son gay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 09:19 PM
son gay?
My son will be 20 soon. He has always had me wondering if he is gay. No big deal if he is. my husband and I have talked about it and it wouldn't change a thing if he was.
But my question is to the gays if they can answer , how long did it take to you to admit to yourselves you are gay? And did you ever have a girlfriend or ever get married to a girl then finally admit it?
I ask because I dont want my son to go through all that hurt.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: son gay?
I'm not gay, but I'm a mom of two sons.

Do you talk to your son about sex? How open are you with him about your views?

The reason that I ask, my sons are both straight, but they both knew from both my husband and myself that being gay is just fine and dandy too. We did explain what gay meant too, because they were young.

It seems to me, the kids that have the hardest time admitting they're gay are the ones who are taught its wrong.

One of my son's friends came out to me. *shrug*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-04-2015, 09:38 PM
I never sat him down and talked to him about sexual orientation but I have about sex in general. I know he knows it pisses me off when people hate on others because they are gay. iv said many a times when something is on the new or whatever about how wrong it was. I'll have a heart to heart with him.
09-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Quote:He has always had me wondering if he is gay.

why?
09-04-2015, 09:50 PM
I don't know if you need to have a heart to heart with him about this. It sounds like you've made it pretty clear to him that you're ok with and accepting of gay people. If he is gay, he'll tell you, and he'll do it when he's ready. He could still be grappling with it himself. If he's not gay, it may be really akward for you to ask.
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
09-04-2015, 09:52 PM
He is very feminine. And he has had 2 gfs both lasted a few months. And he has never seem interested. My experience with 3 brothers was very different with him. And he has 3 brothers of his own all younger that are very interested in girls. Maybe I'm the confused one lol
09-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Do not have a heart to heart with him, that would be weird as shit.
Just ignore it, it's a non-issue. If he likes the D I'm sure he will tell you when he's good and ready.
Don't force it out of him.
[+] 10 users Like earmuffs's post
09-04-2015, 10:19 PM
(09-04-2015 09:38 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I never sat him down and talked to him about sexual orientation but I have about sex in general. I know he knows it pisses me off when people hate on others because they are gay. iv said many a times when something is on the new or whatever about how wrong it was. I'll have a heart to heart with him.

I wouldn't worry about then. He knows how you feel. I wouldn't bring it up. He's 20, he's an adult and I really wouldn't want to know any details unless he was willing to share with me.

The boy who came out to me, couldn't come out to his parents because they always spoke disparaging about gays.

My son wanted him to know not all parents think that way.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone that really put me at ease. The last thing I want is for him to think i won't be there for him or love him. I'll just let him be and if he is he is. He is in college and doing really well. He is a very private person not something I am used to. The other 4 talk to me about almost everything. Maybe that's what I'm struggling with. Lol
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
09-04-2015, 10:36 PM
(09-04-2015 10:28 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Thanks everyone that really put me at ease. The last thing I want is for him to think i won't be there for him or love him. I'll just let him be and if he is he is. He is in college and doing really well. He is a very private person not something I am used to. The other 4 talk to me about almost everything. Maybe that's what I'm struggling with. Lol

As long as you've made it clear that you love him, no matter what -- he'll be fine! Some kids just aren't as open as others. It's not a bad thing. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post