so many versions yet the same old shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: so many versions yet the same old shit
(24-12-2014 11:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ALL gospels are supposedly inspired by the holy spirit. You're Veridican version only adds one more piece of confusion to the pile; and frankly, that's probably elevating it to a status it doesn't deserve.

And, if you book is so awesome, how come it hasn't sold any copies for over 2 years?

Maybe because it's not in print at this time?[Image: dontknow1.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 12:26 PM by Gordon.)
(24-12-2014 11:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 11:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  And, if you book is so awesome, how come it hasn't sold any copies for over 2 years?

Ahhhh! So that's why he hates Bucky Ball so much. It's because of the 1 star review.

I was wondering.

I don't think starred reviews really come into play much with a book like the VGJC. I think you either love it or hate it. Wink

I just read his review. [Image: giggle2.gif]
24-12-2014, 12:23 PM
(24-12-2014 11:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 11:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  And, if you book is so awesome, how come it hasn't sold any copies for over 2 years?

Ahhhh! So that's why he hates Bucky Ball so much. It's because of the 1 star review.

I was wondering.

Thanks for this. I went to read and now that shit will show up in my "recently viewed" log like forever.

Weeping

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
24-12-2014, 12:56 PM
You know what is great though? This little bit from page 7:

Quote: The same authority, in the same way, is given to the writer of The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. People will read it and they will see God as a result of it. They will have an epiphany of the truth because of it. they will find Christ and become one with Christ as a result of reading and understanding it, and that will be it's base of authority. If this is not happening, then obviously the authority wasn't there.

I laughed.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-12-2014, 01:23 PM
(24-12-2014 11:11 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 09:06 AM)Ace Wrote:  https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%2014:26

there are so many damn version of each damn sentence in the damn bible

Yep. That's why Veridicanism needed it's own source material. And since the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is inspired by the Holy Spirit, it is a source document. And, because it's inspired by the Holy Spirit, it also validates most of what is said in the other versions of the Gospels, or at least it is a touchstone for them.

The Christian Church considers the Holy Bible to be inspired in its original documents. That's why so many academics and theologians make so many translations in an attempt to get "more real" if you will. For that reason, when it comes to the Bible, I tend to use the New American Standard Bible for study.

When it comes to an authoritative text, I use the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

One thing the VGJC does is that it protects the Gospel of Thomas as well. Since the Gospel of Thomas was found in 1945, no one has ever considered it part of the Christian canon; therefore, it had no protection. Any and every academic could translate the Coptic text any damn way they wanted to. And that was starting to happen, and the translations were too far apart in meaning.

With the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, where the four New Testament Gospels and the Gospel of Thomas are synthesized into a single Gospel record--inspired by the Holy Spirit, Himself--the Gospel of Thomas has come to its fruition. Now, no matter how they translate it away, it's true translation remains fixed forever. Veridicanism is the only religion that canonizes the Gospel of Thomas.

[Image: vgjc_cover_151x232.jpg]

Yeah, I think I'm going to skip it. I've still got to finish War and Peace... Someday I'll read those final chapters... Someday.

At least on the bright side, you couldn't have possibly fucked it up worse than the actual Bibal did... Maybe somebody final managed to write a holy book which has something akin to logical formatting...

Also; I wonder how the Perforated Revenant has a gender.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-12-2014, 01:29 PM
(24-12-2014 12:19 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 11:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  ALL gospels are supposedly inspired by the holy spirit. You're Veridican version only adds one more piece of confusion to the pile; and frankly, that's probably elevating it to a status it doesn't deserve.

And, if you book is so awesome, how come it hasn't sold any copies for over 2 years?

Maybe because it's not in print at this time?[Image: dontknow1.gif]

So Jesus wants you to spread the word, but you're not making his word available? Gasp I hope you like warm climates. Evil_monster

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-12-2014, 01:36 PM
(24-12-2014 01:29 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 12:19 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Maybe because it's not in print at this time?[Image: dontknow1.gif]

So Jesus wants you to spread the word, but you're not making his word available? Gasp I hope you like warm climates. Evil_monster

He's going to heaven then?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
24-12-2014, 01:39 PM
(24-12-2014 01:29 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 12:19 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Maybe because it's not in print at this time?[Image: dontknow1.gif]

I'm working on it. In a couple of months the paperback and the e-book should be available. Until then, use Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas.

For the record, there were changes that needed to be made from the 2012 version. But I don't think anyone has a copy of that version, so it's no big deal, given that I am the original author. In fact, I might even call that a miracle.

Aside from basic editing for grammar and mechanics, a couple of theological issues like returning to the use of Jewish terms such as Temple, Jerusalem, Pharisees, etc., and lowercasing Jesus' pronouns while retaining the upper case for pronouns related to the Father, I included a synthesis of the birth narrative.

Originally, I didn't have it in there because three of the five Gospels I was synthesizing didn't include it. But over the next couple of years, I came to realize that without it, all the symbolism of it would be lost. And worse, I would strip the Gospel of the emotional connection between the birth of Christ and the Passion of Christ. These are the things the Holy Spirit laid on my heart, and so a 2015 revision was necessary. I doubt there will be another revision--not in my lifetime. But if there is, I'm the only one who can make the change. Otherwise, it's not the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.
24-12-2014, 01:45 PM
(24-12-2014 01:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  He's going to heaven then?

Smartass Good one. But I think we can assume the experience of the temperatures would be different. Nevertheless, it is stuff like that that made me give up the Bible as a "the" holy Word of God.

And it isn't necessary anyway. We're supposed to be following Jesus Christ, not the Holy Bible. [Image: preach.gif]
24-12-2014, 01:46 PM
(24-12-2014 01:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm working on it. In a couple of months the paperback and the e-book should be available. Until then, use Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas.

Ooh, that will bring it to nearly three years. Ohmy

(24-12-2014 01:39 PM)Gordon Wrote:  For the record, there were changes that needed to be made from the 2012 version. But I don't think anyone has a copy of that version, so it's no big deal, given that I am the original author. In fact, I might even call that a miracle.

You might want to ask Jesus to inspire you correctly the first time. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post