soft control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 04:46 AM
soft control
I call this soft control. it is real control and dominance but it is not forceful or overt.

my friend sent me this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycWXXBMfWnQ

my old man likes Ravi Zacharias. I only watched a few minutes of it but i see new things since being unplugged.

First off, Christianity is the most arrogant religion for saying it's the only way, the uniqueness of Christ. It is hegemonical. Second, he talks about Christ being the only way to god and salvation. So they invent problems and concepts and then they find a solution. Salvation from what? It is not salvation from my physical stress and sexual frustration, which is my major concern now, nor from my university studies or from my business affairs, my financial dependence problems and my bottom line. these are the real things what I need salvation from. not some soul issues for living an eternity in some place I have never seen. I just want to live in my body in the physical world and not have my mind or thoughts be displaced or cut off from reality. this is what Christianity does so well, so subtly. It makes karl marx's communist propaganda look like child's play. I wonder how deep they were in the middle ages into their dogma. Still the people produce according to their nature, which is beautiful cathedrals and works of love and creation, but not because of the dogma but regardless of it. now the world has moved away from religion but the pendulum has swung to secular religions and obsessions and imbalances and unrealities, other ideologies. I simply want to be a realist, a naturalist. I know how the christians debate. I watched debates. I felt that the christians won the debates, but they were losers in life. I feel demonized but not by demons but by people and their ideologies and faiths.

but the thing I must start thinking of is this> if I am free 100 percent, but my society is not, then how free am I? If people have sexual hangups but I do not, what good is my freedom if I can't practice what I desire? I felt so good in germany. Here in america I feel stifled. I don't know what the cause is, if it has to do anything with religion, but I just want to be free.. from soft control, and I wonder about the power of peer pressure and group think and so on, the mass effect
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 06:03 AM
RE: soft control
At the risk of sounding flippant...

Why not move to Thailand?

What I mean is, you seem to be struggling with the culture / the system, which, although based on ideals of freedom, has evolved under the heavy influence of Judeo-christian puritanism.

After your studies, the world is your lobster.

Oh, and I picked Thailand 'cause of your mention of sexual frustration.
I don't think I need to elucidate on that.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote: First off, Christianity is the most arrogant religion for saying it's the only way, the uniqueness of Christ. It is hegemonical.

If there is no god, there is nothing wrong with atheism. If there are twelve gods, we can have polytheism. If there is one god, there is nothing wrong with one god saying there is one savior.

Quote:Second, he talks about Christ being the only way to god and salvation. So they invent problems and concepts and then they find a solution. Salvation from what? It is not salvation from my physical stress and sexual frustration, which is my major concern now, nor from my university studies or from my business affairs, my financial dependence problems and my bottom line. these are the real things what I need salvation from. not some soul issues for living an eternity in some place I have never seen. I just want to live in my body in the physical world and not have my mind or thoughts be displaced or cut off from reality. this is what Christianity does so well, so subtly. It makes karl marx's communist propaganda look like child's play. I wonder how deep they were in the middle ages into their dogma. Still the people produce according to their nature, which is beautiful cathedrals and works of love and creation, but not because of the dogma but regardless of it. now the world has moved away from religion but the pendulum has swung to secular religions and obsessions and imbalances and unrealities, other ideologies. I simply want to be a realist, a naturalist. I know how the christians debate. I watched debates. I felt that the christians won the debates, but they were losers in life. I feel demonized but not by demons but by people and their ideologies and faiths.

but the thing I must start thinking of is this> if I am free 100 percent, but my society is not, then how free am I? If people have sexual hangups but I do not, what good is my freedom if I can't practice what I desire? I felt so good in germany. Here in america I feel stifled. I don't know what the cause is, if it has to do anything with religion, but I just want to be free.. from soft control, and I wonder about the power of peer pressure and group think and so on, the mass effect

Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. Jesus saves from Hell and also provides salvation from very, very real psychological, sexual, financial, etc. problems.

Ravi Zacharias himself came to Christ from an atheist’s background and following suicidal thoughts prompted by his existential crisis (here come forum flames).

What is confusing to me about your post is your own background. It really would be a screwed up church that was absolutely out of touch with the New Testament that greatly emphasized deliverance in eternity forward above practical, real world help with very real issues, now. I know Zacharias talks about far more than Heavenly salvation and I hope your former church did, too. Look at Romans for example, eight chapters of theology followed by eight chapters of how to succeed in life, help the weak and poor, honor fellow Christians, be real helpers to non-Christians, etc.
04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
(04-09-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote: First off, Christianity is the most arrogant religion for saying it's the only way, the uniqueness of Christ. It is hegemonical.

If there is no god, there is nothing wrong with atheism. If there are twelve gods, we can have polytheism. If there is one god, there is nothing wrong with one god saying there is one savior.

Quote:Second, he talks about Christ being the only way to god and salvation. So they invent problems and concepts and then they find a solution. Salvation from what? It is not salvation from my physical stress and sexual frustration, which is my major concern now, nor from my university studies or from my business affairs, my financial dependence problems and my bottom line. these are the real things what I need salvation from. not some soul issues for living an eternity in some place I have never seen. I just want to live in my body in the physical world and not have my mind or thoughts be displaced or cut off from reality. this is what Christianity does so well, so subtly. It makes karl marx's communist propaganda look like child's play. I wonder how deep they were in the middle ages into their dogma. Still the people produce according to their nature, which is beautiful cathedrals and works of love and creation, but not because of the dogma but regardless of it. now the world has moved away from religion but the pendulum has swung to secular religions and obsessions and imbalances and unrealities, other ideologies. I simply want to be a realist, a naturalist. I know how the christians debate. I watched debates. I felt that the christians won the debates, but they were losers in life. I feel demonized but not by demons but by people and their ideologies and faiths.

Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. Jesus saves from Hell and also provides salvation from very, very real psychological, sexual, financial, etc. problems.

Ravi Zacharias himself came to Christ from an atheist’s background and following suicidal thoughts prompted by his existential crisis (here come forum flames).

What is confusing to me about your post is your own background. It really would be a screwed up church that was absolutely out of touch with the New Testament that greatly emphasized deliverance in eternity forward above practical, real world help with very real issues, now. I know Zacharias talks about far more than Heavenly salvation and I hope your former church did, too. Look at Romans for example, eight chapters of theology followed by eight chapters of how to succeed in life, help the weak and poor, honor fellow Christians, be real helpers to non-Christians, etc.

Nope. Salvation was not part of what Jebus preached. Even if there were to be one god, there is no need for any "savior''. "Salvation" did no good. Human nature has changed not one iota since you claim Jebus did his thing. No Torah scholar talks about "salvation". It was also ineffective. Secondly, it's an ancient out-moded paradigm, to explain the human condition. It's meaningless drivel, in 2013. There is no hell, and hell and eternity had no part in Biblical thinking until very late in the game. Pleasy is simply ignorant of historical reality. It's a non-Biblical idea that some religionists use to scare children. As usual, Pleasy's posts are senseless drivel, and devoid of any logical merit. I hope whoever is paying him to write this crap here, isn't paying him much.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
(04-09-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If there is no god, there is nothing wrong with atheism. If there are twelve gods, we can have polytheism. If there is one god, there is nothing wrong with one god saying there is one savior.

Atheism is a denial of a claim, the reasons usually being that the claim-makers are far from being able to meet their burden of proof.

Present me with sufficient evidence for a god and I'll believe in it. Present me with sufficient evidence for 12 gods and I'll believe in them. The problem here isn't with atheism, it's with people who claim that god/s exist but can't (or won't) meet the burden of proof.

But even proof for a god or gods would not be enough to have me buy into this salvation bullshit; any more so than the evidence for the validity of Newtonian mechanics is proof of string theory. Separate extraordinary evidence is required for separate extraordinary claims.

You really suck at this whole 'logic' thing, because I remember explaining this to you before on multiple occasions.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
05-09-2013, 05:14 AM
(04-09-2013 06:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If there is no god, there is nothing wrong with atheism. If there are twelve gods, we can have polytheism. If there is one god, there is nothing wrong with one god saying there is one savior.

Nope. Salvation was not part of what Jebus preached. Even if there were to be one god, there is no need for any "savior''. "Salvation" did no good. Human nature has changed not one iota since you claim Jebus did his thing. No Torah scholar talks about "salvation". It was also ineffective. Secondly, it's an ancient out-moded paradigm, to explain the human condition. It's meaningless drivel, in 2013. There is no hell, and hell and eternity had no part in Biblical thinking until very late in the game. Pleasy is simply ignorant of historical reality. It's a non-Biblical idea that some religionists use to scare children. As usual, Pleasy's posts are senseless drivel, and devoid of any logical merit. I hope whoever is paying him to write this crap here, isn't paying him much.

The cost of their belief is very high - it is the loss of their reason, their freedom, their very lives wasted on drivel.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2013, 07:09 AM

To say that Jesus saves from hell is like saying that a mugger who robs you saves your life when he chooses not to shoot you.

Saves from sexual problems? Yeah, you cut off your balls, and then there are no more problems. I can't argue with that.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
10-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote: Nope. Salvation was not part of what Jebus preached. Even if there were to be one god, there is no need for any "savior''. "Salvation" did no good. Human nature has changed not one iota since you claim Jebus did his thing. No Torah scholar talks about "salvation". It was also ineffective. Secondly, it's an ancient out-moded paradigm, to explain the human condition. It's meaningless drivel, in 2013. There is no hell, and hell and eternity had no part in Biblical thinking until very late in the game. Pleasy is simply ignorant of historical reality. It's a non-Biblical idea that some religionists use to scare children. As usual, Pleasy's posts are senseless drivel, and devoid of any logical merit. I hope whoever is paying him to write this crap here, isn't paying him much.

I get paid per word you write to me because I’m not worth your time. [I’m making tons of money. Keep it going.]

Seriously, though, you bring up a good point. No modern non-Messianic Torah scholar talks about “salvation”. They say that Jesus didn’t, not really, either, and that Paul made up the whole Heaven and Hell thing.

I tell you, it’s shocking to have non-Christians say the biblical doctrine of salvation… isn’t a doctrine. Shocking! I mean, the Jewish people totally agree with everything else about both testaments and Christianity… shocking!

BB, is there any doctrine the fundamentalists hold to that you think is accurate? Just curious.
10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote: To say that Jesus saves from hell is like saying that a mugger who robs you saves your life when he chooses not to shoot you.

Why did that mugger choose not to shoot? Random act of act of free will? Did he love his intended victim? What do you really have here with this metaphor? It’s begging the questions I’ve proposed.

Quote:Saves from sexual problems? Yeah, you cut off your balls, and then there are no more problems. I can't argue with that.

So whatever the Medieval Roman Church held as “doctrine” is how you judge Christianity? How does that make your viewpoint relevant to the needs of today?

Are you unaware that two virgins marrying are saved from a host of sexual diseases and other problems (in all likelihood)?
10-09-2013, 02:52 PM

(10-09-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Saves from sexual problems? Yeah, you cut off your balls, and then there are no more problems. I can't argue with that.

So whatever the Medieval Roman Church held as “doctrine” is how you judge Christianity? How does that make your viewpoint relevant to the needs of today?

Those were the words of your savior, not the Medieval Roman Church. Now I realize why you never quote the Bible - because apparently you don't know it very well.

"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matt. 19:12)

So much about your knowledge on what you're preaching. Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post