son gay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: son gay?
(10-04-2015 06:22 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I know and you're right. I think I wanted to be prepared if he is.

If it helps, here's my story:
When I told my mom I was bisexual, she took a second to absorb the news and replied with a simple "OK", like it was no big deal (which it isn't, or at least shouldn't be). I had expected her to come close to disowning me (she sometimes spoke of homosexuality as if it could be "cured), but, thankfully, she didn't. I can't recall exactly what happened next (too much adrenaline), but I do remember we high-fived.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2015, 06:32 AM
(09-04-2015 10:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The boy who came out to me, couldn't come out to his parents because they always spoke disparaging about gays.

My son wanted him to know not all parents think that way.

Sounds like you did a great job raising him to be a really decent person. You should both be proud.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
10-04-2015, 07:18 AM
(09-04-2015 09:52 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  And he has had 2 gfs both lasted a few months.

I would not look into this too much. I didn't have a gf until I was almost 21. That was 15 years ago and we have been married for almost 12. As for the feminine part, I have known a 1 or 2 of guys that acted "feminine" but were totally straight (and no they didn't know each other Confused). It is also possible that he is still trying to figure it out for himself. I agree with Muffs. Just let it be.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac