[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Now, someone explain to me how the fuck my post is about "guns" or the "gun control debate"

(02-10-2015 10:12 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  More Americans have died from gun violence...
Quote:For other counties with high rates of gun ownership but actual useful gun laws and regulations...
Quote:It's truly disgusting how the gun culture of the...
Quote:But if anyone dares even mention gun legislation or improvements to gun licensure, the rallying cries of "its unconstitutional to burden the gun owner!!!" come flying.
Quote:294 mass shootings this year so far (it's day 274).
Quote:http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2013/0...fact-check
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...76366.html

Dude, I'm just about the most anti-gun a person can possibly be, but when I saw your post I was thinking, "I wonder if they are just gunna do a thread split..." It's pretty obvious your post heavily focused on guns/gun control and not on the specific event that happened yesterday.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 11:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You used the tragedy as a soapbox.

Like it doesn't happen every time with everybody? There ain't no "news" that ain't a platform for somebody. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 11:41 AM
(02-10-2015 11:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You used the tragedy as a soapbox.

Like it doesn't happen every time with everybody? There ain't no "news" that ain't a platform for somebody. Dodgy

My post focuses on a broken system that allows things like the events of yesterday to happen. At no point is my post about what to do about it. It is not about what to do with guns or gun laws or gun regulations or licensing or anything. I simply stated facts, provided links to articles, and provided statistics showing just how fucked up events like yesterday are.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
(02-10-2015 11:41 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Like it doesn't happen every time with everybody? There ain't no "news" that ain't a platform for somebody. Dodgy

My post focuses on a broken system that allows things like the events of yesterday to happen. At no point is my post about what to do about it. It is not about what to do with guns or gun laws or gun regulations or licensing or anything. I simply stated facts, provided links to articles, and provided statistics showing just how fucked up events like yesterday are.

Actually, I have to apologise here.

I'm tired and I missed the 'and' in the title.

It was supposed to be:

"inevitable gun debate and speculation of root causes"

My bad.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 11:59 AM
(02-10-2015 02:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It ain't the guns, it's the culture. I really ain't got much to say beyond that. Undecided

It takes a moral person to drive a moral wedge. Here's a clue - that ain't you. Are you really this unaware? Blink

Heywood is unable to understand the exasperation the rest of the civilised world has toward Americans and their ridiculous attitude toward guns in the wake of mass shooting after mass shooting after.......

He has also grabbed one thing he thinks he can use against us without understanding the context. You see HOC, Heywood is really stupid and desperate.

Banjo, I forgive you for calling me stupid.

You and Cantor are now engaging in ad hominem attacks instead of real counter arguments(not that there are any).
02-10-2015, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 12:07 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: [split] Another school shooting...
<edited, with apologies to staff for replying before having read your warning>
02-10-2015, 12:03 PM
(02-10-2015 11:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Heywood is unable to understand the exasperation the rest of the civilised world has toward Americans and their ridiculous attitude toward guns in the wake of mass shooting after mass shooting after.......

He has also grabbed one thing he thinks he can use against us without understanding the context. You see HOC, Heywood is really stupid and desperate.

Banjo, I forgive you for calling me stupid.

You and Cantor are now engaging in ad hominem attacks instead of real counter arguments(not that there are any).

It's not an ad hominem 'cause you have no fucking argument. We're just calling a douchebag a douchebag.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:09 PM
America has an unhealthy obsession with them. I still don't see the point of owning any gun past a pistol. Who needs an assault rifle, hell even a shotgun at home? Are guns to blame for this. Yeah, but there are more factors to it than just guns.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-10-2015, 12:16 PM
(02-10-2015 12:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Banjo, I forgive you for calling me stupid.

It's not an ad hominem 'cause you have no fucking argument. We're just calling a douchebag a douchebag.

I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. I am arguing the collective forum is remiss in their duty to call out one of its own for advocating genocide. What is your counter argument? You have none so you attack me.

Shame on you.
02-10-2015, 12:20 PM
(02-10-2015 12:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  America has an unhealthy obsession with them. I still don't see the point of owning any gun past a pistol. Who needs an assault rifle, hell even a shotgun at home? Are guns to blame for this. Yeah, but there are more factors to it than just guns.

You have a prepper sub culture in america that buys guns and ammo for the expressed purpose of killing people should they find themselves in a situation where they think they need to do that. The situation they are preparing themselves for, you would want to have an assault rifle.

Now I am not defending preppers. I am merely pointing out that many people percieve a need to own them.