[split] An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: [split] An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(03-06-2014 10:54 AM)Malaprop Wrote:  I'm both a newbie on this site and more than a little confused here! How could a child possibly have an innate sense of morality when morality itself or ones view of moral/immoral behaviour is constantly changing. It's extraordinarily difficult at times for ordinary compassionate, educated and thoughtful people to decide what's right and wrong on major issues and far better minds than ours have pondered long and hard over ever-changing views on morality.

Quite honestly, it's rather ridiculous that one believes that a stork can deliver a fully matured philosopher who knows immediately that cutting another cent off the hourly rate of a poor rice planter in Cambodia to provide another dividend to a rich fat speculator in New York and earn the stockbroker another upgrade on his BMW is wrong!

isn't it?

Welcome to the forum.

And I thought I was the only one here who believed in the stork theory of reproduction.

Hurrah!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-06-2014, 12:04 PM
03-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Interesting, it seems you can't read or respond to posts correctly without ruining the quote tags, is that correct?

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
lol

im on my cell.phone sorry
03-06-2014, 12:08 PM
(03-06-2014 11:09 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 10:54 AM)Malaprop Wrote:  I'm both a newbie on this site and more than a little confused here! How could a child possibly have an innate sense of morality when morality itself or ones view of moral/immoral behaviour is constantly changing. It's extraordinarily difficult at times for ordinary compassionate, educated and thoughtful people to decide what's right and wrong on major issues and far better minds than ours have pondered long and hard over ever-changing views on morality.

Quite honestly, it's rather ridiculous that one believes that a stork can deliver a fully matured philosopher who knows immediately that cutting another cent off the hourly rate of a poor rice planter in Cambodia to provide another dividend to a rich fat speculator in New York and earn the stockbroker another upgrade on his BMW is wrong!

isn't it?

Nice straw man you've built there, but the post you're referring to said "basic moral principles," not "ethical stock trading" or "economic ethics".

http://youtu.be/HBW5vdhr_PA

I think you've missed the point there "Ramp"...there's nothing more morally basic than taking a penny from a poor man to make a rich man richer....
03-06-2014, 12:08 PM
so are you affirming objective moral values and duties or not?
03-06-2014, 12:20 PM
(03-06-2014 12:08 PM)Malaprop Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 11:09 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Nice straw man you've built there, but the post you're referring to said "basic moral principles," not "ethical stock trading" or "economic ethics".

http://youtu.be/HBW5vdhr_PA

I think you've missed the point there "Ramp"...there's nothing more morally basic than taking a penny from a poor man to make a rich man richer....

So you're not going to watch the video.

Got it.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
03-06-2014, 12:59 PM
(03-06-2014 12:08 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  so are you affirming objective moral values and duties or not?

Dude.
Not all the word-salad in the world can prove your God. No matter how elaborate or science-y, or what vocabulary you dress it all up with............ just no.

You have NO proof.

Zero.

IF you did - you'd have offered it by now and this thread would have been one fucking page long.

done.
that's gone with a "D".

good luck with that.

oh and........................ Shut Up already.
LOLLaughat

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-06-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 02:02 PM by Malaprop.)