speaking in tounges

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 08:41 PM
speaking in tounges
hello I don't think speaking in tounges is really something from god, but I was wondering what is the explanation for that abc news video on youtube if you guys know what im talking about. ill link it but if you guys don't want to watch it that's fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZINWC-oT6x0
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: speaking in tounges
People can make random sounds. It's not difficult.

What else needs to be explained ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
15-09-2016, 05:31 AM
They explained it in the video, their frontal lobe wasn't as active during this. This is open to interpretation, I saw it as their brain was in cruise mode, you were letting your mouth make sounds with minimal input from your mental processes.

The doctor at the end stated it clearly- claiming that god was somehow speaking through them was "problematic" and that this study didn't answer that.

I spoke in tongues as a believer, I can still do it in fact. It's simply baby babble, you stop thinking about controlling your mouth and make baby words, just like a baby does when you're trying to learn to speak.

The syllables are very short ba ba ba, sha sha sha sha, da da da.

Now put it all together:

Sha ba da da sha da ba ba.

There you have it, it sounds exactly like their alleged "language".

This baby sounds pretty much like the people in the video:

You can hear these exact same sounds, but in a different context, an older person in a religious setting, it becomes a language from god. Facepalm

It's fucking embarrassing is what it is, even that pastor in the video admits as much.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-09-2016, 06:13 AM
It's AWS -- a verifiable medical condition.

Please give - only your dollars can help those afflicted with AWS.....

This commercial brought to you the
Attention Whore Syndrome Foundation....
15-09-2016, 12:43 PM
I've read before that speaking is tongues in very similar to people who are put into a trance like state and then asked to speak it can come out very jumbled and erratic, this can happen to Buddhists who meditate or even "psychics" or start drawing or writing it comes out very strange. Afterward they say they were a vessel for a ghost or some other spirit being so they either were trying to write out a message or they needed to keep writing to physically handle the spirit presence.

The human mind is capable of performing strange tasks like this, even studies on hypnosis proves how susceptible people are to committing strange acts when encouraged to do so. They just need to be in a very compliant state, plus add in the extra layer of joy, love or connection to a God and it's even more powerful.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
15-09-2016, 09:18 PM
There was a time when gibberish was called 'scat'.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
15-09-2016, 10:15 PM

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Any religious interpreters wanna tell me what the hell this dog is talking about?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
16-09-2016, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 04:36 AM by unfogged.)
(15-09-2016 10:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Any religious interpreters wanna tell me what the hell this dog is talking about?

He's saying "Get your fucking hand off my muzzle before I take a chunk out of it"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
16-09-2016, 05:45 AM
Ah, the "soft" approach to evangelizing. Drinking Beverage

But you know it doenst matter how you present something but it matters what you present? Posting a YT link and asking if we have an explanation is a posterchild "argument from ignorance". "We" dont have to explain anything you present. You have, and you better convice us with good arguments, because otherwise we will keep believing in....."i dont know".

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post