so now what?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: so now what?
In searching for secular replacements I joined a local aquarium fish club. Hokey I know. It did help me eventually come to the conclusion that my pet fish cared more about me than God did. That's where my username came from.

Anyways, good luck. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fishbowl's post
17-03-2016, 01:22 PM
[Image: 51557.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
17-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Do you thing you are interacting with someone you while you pray? One is talking to himself/herself when he/she is praying. I would say you where alone and you still are. Humans, in fact any evolved organism has an inner urge to socialize. In an evolutionary sense being in groups offers great benefits for individuals. The nature in you always pushes you to be with the groups. Online conversations are no substitutes for real physical meetings or interactions. So please try to join groups of like minded people in your town/village. Do activities that keep you interested. I feel that will reduce your anxiety of not having anyone around you........
17-03-2016, 02:15 PM
No.

People who meditate know they are talking to themselves. People who pray think there is someone else in the room.

They are wrong.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
17-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I think it's a good point to remember, you were never talking to anyone in the first place. You only thought you were.
17-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Pray or don’t pray. Do what makes you feel comfortable and continue doing that until such a time as you decide to change your stance. What works for other people may not work for you, but it’s ultimately your life, your comfort and your happiness. You have to take charge and make decisions that suit your well-being.

Whether you choose to pray or not to, keep researching and keep an open mind to possibilities that you haven’t considered before. Smile
17-03-2016, 09:22 PM
(17-03-2016 04:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Pray or don’t pray. Do what makes you feel comfortable and continue doing that until such a time as you decide to change your stance. What works for other people may not work for you, but it’s ultimately your life, your comfort and your happiness. You have to take charge and make decisions that suit your well-being.

Whether you choose to pray or not to, keep researching and keep an open mind to possibilities that you haven’t considered before. Smile

I think just because it's habit I'll keep praying. If nothing else it puts everything out in the open and out of my mind. I stand there going back and forth with myself but I have noticed.. There's a difference in what it sounds like inside your head vs outside lol
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
17-03-2016, 09:23 PM
(17-03-2016 02:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think it's a good point to remember, you were never talking to anyone in the first place. You only thought you were.

I don't know.. Lol some seem to think I'm talking to myself. But I think I've decided to keep it up. Just to get it out of my head.
17-03-2016, 09:27 PM
(17-03-2016 01:35 PM)vishudh Wrote:  Do you thing you are interacting with someone you while you pray? One is talking to himself/herself when he/she is praying. I would say you where alone and you still are. Humans, in fact any evolved organism has an inner urge to socialize. In an evolutionary sense being in groups offers great benefits for individuals. The nature in you always pushes you to be with the groups. Online conversations are no substitutes for real physical meetings or interactions. So please try to join groups of like minded people in your town/village. Do activities that keep you interested. I feel that will reduce your anxiety of not having anyone around you........

Well considering I'm technically a Christian.. That's why I would pray.. But more and more it seems empty. I don't even know where to look for people like this? With the same mindset.