so tired of people posting all the religious stuff they want but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: so tired of people posting all the religious stuff they want but...
Posting on Facebook (which I assume may be the mode of posting in which you deal) really depends on what is being posted and its tone.

If your friends are posting beautiful posts that happen to be religious, it may not exactly be appropriate to post stuff that is negative about religion....aka "God is so good" or "I love living a spiritual life, it brings me such joy."

Now if they are posting instead like this "I can't stand that they're gays living in this nation, what have we become" or "I can't understand why someone can be atheist," then it would be appropriate to respond negatively to their posts.

I have friends that post political posts contrary to my own views, but since they do so in a respectful manner, I don't create an issue about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 05:59 PM
(28-04-2015 01:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Yes I understand u very well. But, when u make those comments about Christians all time then u are judging and classifying everyone in that religion into that group and that's not true, we r not all pushy with our faith. U said u have read the bible and studied as have I, the way u understand is different from the way the next person interprets it. It's all in how u take and head the message. Now the way my church teaches is God games us life how we choose to live it is up to us. They way I think is if u believe or not no one person , also in the bible, can say what is wrong, that is judging, and that is Gods job not ours. These constant status quotes get old and offensive. I am not saying that u or I are wright, I am not judgmental and I believe only God knows right from wrong in the religious aspect, if one person or faith knew right from wrong there wouldn't b so many of them out there, but how and when a person choose to worship their own God is an American right. Know for keeping it out of schools and such, I do not believe in Halloween and do not celebrate it so should schools keep that holiday away?? No, but I have the choice to not let my kids celebrate it should b the same with religion. If people don't believe than don't participate but those that do believe have a right to celebrate or worship. That is what I am saying not they u are right or me but it is an American right to have that choice not the governments.

Tell her "Jesus Christ, stop using 'u' for 'you' ... it drives me nuts ... damn illiterate fool!!!"

I'm not a Christian ... like many other Christians.
[+] 3 users Like beerbudget's post
06-05-2015, 06:25 PM
I believe the proper response is something along the lines of "You have the right to believe stupid things but you do not have the right to not be offended. Please grow some thicker skin and then grow up".

The username kind of makes me doubt it, but if you happen to be a dude, there are also some nice Bible quotes that'll tell her to keep her yap shut. Yes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
06-05-2015, 06:44 PM
(28-04-2015 03:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 02:50 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I hope you honestly mean that. Balance is one of the most important aspects of living in this world. And it's one of the hardest things to achieve. The world today is a powder keg waiting for someone to light the fuse. Imagine trying to keep that in balance.

I do mean it. I can't do it myself, at least not very well.
I tend to get emotionally involved with the blatant wrongs I see in the world. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not.

Getting emotionally involved with the blatant wrongs in the world is a good thing--it's a catalyst for change.
06-05-2015, 09:49 PM
(06-05-2015 05:59 PM)beerbudget Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 01:13 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Yes I understand u very well. But, when u make those comments about Christians all time then u are judging and classifying everyone in that religion into that group and that's not true, we r not all pushy with our faith. U said u have read the bible and studied as have I, the way u understand is different from the way the next person interprets it. It's all in how u take and head the message. Now the way my church teaches is God games us life how we choose to live it is up to us. They way I think is if u believe or not no one person , also in the bible, can say what is wrong, that is judging, and that is Gods job not ours. These constant status quotes get old and offensive. I am not saying that u or I are wright, I am not judgmental and I believe only God knows right from wrong in the religious aspect, if one person or faith knew right from wrong there wouldn't b so many of them out there, but how and when a person choose to worship their own God is an American right. Know for keeping it out of schools and such, I do not believe in Halloween and do not celebrate it so should schools keep that holiday away?? No, but I have the choice to not let my kids celebrate it should b the same with religion. If people don't believe than don't participate but those that do believe have a right to celebrate or worship. That is what I am saying not they u are right or me but it is an American right to have that choice not the governments.

Tell her "Jesus Christ, stop using 'u' for 'you' ... it drives me nuts ... damn illiterate fool!!!"

I'm right here u don't have to have someone else do it for u. But I'm not illiterate thank u very much. I will type the way I want and font owe anyone an explaintion. If u want to read then read if not don't it doesn't natter to me either way.