[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 12:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Context, douchebag - it's Muffs. He ain't advocating killing nobody, he's expressing his feeling of hopelessness in virulent terms as a coping mechanism. We know that because we know Muffs. Douchebag. Laugh out load

I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. You are making excuses instead of condemning despicable behavior.

He has been condemning despicable behavior, yours.

Why do you relate your actions to only how they are applying to your current view? You far too often view subjects in 1 manner of vision all the time. it's disheartening if you aren't intentionally trolling if that's how your mind works.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-10-2015, 12:44 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 12:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a douchebag. You are making excuses instead of condemning despicable behavior.

He has been condemning despicable behavior, yours.

Why do you relate your actions to only how they are applying to your current view? You far too often view subjects in 1 manner of vision all the time. it's disheartening if you aren't intentionally trolling if that's how your mind works.

He's trolling. We've had conversations in the past where there was actual discussion, but he obviously got bored with all that and is now in it for the lols.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:57 PM
(02-10-2015 12:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He has been condemning despicable behavior, yours.

He's trolling. We've had conversations in the past where there was actual discussion, but he obviously got bored with all that and is now in it for the lols.

Criticizing group behavior is not trolling. If it is then Bucky is trolling every time he calls on the catholic church to do more to prosecute priests that have molested children.

It is only trolling to you because you are the group at which the criticism is targeted. Since you have no way to justify your behavior, you instead fall back on the only weapon you have. Attack the person making the criticism. Call him a troll and hope he goes away or that unthinking sympathizers find something they can hold unto to justify their warped world view.
02-10-2015, 12:59 PM
(02-10-2015 12:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:44 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He's trolling. We've had conversations in the past where there was actual discussion, but he obviously got bored with all that and is now in it for the lols.

Criticizing group behavior is not trolling. If it is then Bucky is trolling every time he calls on the catholic church to do more to prosecute priests that have molested children.

It is only trolling to you because you are the group at which the criticism is targeted. Since you have no way to justify your behavior, you instead fall back on the only weapon you have. Attack the person making the criticism. Call him a troll and hope he goes away or that unthinking sympathizers find something they can hold unto to justify their warped world view.

Your manner of behavior is trolling. It's not only the content, it's how you approach the conversation and point.

Are you this dumb.. not actually trolling. Do you not get it still?

I don't get how this is so fucking hard for so many trollish people here. They constantly moan and moan you just dont' like my ideas. No guys, it's the manner at which you are conducting yourself and saying things. And saying. I forgive you, at the end of points isn't being not-trollish. If you honestly to the great reaches in your brain think that is being socially accepting and openly rewarding yourself. Some consoling would help you a great deal in expressing any serious ideas you have in ways to actually get people to listen to you.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-10-2015, 01:46 PM
So the sheriff in Oregon where the latest shooting took place, wrote a letter to the vp saying he uphold any new gun control laws after the Newtowin thing?

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/10/...ol-newtown

I wonder if he's changed his mind now?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking you meant "wouldn't uphold" and my guess is "nope."

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 02:08 PM
(02-10-2015 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So the sheriff in Oregon where the latest shooting took place, wrote a letter to the vp saying he uphold any new gun control laws after the Newtowin thing?

When speaking about this to my mom yesterday. She said Oregon is full of gun-lovers and maybe, just maybe, something like this could actually prompt some change.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-10-2015, 02:09 PM
(02-10-2015 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So the sheriff in Oregon where the latest shooting took place, wrote a letter to the vp saying he uphold any new gun control laws after the Newtowin thing?

Doubt it.

The shooter was 26 and had no criminal record. He could have, and probably did, buy all of his guns at a gun store, 100% legal and with a background check.

No law on the books, nor any proposed law, other than an outright ban on all guns could stop things like this.
02-10-2015, 02:10 PM
(02-10-2015 02:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm thinking you meant "wouldn't uphold" and my guess is "nope."

Yeah that happens when I use my thumbs to communist.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Jim Wright has a good article about this.

http://www.stonekettle.com/2012/07/the-s...e.html?m=0

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post