24-12-2014, 09:06 AM
so many versions yet the same old shit
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%2014:26

there are so many damn version of each damn sentence in the damn bible
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: so many versions yet the same old shit
(24-12-2014 09:06 AM)Ace Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%2014:26

I hadn’t seen that website, I use this one when I want to look up a verse in the Bible

http://biblehub.com/luke/14-26.htm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-12-2014, 09:13 AM
(24-12-2014 09:06 AM)Ace Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%2014:26

I'm sorry, but clearly you're not interpreting the world "hate" correctly. Tongue Angel

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-12-2014, 09:17 AM
(24-12-2014 09:13 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

I'm sorry, but clearly you're not interpreting the world "hate" correctly. Tongue Angel

Yes I am! You just took it out of context.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-12-2014, 09:21 AM
(24-12-2014 09:17 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yes I am! You just took it out of contexts.

Fixed.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
24-12-2014, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 11:16 AM by Gordon.)

Yep. That's why Veridicanism needed it's own source material. And since the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is inspired by the Holy Spirit, it is a source document. And, because it's inspired by the Holy Spirit, it also validates most of what is said in the other versions of the Gospels, or at least it is a touchstone for them.

The Christian Church considers the Holy Bible to be inspired in its original documents. That's why so many academics and theologians make so many translations in an attempt to get "more real" if you will. For that reason, when it comes to the Bible, I tend to use the New American Standard Bible for study.

When it comes to an authoritative text, I use the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

One thing the VGJC does is that it protects the Gospel of Thomas as well. Since the Gospel of Thomas was found in 1945, no one has ever considered it part of the Christian canon; therefore, it had no protection. Any and every academic could translate the Coptic text any damn way they wanted to. And that was starting to happen, and the translations were too far apart in meaning.

With the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, where the four New Testament Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas are synthesized into a single Gospel record--inspired by the Holy Spirit, Himself--the Gospel of Thomas has come to its fruition. Now, no matter how they translate it away, it's true translation remains fixed forever. Veridicanism is the only religion that canonizes the Gospel of Thomas.

[Image: vgjc_cover_151x232.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2014, 11:26 AM
(24-12-2014 09:13 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

no, I'm not

hate can only be interpreted one way
24-12-2014, 11:30 AM
(24-12-2014 11:11 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Yep. That's why Veridicanism needed it's own source material. And since the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is inspired by the Holy Spirit, it is a source document. And, because it's inspired by the Holy Spirit, it also validates most of what is said in the other versions of the Gospels, or at least it is a touchstone for them.

ALL gospels are supposedly inspired by the holy spirit. You're Veridican version only adds one more piece of confusion to the pile; and frankly, that's probably elevating it to a status it doesn't deserve.

And, if you book is so awesome, how come it hasn't sold any copies for over 2 years?

24-12-2014, 11:32 AM
(24-12-2014 11:26 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 09:13 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm sorry, but clearly you're not interpreting the world "hate" correctly. Tongue Angel

no, I'm not

hate can only be interpreted one way

Yes, I was being sarcastic (thus the emoticons) because "interpreting incorrectly" is what I typically hear from Christians even when there is quite obviously no other sensible interpretation than the obvious one. Sorry that wasn't more clear.

24-12-2014, 11:53 AM
(24-12-2014 11:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  And, if you book is so awesome, how come it hasn't sold any copies for over 2 years?

Ahhhh! So that's why he hates Bucky Ball so much. It's because of the 1 star review.

I was wondering.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post