so tired of people posting all the religious stuff they want but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: so tired of people posting all the religious stuff they want but...
A correction. Halloween is just as much a Christian holiday as Christmas is. All Hallows' Day is a Christian observance of those who have died (including martyrs and saints, aka hallows). The evening before it, All Hallows' Eve, is better known as Halloween, and its focus on ghost and spirits is quite obviously connected. Yes, it is based on Samhain, which was originally a pagan holiday, just like Christmas was based on Saturnia. Yes, it is so highly secularized and commercialized that its Christian roots are sometimes unrecognizable, just like Christmas. No, those people didn't actually die on Halloween, any more than the Biblical Christ would have been born on December 25th.

But that's not really important to here. I just get nitpicky when I see terrible arguments.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2015, 02:08 PM
(28-04-2015 01:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 01:44 PM)The Drake Wrote:  One thing anyone should never do, is get offended over religion. That's something religious people do.

Gotta disagree with ya there, religion is one of the most offensive things on the planet. In my opinion.

Depends on how you slice it Pablo. Religion has evolved with the times. I won't argue about the bad things that religion has wrought. As well, I won't argue about the good. I don't ascribe to any religion. As an atheist I find the debate most comical. But it doesn't offend me. It encourages me to join the debate.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
28-04-2015, 02:30 PM
(28-04-2015 02:08 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 01:47 PM)pablo Wrote:  Gotta disagree with ya there, religion is one of the most offensive things on the planet. In my opinion.

Depends on how you slice it Pablo. Religion has evolved with the times. I won't argue about the bad things that religion has wrought. As well, I won't argue about the good. I don't ascribe to any religion. As an atheist I find the debate most comical. But it doesn't offend me. It encourages me to join the debate.

That's quite a balancing act. More power to ya.
28-04-2015, 02:50 PM
(28-04-2015 02:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 02:08 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Depends on how you slice it Pablo. Religion has evolved with the times. I won't argue about the bad things that religion has wrought. As well, I won't argue about the good. I don't ascribe to any religion. As an atheist I find the debate most comical. But it doesn't offend me. It encourages me to join the debate.

That's quite a balancing act. More power to ya.

I hope you honestly mean that. Balance is one of the most important aspects of living in this world. And it's one of the hardest things to achieve. The world today is a powder keg waiting for someone to light the fuse. Imagine trying to keep that in balance.

28-04-2015, 03:04 PM
(28-04-2015 02:50 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 02:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  That's quite a balancing act. More power to ya.

I hope you honestly mean that. Balance is one of the most important aspects of living in this world. And it's one of the hardest things to achieve. The world today is a powder keg waiting for someone to light the fuse. Imagine trying to keep that in balance.

I do mean it. I can't do it myself, at least not very well.
I tend to get emotionally involved with the blatant wrongs I see in the world. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-04-2015, 03:37 PM
I do mean it. I can't do it myself, at least not very well.
I tend to get emotionally involved with the blatant wrongs I see in the world. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not.
[/quote]

Your humanity is showing. That's a good thing. Being emotionally involved is one of the things that gives us an evolutionary advantage. Evolving our emotions beyond ourselves is the next step.

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
28-04-2015, 03:40 PM
(28-04-2015 03:37 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I do mean it. I can't do it myself, at least not very well.

Your humanity is showing. That's a good thing. Being emotionally involved is one of the things that gives us an evolutionary advantage. Evolving our emotions beyond ourselves is the next step.
[/quote]

I must be smoking something, because that sounds really deep.

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
28-04-2015, 04:59 PM
I sent her links so she can read the history of religion
28-04-2015, 05:14 PM
(28-04-2015 01:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  The one time I post bible verses I get blasted and I can't post what I want but its OK that they do!!?? Gggrr

I got this pm from my sil I need help with it. I want it to be nice but factual. Thanks
Yes I understand u very well. But, when u make those comments about Christians all time then u are judging and classifying everyone in that religion into that group and that's not true, we r not all pushy with our faith. U said u have read the bible and studied as have I, the way u understand is different from the way the next person interprets it. It's all in how u take and head the message. Now the way my church teaches is God games us life how we choose to live it is up to us. They way I think is if u believe or not no one person , also in the bible, can say what is wrong, that is judging, and that is Gods job not ours. These constant status quotes get old and offensive. I am not saying that u or I are wright, I am not judgmental and I believe only God knows right from wrong in the religious aspect, if one person or faith knew right from wrong there wouldn't b so many of them out there, but how and when a person choose to worship their own God is an American right. Know for keeping it out of schools and such, I do not believe in Halloween and do not celebrate it so should schools keep that holiday away?? No, but I have the choice to not let my kids celebrate it should b the same with religion. If people don't believe than don't participate but those that do believe have a right to celebrate or worship. That is what I am saying not they u are right or me but it is an American right to have that choice not the governments.

I am gonna ignore the majority of this as many of the others have probably commented on it, I noticed someone told you about how Halloween is a Christian Holiday!

Anyway, It does not matter WHAT you post. It does not matter what you say either. The moment you communicate in any way to any other human being, you are opening yourself up to anyone's criticism. If you posted something offensive, like how god is good and what a miracle this is or whatever on a forum,facebook post, or major news webstite on a page or about a page where a disaster happened and a ton of people died.

Some people are going to get offended. If you post something some people think is stupid, you are going to hear about it.

Just because your beliefs have the name religion tagged to them does not make them so special that they are immune from critique, ridicule and harassment.

You need to realize this and just deal with it and stop being so insensitive and just post what you want. If you write back, read or listen to what they have to say and take and reasonable objectives with an open mind.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Honestly I don't care what people post. And I normally never say anything to people about what they post. I had one other inccodent but that girl would follow me from post to post all about my non belief. Then this one. All I did was post something about religion and government shouldn't mix. I posted 2 bible verses about not praying in the open. And I got blasted by sil.