[split] A2's hijacking

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-11-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: [split] A2's hijacking
(24-11-2013 04:47 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 02:34 PM)Concerned Wrote:  At least Im saving him by keeping him away from the likes of you all of you should be ashamed.

I'm a mom........ In fact, I'm even a grandmother.

I can appreciate that you live in a great deal of fear - for yourself and therefore for your son as well. It's simply the life you lead as a Catholic. Your religion is deeply seeded into your heart, your mind and obviously your day-to-day life.

Also, I'd like to add that parent to parent I would not have liked my own daughters in discussion with people I seriously disagreed with - when they were still little and living under my roof. So - I can get why you're upset. We here hold different views regarding God and religion than yours - so your son here visiting with us - holding opposing views to your own - could upset most Any mother. I remember a die-hard christian getting ahold of my oldest when she was in Middle School and I drove over to that woman's house to give her the *what for* whether that was a proper thing for me to do or not. I did not want someone to sell her religion or implant her with fear behind my back.

And that's what you're feeling right now - like your son sought out more answers, more info and we talked to him behind your back. I get it. Really I do.
Speaking only for myself - I'm sorry if you feel adults discussed religion (or life minus religion) behind your back. That is scary for a parent. But it would be good for you to understand a couple of things: One - no one Here forced him to sign up and gain membership here. Atheists do NOT recruit. Secondly, since he carried himself so well in conversations - I, for one, never thought him a child. That's actually credit to you as his mother. So please accept the compliment.

I won't try to challenge how you feel about your religion. Rather I'd respect that this is something you feel strongly about and have your reasons for doing so. But please don't be too harsh to judge folks here. Just because we view religion and the concept of God differently to you doesn't mean we are bad or evil people. A lack of belief doesn't necessarily equate to being BAD people with no morals, ethics or people who do not value life. I've found the members here intelligent, sensitive and caring people who lead good lives. Religion isn't required to care about how you affect the world. In fact, our lives can be more difficult for there's no absolution. We have no choice but to own our own successes or failures. No one is coming to save us. Keep that in mind when you run into non-believers. And don't pity non-believers either. They/We don't seek nor need your pity. There's nothing wrong or evil in our lives that requires pity or help. We're just decent people going about our lives same as anyone else.

I've typed all this up in the hopes that you can feel better, I hope, that your son has not been exposed to hateful or ugly people; teaching him to be disrespectful or nasty out there in the world. Nothing could be farther than the truth. I, for one, would only wish your son to grow up a morally strong and ethically sound young man who'd affect the world in a seriously positive way. He will be the generation to directly affect my grandchildren's lives........ so of course I'd only want the best.

I'm sure you work hard to be a good mom. Otherwise you'd never typed one word here - you'd not have cared. So I'm glad you care and just want what's best for your son - from your point of view.

I wish you nothing but good.

Thank you for your kind words. My boy is very precious to me and I want him to be in Heaven with me and The Lord. My boy is currently struggling and his atheism is the thing that has poisoned him. His lack of belief in Him is causing much friction and I can see it tearing him apart. You all are fueling his inner feud and I seek to only cut him off from the oil that's being pored onto the blazing fire. You are a true blessing and I thank you for the kind words but I can not take the credit for my son's intelligence. The Lord provided him with the brains to make any school beam in pride. However He did not instruct my boy how to learn and now he is learning all this atheistic garbage that is filling his mind and challenging mine and His authority.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 10:06 PM
(27-11-2013 09:48 PM)Concerned Wrote:  You all are fueling his inner feud and I seek to only cut him off from the oil that's being pored onto the blazing fire.
The fire in question was started before he decided to join this community. Steven is a bright lad, he doesn't need our support to think for himself. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
27-11-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2013 10:13 PM by Free Thought.)
(27-11-2013 09:41 PM)Concerned Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 09:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck crawled up in your ass and died. ... Accusing someone, anyone, of cowardice is out of bounds. ... I will show you fear in a handful of dust. ... Fucker. ... Let's see you call her a coward then.

I am most certainly not a coward I am just doing what is right for my boy.

I question your definition of 'right'.

If this forum were a different activity; using heroin or hanging out with criminals or what-have-you, I might agree, but use of this forum is certainly not a dangerous or self-destructive habit; it is, or rather was, a freely chosen social activity with like-minded individuals; no different to church get togethers in function: social communication and support, just lacking a deity or rituals. And with the bonus of education, depending on which sections one might find themselves in (i.e. the Science section).

It is obvious that Ato's atheism is unpleasant to you probably to say the least, and I would not be surprised if you even considered it dangerous based on your already obvious fear of hell, which I am sure is to you perfectly rational, however:
Ato was on his own path and restricting him from it in such a way for your own fears, not to mention hijacking his personal account, is underhanded and thus contemptible, which, according to the Oxford Dictionary, is the definition of "coward". It would take a lot more courage to let him develop on his own path than try to censor opinions contrary to yours. It would have been the honourable path too.
If you had not taken the actions you have described, but come here to discuss with others, or just discussed with him in private, or contacted the Forum admins with your concerns alone, I would have been much kinder in my wording as those actions would have borne some genuine respect based on the motherly desire of protection, but that is not how this has played out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-11-2013, 10:12 PM
(27-11-2013 10:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:48 PM)Concerned Wrote:  You all are fueling his inner feud and I seek to only cut him off from the oil that's being pored onto the blazing fire.
The fire in question was started before he decided to join this community. Steven is a bright lad, he doesn't need our support to think for himself. Smartass

The fire might have started before but the likes of you have kept it burning.
27-11-2013, 10:13 PM
(27-11-2013 10:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:41 PM)Concerned Wrote:  I am most certainly not a coward I am just doing what is right for my boy.

If this forum were a different activity; using heroin or hanging out with criminals or what-have-you, I might agree, but use of this forum is certainly not a dangerous or self-destructive habit; it is, or rather was, a freely chosen social activity with like-minded individuals; no different to church get togethers in function: social communication and support, just lacking a deity or rituals. And with the bonus of education, depending on which sections one might find themselves in (i.e. the Science section).

It is obvious that Ato's atheism is unpleasant to you probably to say the least, and I would not be surprised if you even considered it dangerous based on your already obvious fear of hell, which I am sure is to you perfectly rational, however:
Ato was on his own path and restricting him from it in such a way for your own fears, not to mention hijacking his personal account, is underhanded and thus contemptible, which, according to the Oxford Dictionary, the definition of "coward". It would take a lot more courage to let him develop on his own path than try to censor opinions contrary to yours.
If you had not taken the actions you have described, but come here to discuss with others, or just discussed with him in private, or contacted the Forum admins with your concerns alone, I would have been much kinder in my wording as those actions would have borne some genuine respect based on the motherly desire of protection, but that is not how this has played out.

You merely don't understand a mothers right to protect her child you must not mature enough to discuss with me
27-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Troll probability 75% up 5% from previous.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-11-2013, 10:28 PM
(27-11-2013 10:13 PM)Concerned Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 10:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I question your definition of 'right'.

Ato was on his own path and restricting him from it in such a way for your own fears, not to mention hijacking his personal account, is underhanded and thus contemptible, which, according to the Oxford Dictionary, the definition of "coward". It would take a lot more courage to let him develop on his own path than try to censor opinions contrary to yours.

You merely don't understand a mothers right to protect her child you must not mature enough to discuss with me

You underestimate my ability to understand, however as I said; your chosen path contradicted Stevens own desired path of development and your stated methods are dishonourable in my eyes, I can understand the desire to protect Steven, but trying to strangle-hold him into submission to your beliefs is almost unthinkable to me. The mind is one of the most precious things a human will ever have, and indoctrination is one of the worst poisons one can ever inflict upon it. Trying to force a mind to develop in a certain way is bad enough, but to try to force one that is already well on it's way is even worse.

If one is to become their own person, they must be allowed to develop along their own path; not the path their parents set out, not the path their preacher set out, but the path that they themselves set upon.
Parental and peer guidance is natural and understandable, but there comes a point when it stops being guidance and it starts being indoctrination and possibly even mental enslavement, both of which have been known to cause excessive psychological damage to the child, most often in cases where the child had other ideas.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-11-2013, 10:29 PM
(27-11-2013 10:12 PM)Concerned Wrote:  The fire might have started before but the likes of you have kept it burning.
No, what keeps it burning is his curiosity and his insatiable thirst for knowledge. You may not realize this, but your actions are driving a bigger wedge between him and God than we ever could.

On his 18th birthday, you'll understand just how much your plans are going to backfire on you.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Vosur's post
27-11-2013, 10:36 PM
(27-11-2013 10:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 09:41 PM)Concerned Wrote:  I am most certainly not a coward I am just doing what is right for my boy.

Ato was on his own path and restricting him from it in such a way for your own fears, not to mention hijacking his personal account, is underhanded and thus contemptible, which, according to the Oxford Dictionary, is the definition of "coward". It would take a lot more courage to let him develop on his own path than try to censor opinions contrary to yours. It would have been the honourable path too.
How do you know my son's name?
27-11-2013, 10:40 PM
(27-11-2013 10:36 PM)Concerned Wrote:  
(27-11-2013 10:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I question your definition of 'right'.

How do you know my son's name?

Same way Vosur does, I imagine.

We're magical. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post