'm sayin'

Blink

A person can drive from Vancouver for 12 hours & still not reach the northern border of BC. That's how big our one province is!
29-07-2015, 02:49 AM
My wife will never go on a cruise. Fear of ships sinking. She can't even watch Titanic or The Poseidon Adventure.

Sigh.

Have fun but remember if the ship hits something don't wait for the crew to find its ass especially if the captain is Greek or Italian (I know, I know)
29-07-2015, 05:55 PM

Just don't let your excitement get your guard down, cuz wascally wabbits are about.