"some" scientists think they can "prove" the matrix theory to be correct.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 01:33 AM
"some" scientists think they can "prove" the matrix theory to be correct.
http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-...46597.html

Quote:Everything you know may just be part of a Matrix-style simulation, according to physicists who claim that we could all be part of a giant GAME.

A new theory has suggested that our entire lives and memories may not be real, instead being part of a computer programme played by advanced robots.

The so-called ‘simulation argument’ has been theorised for several years, with noted academics including Oxford University philosopher Nick Bostrom, suggesting that the plot of The Matrix could be closer to real life than we think

This is just part of it. Who exactly are these half rate crack pot scientists now?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 04:53 AM
RE: "some" scientists think they can "prove" the matrix theory to be correct.
(06-08-2015 01:33 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-...46597.html

Quote:Everything you know may just be part of a Matrix-style simulation, according to physicists who claim that we could all be part of a giant GAME.

A new theory has suggested that our entire lives and memories may not be real, instead being part of a computer programme played by advanced robots.

The so-called ‘simulation argument’ has been theorised for several years, with noted academics including Oxford University philosopher Nick Bostrom, suggesting that the plot of The Matrix could be closer to real life than we think

This is just part of it. Who exactly are these half rate crack pot scientists now?

"A new theory" then "The so-called ‘simulation argument’ has been theorised for several years." Dumbass writer writes contradictions. This has been floating around for years. I think Massimo Pigliucci, a professor of philosophy at the City University of New York said it best in this Vice article

Quote:Yeah, I see it as religion for nerds. If you think about it, the big simulator in the sky is like God, but you don’t have to go for that yucky Old Testament stuff.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
06-08-2015, 05:15 AM
(06-08-2015 01:33 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/are-humans-really-...46597.html

Gee, the only thing that's missing is evidence. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-08-2015, 05:36 AM
It's sensationalism. You ain't required to follow the methodology.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-08-2015, 05:49 AM
That's abuse of the word "theory"--in reality the correct word is postulate or conjecture. If writing a story about science, a journalist should use the word theory correctly. No wonder creationists get away with "it's just a theory" criticism of evolution when stories like this get written.
[+] 3 users Like BryanS's post
06-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Uh......

Might you change your opinion when told the author - Nick Bostrom has done a bit of stand up comedy in London?????

I'd think people would be better at recognizing satire.....

Fair bet --- the man is an atheist as well - and he's spoofing belief absent proof......

Of course, I might not know anything either....

I took the red pill....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Yep, we are all puppets, inside a bubble, manipulated to amuse the ever lovin' fuck out of yet another fucking god outside our reality.

Human stupidity needs an off switch, ffs.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
10-08-2015, 01:50 PM

We've already had dipshit theists on here, espousing this as proof for gawd.

Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-08-2015, 03:45 PM
(10-08-2015 01:50 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

We've already had dipshit theists on here, espousing this as proof for gawd.

Christ, I'm glad I missed that one.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-08-2015, 03:57 PM
(10-08-2015 03:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 01:50 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  We've already had dipshit theists on here, espousing this as proof for gawd.

Christ, I'm glad I missed that one.

Yeah you were badly needed there. Weeping

I don't think he ever said he had any evidence, Brian Greene suggested something similar.
http://discovermagazine.com/2011/jun/03-...t-hologram

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.