spiritualism with no God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: spiritualism with no God
Hello!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 03:40 AM
Hiyas. I'm an atheist, and spiritual in the sense that I find wonder in the connections between myself and the Universe, whether it's the evolutionary web, or the fact that every atom in my body heavier than lithium is literally the ashes of a supernova.

I am spiritual in the sense of Freeman Dyson's words -- "We are the Universe, pondering itself." It's not about saying "Wow, that's pretty!" as Brian insinuates. It's about getting at the root of one's place, knowing where you stand.

This is exactly why religions are almost always aspiritual: because rather than searching for one's roots, religion imposes a just-so story upon the observed framework, a fabric which must be continually mended as the observed framework stretches and snaps warp and weft.

If someone ain't spiritual, great, have at it. It's a state of mind, not a fact about the outer world. I don't get the butthurt over the word from many atheists. If you don't like someone else's frame of mind, so long as they aren't making you eat it for breakfast, why trip out about it?

[Image: tumblr_le9f5z2xYP1qzusjlo1_500.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-03-2016, 04:22 AM
Hello.

[Image: ugliest_animals_10x.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Hello, if by spiritual you mean that feeling of awe you get at the wonders of the earth, nature, universe I can totally go there although I would probably use different language to describe it. Welcome and I hope you have as good a time here as I have, I've made some great friends on TTA.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-03-2016, 12:23 PM
(11-03-2016 04:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello.

[Image: ugliest_animals_10x.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_o2mgydKeid1qfq1c1o1_500.jpg]

Moley moley! MOLE!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-05-2016, 05:45 AM
SPOT ON!
(11-03-2016 03:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hiyas. I'm an atheist, and spiritual in the sense that I find wonder in the connections between myself and the Universe, whether it's the evolutionary web, or the fact that every atom in my body heavier than lithium is literally the ashes of a supernova.

I am spiritual in the sense of Freeman Dyson's words -- "We are the Universe, pondering itself." It's not about saying "Wow, that's pretty!" as Brian insinuates. It's about getting at the root of one's place, knowing where you stand.

This is exactly why religions are almost always aspiritual: because rather than searching for one's roots, religion imposes a just-so story upon the observed framework, a fabric which must be continually mended as the observed framework stretches and snaps warp and weft.

If someone ain't spiritual, great, have at it. It's a state of mind, not a fact about the outer world. I don't get the butthurt over the word from many atheists. If you don't like someone else's frame of mind, so long as they aren't making you eat it for breakfast, why trip out about it?

[Image: tumblr_le9f5z2xYP1qzusjlo1_500.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes spiritualatheist's post