[split] A2's hijacking

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-11-2013, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 10:31 AM by kingschosen.)
[split] A2's hijacking
Only The Lord knows the answer to the question we humans cant fathom the power of God, that's why He is a mystery

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2013, 04:25 AM
RE: A Rock So Heavy
Mrs "A" - If we can't possibly understand something, how can we claim to know it?

I don't subscribe to this particular paradox because I think the terms are essentially meaningless. Without a working definition of what omnipotence is that is shown to align to some kind of reality it's all a bit moot. Is God's omnipotence a metaphysical ability to do anything, even logically contradictory things... or is God's omnipotence a total control over some scope of nature, for example the ability to substitute any part of space and time with an alternate version of that section of spacetime? If the latter then I think the paradox resolves itself without meaningfully diminishing the nature of the god's omnipotence as it relates to this universe.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
24-11-2013, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 07:24 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(24-11-2013 03:39 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Only The Lord knows the answer to the question we humans cant fathom the power of God, that's why He is a mystery
Well if that's so then how do you know that god exists ?

before calling something a "mystery" you gotta make sure what you're finding is anything more than a vague assumption..

otherwise why not make an episode of "mythbusters" and analyze everything related to religion with 100% accurate data ?

Oh wait they did that ! and most of the time the people who said that they saw or heard "God" were just hallucinating !

Mythbusters:RELIGION

This is the typical conversation with a christian theist online :-

Theist:"God Exists"
Atheist:Why ?
Theist:Because I know !
Atheist:why do you know ?
Theist:because Bible says so !
Atheist:why is bible any credible ?
Theist:because bible is the word of God !
Atheist:how do you know it is the word of God ?
Theist: Because fu*k you !
24-11-2013, 10:17 AM
(24-11-2013 03:39 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Only The Lord knows the answer to the question we humans cant fathom the power of God, that's why He is a mystery

Of course, I'm sure the guys in the desert who thought the world was flat thought the same exact thing.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
24-11-2013, 10:25 AM

AND
why every christian should STOP trying to comprehend and/or explain him to anyone else.

GAWDS this shit pisses me off. One breath christians are explaining what God is, what he's done, what he'll do....... (even the threat of hell) and step ONE little thread over and here's a christian saying "ooooooh he's just a mystery" or we're just mortals, etc.
FUCK!
The utter convenience of that should astound even you

someone shoot me now...........Hobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-11-2013, 01:17 PM
(24-11-2013 10:25 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

AND
why every christian should STOP trying to comprehend and/or explain him to anyone else.

GAWDS this shit pisses me off. One breath christians are explaining what God is, what he's done, what he'll do....... (even the threat of hell) and step ONE little thread over and here's a christian saying "ooooooh he's just a mystery" or we're just mortals, etc.
FUCK!

God is a metaphor for trancendent mysteryTongue Funny how that always seems to be the case when people really talk about him.
Oh..ato's account was taken over by his mom and since has been blocked.
This is a great lesson to never have saved passwords and clear internet historySmartass

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
24-11-2013, 01:27 PM
(24-11-2013 01:17 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 10:25 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  AND

FUCK!

God is a metaphor for trancendent mysteryTongue Funny how that always seems to be the case when people really talk about him.
This is a great lesson to never have saved passwords and clear internet historySmartass

Good idea, maybe the next time Atothetheist logs back on, he will remember your advice Smartass
24-11-2013, 01:39 PM
(24-11-2013 01:27 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 01:17 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  God is a metaphor for trancendent mysteryTongue Funny how that always seems to be the case when people really talk about him.

Good idea, maybe the next time Atothetheist logs back on, he will remember your advice Smartass

My son will never be logging back on he has finally seen the light and I wont let you all ruin him.
[+] 1 user Likes Concerned's post
24-11-2013, 01:47 PM
(24-11-2013 01:39 PM)Concerned Wrote:  My son will never be logging back on he has finally seen the light and I wont let you all ruin him.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-11-2013, 01:53 PM
(24-11-2013 01:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 01:39 PM)Concerned Wrote:  My son will never be logging back on he has finally seen the light and I wont let you all ruin him.

Shoo fly!

And who might you be? You call yourself a mother but you are still on this site corrupting my boy and turning him away from Him.