[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 08:58 AM
RE: Another school shooting.
Nope. I wasn't being rough just honest. If you want to assume I meant every gun owner is a buffoon you go right on ahead. Not my complex.

But it's time to take responsibility. These people who die, their blood is on our hands, because we aren't willing to change things.

Anyway back to the topic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
02-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Another shooting and another series of excuses and special pleading to not do anything.

More Americans have died from gun violence since 1968 that ALL US wars in our history combined (including the Civil War).

http://www.politifact.com/.../more-ameri...d-guns.../

It's absolutely sickening just how bad it is in the US. The intentional homicide rate for the US is 4.7 people per 100k people. That's comparable to Yemen (4.8), Latvia (4.7), Niger (4.7), Ukraine (4.3), Georgia (4.3), and Cuba (4.2).

For other counties with high rates of gun ownership but actual useful gun laws and regulations, the rates are much lower. Israel (1.8), Australia (1.1), Canada (1.6), France (1.0), Germany (0.8), and Denmark (0.8). (Data for 2011/2012).

It's truly disgusting how the gun culture of the ammosexuals continues to inhibit our ability to enact real change. Instead, people just keep praying and hoping it'll all just miraculously stop and in the meantime, people continue to follow and support people like George Zimmerman. Days like these make me truly sad to be an American. We can and should do so much better.

We have politicians who are dead set determined to stop rampant voter fraud and pass legislation to enact voter ID laws, when we've had almost no examples of voter fraud in decades (what? 5 in the last decade?). No one cares about the burdens being placed on the voter to vote. But if anyone dares even mention gun legislation or improvements to gun licensure, the rallying cries of "its unconstitutional to burden the gun owner!!!" come flying.

The manipulation of the masses of morons that litter the country exclaiming "lib-tards are ruining the country" and "Trump 2016" is disturbing and disheartening.

294 mass shootings this year so far (it's day 274).

"There is nothing we can do to prevent these sorts of things from happening."
-person living in only country in the world where this regularly happens.

http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2013/0...fact-check

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...76366.html

[attachment=2984]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Take that crap to the political boards.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-10-2015, 10:17 AM
(02-10-2015 10:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Take that crap to the political boards.

Um... Huh "That crap" seems pretty on point to me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-10-2015, 10:18 AM
(02-10-2015 10:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Take that crap to the political boards.

No, it's not. Already been said that this isn't a thread/section for the gun debate.

02-10-2015, 10:19 AM
(02-10-2015 10:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Wait, what "crap?"

-Rick
02-10-2015, 10:21 AM
(02-10-2015 10:19 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  Um... Huh "That crap" seems pretty on point to me.

Wait, what "crap?"

Colloquially. Not literally.

Not the section for that post.

Political boards are in another section. This happens every time there is a tragedy involving guns. Not what this section is about.

02-10-2015, 10:22 AM
(02-10-2015 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:19 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Wait, what "crap?"

Colloquially. Not literally.

Political boards are in another section. This happens every time there is a tragedy involving guns. Not what this section is about.

Go fuck yourself. It is in "World News" and I will post what I see as related and relevant.

-Rick
02-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Well a few mods have warned not to post about guns in this thread.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
02-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(02-10-2015 10:22 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Colloquially. Not literally.

Go fuck yourself. It is in "World News" and I will post what I see as related and relevant.

It's no different than swooping into a topic and proselytizing or going into any topic in any section and talking about your political opinions on a related matter. Content of your opinion is irrelevant.