so god is offended by cartoons, eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 09:54 PM
so god is offended by cartoons, eh?
After what has happened in my dear country, elsewhere and now today in France, I'm just left plain old, pissy, mad.
To kill a cartoonist for offending your deity is suppose to scare us? make us look bad? ORRRRR does your god look foolish for thinking a little drawing sketch holds so much offence?
Anyone else want to chat/vent?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like canadianmom's post
07-01-2015, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 10:15 PM by Peebothuhul.)
RE: so god is offended by cartoons, eh?
I'm just waiting for a big group of very anonymous backers to come together and hire a bill-board (On some real estate that maybe need to be demolished) putting up a HUGE "Image of the Prophet" some wheres and watching the lulz unfold.

Evil_monster

Much cheers to all .
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
07-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Je suis Charlie

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-01-2015, 03:04 AM
(07-01-2015 09:54 PM)canadianmom Wrote:  does your god look foolish for thinking a little drawing sketch holds so much offence?
Apparently the all powerful god needs the help of fundamental militants to defend its honour.

I mean, if Pee-wee Herman offends Iron Mike, I'm not going to take it upon myself to attack Pee-wee in Tyson's honour, I'm sure Tyson can deal with Pee-wee all by himself.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
08-01-2015, 06:11 AM
The death throes of a fading paradigm.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-01-2015, 07:03 AM
He's always been anti art.. don't use idolatry and hating golden calf's. No wonder early humans had to hide their paintings within caves.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
08-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Well, according to the bible, a lot of things offend him. Just about everything offends him EXCEPT slavery, genocide, and infanticide (including his own damn kid). It's ok to be blessed for dashing a little Babylonian kid against the stones but DAMMIT NO SHELLFISH!!!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Yeah, well, I'm offended by God, so now we're even.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
08-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Islam is certainly no religion of peace. The threads of violence and hatred that run through that religion make it completely irredeemable.
08-01-2015, 11:44 PM
(08-01-2015 11:33 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Islam is certainly no religion of peace. The threads of violence and hatred that run through that religion make it completely irredeemable.
I'm not sure how it ranks along side Christianity from a hundreds of years ago or so. Burning of heretics and witches etc.

Christianity is no better.

The difference now days is not the religion, its the culture. Arab culture is a few hundred years behind the western world.