[split] A2's hijacking

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-11-2013, 05:53 AM
RE: [split] A2's hijacking
Too bad she didn't respond to my 'is a bad parent post, let's just hope it will keep her from that night's rest.

So this is a split topic, what was the original?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2013, 05:58 AM
(28-11-2013 05:53 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Too bad she didn't respond to my 'is a bad parent post, let's just hope it will keep her from that night's rest.

So this is a split topic, what was the original?

"A Rock So Heavy", Atheism vs Theism, OP is PleaseJesus. Derailed around the tenth page.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-11-2013, 06:25 AM
(28-11-2013 12:05 AM)Concerned Wrote:  You all are impossible! I'm leaving to get a goodnights rest for thanksgiving. I never want to return here again

I actually hope you won't read this. I don't think hanging around here is a positive thing for you, any way you look at it. I haven't read the whole thread, I just got up, but from what I see it is totally unproductive. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here - the forum is open to you to investigate all you want, if you are concerned about your boy. You can see everything he ever said and speak to him about it if you so wish.

But why engage with a bunch of atheists who come from all corners of the world and agree on nothing but that they all don't have a belief in gods? What are you trying to gain by this?

You won't get an idea of what atheism is all about. We have no common thread. Some people's behavior in this thread peed me off as much as it did you. I don't know what any of you, concerned and atheists, were trying to accomplish here other than get some poor kid into trouble at home.

Concerned, Ato is a smart young man. I recommend you engage in intelligent conversation with him. What people here think is totally irrelevant to your and Ato's future and emotional health. If you don't want Ato to end up resenting religion as much as some of the members here do, don't make it such a huge, scary factor in his life. Make it pleasant. Use common sense.

This whole thread disgusts me. The only person suffering because of it is Ato. Concerned comes here, likely because she truly is worried about her boy, but then she acts as instigator and tries to get everyone all heated up.

And our distinguished membership complies and the whole thing turns ugly.

WTF is the matter with all of you? Are you all confused teenagers?

End of rant.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
29-11-2013, 04:42 AM
So, I get skipped over, eh?

Typical.

Seems someone is too concerned with finding blame than addressing the crux of the problem.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
29-11-2013, 05:50 AM
(29-11-2013 04:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  crux of the problem.

Yeah that is more or less the problem Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-11-2013, 06:59 AM
(28-11-2013 06:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 12:05 AM)Concerned Wrote:  You all are impossible! I'm leaving to get a goodnights rest for thanksgiving. I never want to return here again

I actually hope you won't read this. I don't think hanging around here is a positive thing for you, any way you look at it. I haven't read the whole thread, I just got up, but from what I see it is totally unproductive. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish here - the forum is open to you to investigate all you want, if you are concerned about your boy. You can see everything he ever said and speak to him about it if you so wish.

But why engage with a bunch of atheists who come from all corners of the world and agree on nothing but that they all don't have a belief in gods? What are you trying to gain by this?

You won't get an idea of what atheism is all about. We have no common thread. Some people's behavior in this thread peed me off as much as it did you. I don't know what any of you, concerned and atheists, were trying to accomplish here other than get some poor kid into trouble at home.

Concerned, Ato is a smart young man. I recommend you engage in intelligent conversation with him. What people here think is totally irrelevant to your and Ato's future and emotional health. If you don't want Ato to end up resenting religion as much as some of the members here do, don't make it such a huge, scary factor in his life. Make it pleasant. Use common sense.

This whole thread disgusts me. The only person suffering because of it is Ato. Concerned comes here, likely because she truly is worried about her boy, but then she acts as instigator and tries to get everyone all heated up.

And our distinguished membership complies and the whole thing turns ugly.

WTF is the matter with all of you? Are you all confused teenagers?

End of rant.

Good rant.

I wrote to her with compassion - as a mom. She responded with respect and shared the love of her son and [a touch] religion. But she does very much hate atheism apparently so you are right in everything you say in your post here. I don't think being here is good for her either as she's not really interested in trying to learn more about non-believers and why they think as they do (aka her son's interest as well) --- so ---
She's a good mom but religion is ingrained in her - part of who she is. My mom was the same way.... the beating heart within her. For some people that is just what they know, what they feel.......... and no amount of logic or conversation or disagreement shakes that within them.

I wish some atheists would just comprehend that NO AMOUNT of badgering, belittling, or bullying can make a believer appreciate non-belief. --- Not when it runs in their veins. I try to sum someone up in a post or two to see if we've enough common ground (or similar questions) to engage between believer & non-believer conversation. Sometimes its possible and sometimes it is not. My benchmark is pretty simple: I'll discuss or visit with anyone, make jokes, hang out...... till someone tries to SHOVE their religion down my throat - then I'm not nice about that at all. This mom did not try to Shove her religion down my throat so I'll be nice and respectful to her ALL day long.
Some believers are such shit-heads they just make excellent chew toys. I just try to choose my toys wisely.

This woman? She's honestly just trying to be the best mother she can. And while she and her son might disagree on some pretty fundamental things........ that's between them and I know despite that issue of religion --- this young man knows his mama loves him. She'd likely walk through fire for him.

I don't hate all Christians. What I DO hate is stupid. It's a pretty good benchmark.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
29-11-2013, 08:20 AM
[Image: 4c6e58fd.jpg]

(lol............. had to do it )

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
29-11-2013, 09:59 AM
(29-11-2013 04:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, I get skipped over, eh?

Typical.

Seems someone is too concerned with finding blame than addressing the crux of the problem.

Well KC, that is because you are a Christian, not some bad atheist, so she has nothing to say to you. Touché.

Mrs. Concerned... I am very glad you have brought your boy back to where he belongs. I am sure that he appreciates what you did for him very much and he will be forever grateful for this. I wish you all the happiness in you life with your family and Christ, now that he is "back" everything will be great, because now he has seen the light and knows the truth. Again.

Right?

Oh, and I simply love the way you handled things like "trust", "talk", "open discussion", "privacy" and "honesty" with your son. Excellent moral guidance for all of us, heathens. My favorite part was the "free will". Oh, I simply loved that part.

Thank you.

[Image: oh-please-tell-me-more.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post