so god is offended by cartoons, eh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: so god is offended by cartoons, eh?
(08-01-2015 11:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:33 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Islam is certainly no religion of peace. The threads of violence and hatred that run through that religion make it completely irredeemable.
I'm not sure how it ranks along side Christianity from a hundreds of years ago or so. Burning of heretics and witches etc.

Christianity is no better.

The difference now days is not the religion, its the culture. Arab culture is a few hundred years behind the western world.

Hi to all here, just to point out, most Muslims are not Arabic and if I remember correctly, Indonesia is the largest Muslim state. As to the mentality of the fundamentalists you will find quite a few who are about as religious as most on this forum and are just exploiting the masses for their own gain. The Saudis did this in the late eighteen hundreds when they threw their lot in with the Wahhabi tradition of Islam. I remember being stationed in Lebanon in the 90's and there were demos against the USA, the Shia Muslims would come on mass and protest shouting death to America, but if you asked them where they wanted to live, they'd say the USA. Quite a few live in Dearborn, Michigan.
I do agree though that Islam is quite possibly where Christianity was a few hundred years ago, and the only thing that held it back in the Middle East for a long time was that most states their were dictatorships. Saying that, my thoughts are with the families of those slain. All Life is too precious to be stolen in such a way. Your thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aidan2015's post