[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 12:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  <edited, with apologies to staff for replying before having read your warning>

The warnings were carried over and no longer apply. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 12:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's not an ad hominem 'cause you have no fucking argument. We're just calling a douchebag a douchebag.

I am arguing the collective forum is remiss in their duty to call out one of its own for advocating genocide.

Muffs ain't advocating genocide - you fucking douchebag - and it ain't our responsibility to do his typing for him - you fucking douchebag. Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:30 PM
(02-10-2015 12:20 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  America has an unhealthy obsession with them. I still don't see the point of owning any gun past a pistol. Who needs an assault rifle, hell even a shotgun at home? Are guns to blame for this. Yeah, but there are more factors to it than just guns.

You have a prepper sub culture in america that buys guns and ammo for the expressed purpose of killing people should they find themselves in a situation where they think they need to do that. The situation they are preparing themselves for, you would want to have an assault rifle.

Now I am not defending preppers. I am merely pointing out that many people percieve a need to own them.

want =/= need.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 12:30 PM
(02-10-2015 12:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I am arguing the collective forum is remiss in their duty to call out one of its own for advocating genocide.

Muffs ain't advocating genocide - you fucking douchebag - and it ain't our responsibility to do his typing for him - you fucking douchebag. Laugh out load

I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. Muffs said we should bomb the muslims into pulversized dust. That is a genocidal statement.

However it looks like the clown who did this shooting was an atheist or at least shared a disdain for organized religions like many atheists. If someone got on here and said, "Lets bomb all the atheists into pulverized dust" you guys would roast them. But when one of your own behaves badly....you turn away and pretend it didn't happen. Your a bunch of hypocrites and having nothing else you attack the one person pointing out your hypocrisy. This forum should be called, TheUnthinkingAdhomenimSlingingHypocrites......cause that is how all of you behave.
02-10-2015, 12:35 PM
(02-10-2015 12:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Muffs ain't advocating genocide - you fucking douchebag - and it ain't our responsibility to do his typing for him - you fucking douchebag. Laugh out load

I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. Muffs said we should bomb the muslims into pulversized dust. That is a genocidal statement.

Context, douchebag - it's Muffs. He ain't advocating killing nobody, he's expressing his feeling of hopelessness in virulent terms as a coping mechanism. We know that because we know Muffs. Douchebag. Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting. inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 12:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  America has an unhealthy obsession with them. I still don't see the point of owning any gun past a pistol. Who needs an assault rifle, hell even a shotgun at home? Are guns to blame for this. Yeah, but there are more factors to it than just guns.

Bolding mine...

Given the context of this conversation and what we know about gun homicides I'd be interested how you justify this line of reasoning. According to the linked FBI records there were 44,077 gun related homicides from the beginning of 2009 through the end of 2013 in the US. 31,053 (70.45%) of those homicides were committed with handguns. 3,402 (7.72%) were committed with rifles and shotguns. Based on those numbers the part of the problem we ought to be concentrating on is handguns not long guns.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
02-10-2015, 12:37 PM
(02-10-2015 12:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:20 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You have a prepper sub culture in america that buys guns and ammo for the expressed purpose of killing people should they find themselves in a situation where they think they need to do that. The situation they are preparing themselves for, you would want to have an assault rifle.

Now I am not defending preppers. I am merely pointing out that many people percieve a need to own them.

want =/= need.

Yeah but just because you say they really want it isn't a compelling argument that they don't need it.

One persons "want" is another persons "need".
02-10-2015, 12:38 PM
(02-10-2015 12:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. Muffs said we should bomb the muslims into pulversized dust. That is a genocidal statement.

Context, douchebag - it's Muffs. He ain't advocating killing nobody, he's expressing his feeling of hopelessness in virulent terms as a coping mechanism. We know that because we know Muffs. Douchebag. Laugh out load

I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. You are making excuses instead of condemning despicable behavior.
02-10-2015, 12:39 PM
(02-10-2015 12:21 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:02 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  <edited, with apologies to staff for replying before having read your warning>

The warnings were carried over and no longer apply. Wink

In that event, for those who argue that defensive uses are negligible, look at the ninth line:

[Image: 2r6iq2t.jpg]
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/tolls/2014
02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
(02-10-2015 12:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Context, douchebag - it's Muffs. He ain't advocating killing nobody, he's expressing his feeling of hopelessness in virulent terms as a coping mechanism. We know that because we know Muffs. Douchebag. Laugh out load

I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. You are making excuses instead of condemning despicable behavior.

I condemn you regularly. Douchebag. Laugh out load

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post