[split] ATTN: Call_of_the_Wild - 10 questions about your beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 10:01 AM
[split] ATTN: Call_of_the_Wild - 10 questions about your beliefs
(24-02-2015 07:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 06:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  'Cause he's a pussy just looking for some Vagisil to reduce the arthritis of the cartilage in his brain.

Once again Girly nails it.

He's a chicken shit waste.

And yet I find the implicit sexism here distasteful.....

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: ATTN: Call_of_the_Wild - 10 questions about your beliefs
Blink

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-02-2015, 10:31 AM
(26-02-2015 10:29 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Blink

Surprised?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-02-2015, 11:08 AM
(26-02-2015 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:29 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Blink

Surprised?

Ya I don't know if claywise is trying to be funny or serious.... Drooling

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-02-2015, 12:24 PM
(26-02-2015 11:08 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Surprised?

Ya I don't know if claywise is trying to be funny or serious.... Drooling

Actually serious, though I don't mean to be a scold and not intending to call anyone out.

I guess I'm just tired of the American (global?) cultural phenomenon of using "female" words and images to take someone down, and the flipside, "male" images/words to demonstrate superiority.

So, you know, Vagisil (though I've been told it's the Holy Lord God Almighty's perfect salve for chafing; I intend to bring some when I thru-hike the Colorado Trail this summer).

And those big dog/little dog bumper stickers are an example: I penetrate and fuck you to show my dominance.

Feel free to yell at me for being P.C. but I do think it matters.

Sermon ended.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
26-02-2015, 02:42 PM
(26-02-2015 12:24 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:08 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ya I don't know if claywise is trying to be funny or serious.... Drooling

Actually serious, though I don't mean to be a scold and not intending to call anyone out.

I guess I'm just tired of the American (global?) cultural phenomenon of using "female" words and images to take someone down, and the flipside, "male" images/words to demonstrate superiority.

So, you know, Vagisil (though I've been told it's the Holy Lord God Almighty's perfect salve for chafing; I intend to bring some when I thru-hike the Colorado Trail this summer).

And those big dog/little dog bumper stickers are an example: I penetrate and fuck you to show my dominance.

Feel free to yell at me for being P.C. but I do think it matters.

Sermon ended.

Well I appreciate your right to have an opinion, and your expounding on your comment...and you are right, it is a part of our vernacular when we deride one another, we are never too far away from a dick reference these days are we? But if we all tape our mouths shut because someone may get offended by this or that, we will never say anything. You can write anything these days and someone will get huffy and claim to be offended.

Since I am a class A prick, I usually say something along the lines of "really? offended? Can't sleep? Loss of appetite? can't get it up anymore? can't focus at work? really affecting you? get over it."

The two most abused phrases in the english language are "I am offended" and "that is racist". Sometimes I just think we need to "man up" a bit, its just words, get over it. However, the PC military officer side of me says..."well gee I apologize if I in anyway offended you, let me promulgate some appropriate training for all in attendance of that remark and we will ensure we clearly establish further usage of that phrase or word is never used again". Big Grin

its all good, I was just wondering what your angle was, sometimes it is hard to decipher sarcasm from wit, serious from satire. Thanks for explaining Smile

26-02-2015, 03:00 PM
(26-02-2015 10:01 AM)claywise Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 07:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Once again Girly nails it.

He's a chicken shit waste.

And yet I find the implicit sexism here distasteful.....

Huh? Girly is short for Girlyman, his username on the forum.

Or was the problem with referring to CotW as a chicken shit waste? Because chickens are technically female?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-02-2015, 03:10 PM
(26-02-2015 03:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:01 AM)claywise Wrote:  And yet I find the implicit sexism here distasteful.....

Huh? Girly is short for Girlyman, his username on the forum.

Or was the problem with referring to CotW as a chicken shit waste? Because chickens are technically female?

Girly's use of Pussy* and Vagisil* I believe are what he's taking umbrage with. I see where he is coming from but it's not used as an insult because it's female but because it's anatomy and thus not a word for polite conversation which is what makes it work as a swear.

If I call someone a dick head, I assure you it's not cause I think they are superior.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
26-02-2015, 03:28 PM
(26-02-2015 02:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Since I am a class A prick, I usually say something along the lines of "really? offended?

I, personally, am not offended by anything when it comes to language. For example, while I perfectly understand that the history associated with "nigger" is painful and, as a white guy, I probably don't have the "DNA" to fully understand how it hits some ears, I'm with Lenny Bruce: when we make one word so verboten (wait — isn't that a NAZI word???!!) that everyone in the culture except asshole racists and ironists (the only sense in which I use the word, ever) imposes a kindergarten morality and major newspapers feel they must use "n word," it really doesn't serve anyone. We are, iin fact, incredibly foolish to grant such power to sounds emanating from human voiceboxes. Go, Lenny.

I love the way Australians use "cunt," and—call me inconsistent—it's just such a great word. In the U.S., it is automatically deemed to be demeaning to women, but just using it Aussie style—that Pat Robertson, what a cahnt—seems totally fine. Meanwhile, to me, if I am trying to put some dude down by vagina-izing him in some way, the message enforcement feels so much more clear.

With the male/female, dominance/submission hierarchy in language, I'm not offended. But it's one of those things that I, personally, do my best to avoid because I really don't like the ethic behind it (and it's so deeply ingrained that it is, I'm afraid, nearly universal). Same way I don't like when someone uses "pit bull" to suggest dangerous or violent—I'm a "pibble" advocate (much cuter, no?), so I don't use the term that way, and when there is an opening, I might give a cheery little plug for pibbles.

Because, you know, you wanted a droning lecture, right?

26-02-2015, 03:31 PM
This is careening off into a whole new topic. MSBB could we split it?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]