[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 04:32 PM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root ...
(02-10-2015 04:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  My problem remains that my post acts as a catalyst (incorrectly) to be the defining moment to split the thread.

Since warnings came before your post, you sure are giving what you said a lot of weight. Your post isn't the reason the thread was split, it was coming to that anyway.

Gun related thread - inevitable gun debate - already know who is on which side of the argument.

As with Heywood...this whole thing isn't about you. Move on. Cripes.

It was the catalyst unfortunately. Whether it was inevitable or not isn't the question. The reality is that KC bitched and moaned playing his narcissistic role of "holier than art thou arbiter of all things relevant to the thread" like a spoiled little brat and got his way to have it split then.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 04:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Banjo, I forgive you for calling me stupid.

You and Cantor are now engaging in ad hominem attacks instead of real counter arguments(not that there are any).

How many forgives do you have to give to win whatever prize you are going for?

You get nothing.

That is just my way of publicly calling people out for their bad behavior. Its not like I could neg rep them. This forum discriminates against dissenters....so I got to use what I got.
02-10-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ban weapons with large magazines, ban automatic weapons? I know that hunters like them but...

I don't think serious hunters use them at all. They'd be embarrassed to. must resist ... Deer Hunter... one shot ... must resist ... aaargh.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-10-2015, 04:39 PM
(02-10-2015 04:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 04:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Since warnings came before your post, you sure are giving what you said a lot of weight. Your post isn't the reason the thread was split, it was coming to that anyway.

Gun related thread - inevitable gun debate - already know who is on which side of the argument.

As with Heywood...this whole thing isn't about you. Move on. Cripes.

It was the catalyst unfortunately. Whether it was inevitable or not isn't the question. The reality is that KC bitched and moaned playing his narcissistic role of "holier than art thou arbiter of all things relevant to the thread" like a spoiled little brat and got his way to have it split then.

Yes, those of us who have been around for any length of time know that you don't like KC. Move on.

The thread contained warnings not to be made about gun control early on.

Neither you or KC are the reason the thread was split. FFS, what is wrong with you? Many people brought up gun control...either because they didn't see the warnings or they didn't care about the warnings.

Stop blaming shit on KC and stop thinking that you, or he, are so powerful that the admins had no choice but to bend to your will, or his.

Good lord, get a Does Not Play Well With Others shirt or something....then have someone strike through Others and put KC.

Are you six? Sure sound like it.

Make your own gun thread and rant away...the like-minded can join you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-10-2015, 04:39 PM
(02-10-2015 02:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  An individual with a repeating shotgun - pump or autoloader - who knows how to use it.

Loaded with buckshot - at close range (which any of these shootings is ) would be far more deadly and more devestating --

Buckshot at close range will tear a man in two.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-10-2015, 04:44 PM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root ...
(02-10-2015 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 04:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It was the catalyst unfortunately. Whether it was inevitable or not isn't the question. The reality is that KC bitched and moaned playing his narcissistic role of "holier than art thou arbiter of all things relevant to the thread" like a spoiled little brat and got his way to have it split then.

Yes, those of us who have been around for any length of time know that you don't like KC. Move on.

The thread contained warnings not to be made about gun control early on.

Neither you or KC are the reason the thread was split. FFS, what is wrong with you? Many people brought up gun control...either because they didn't see the warnings or they didn't care about the warnings.

Stop blaming shit on KC and stop thinking that you, or he, are so powerful that the admins had no choice but to bend to your will, or his.

Good lord, get a Does Not Play Well With Others shirt or something....then have someone strike through Others and put KC.

Are you six? Sure sound like it.

Make your own gun thread and rant away...the like-minded can join you.

I'm not your child, don't try and play the "I know better than you so play nice" bullshit.

I explained to you the circumstances surrounding the timing of the split. Once again, whether that split was inevitable or not, is fucking irrelevant. But what isn't a coincidence is the timing of my post that KC didn't like because he didn't correctly interpret it, because he dislikes me, and the split of the thread.

KC bitches like a spoiled brat, and gets his ass kissed. What a surprise on the forum. Dodgy

I don't like double standards. If you want to play the "holier than art thou" trope too and tell me what to do, then I'll tell you the same thing I'd tell KC. Shove it.

-Rick
02-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Go back and read what DLJ and moms wrote about the time it takes to split a thread.

You are butthurt over nothing.

Are you going to have another fit and storm off? That was fun the last time your group did that.

Ohhhh....shove it....I'm wounded.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-10-2015, 04:53 PM
(02-10-2015 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  An individual with a repeating shotgun - pump or autoloader - who knows how to use it.

Loaded with buckshot - at close range (which any of these shootings is ) would be far more deadly and more devestating --

Buckshot at close range will tear a man in two.

A good friend of mine has a sister who can attest to that.

Her ex was threatening her in the front yard with a gun - and she had a shotgun in her hands.... She held her ground - and her trigger finger. Then her daughter came home, and the her ex turned his gun on the daughter....

Bad move.

Two shots from a 20 gauge with buck - nearly blew his spine in half...

No charges. Totally justified.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-10-2015, 04:54 PM
(02-10-2015 04:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Go back and read what DLJ and moms wrote about the time it takes to split a thread.

You are butthurt over nothing.

Are you going to have another fit and storm off? That was fun the last time your group did that.

Ohhhh....shove it....I'm wounded.

Yeah, I've discussed this with DLJ and moms.

I'm not aiming to wound, I'm being very blunt. I don't like double standards and I'm not going to go out of my way to hold them. If you want to stick your nose into something like this with your "holier than art thou" opinion then I'll say the things to you I would say to anyone else.

As for "storming off," I was perfectly content with leaving it be. But you apparently wanted to put your two fucking cents in under the delusion I'd give a shit about your opinion on it or that it was warranted or wanted. If you don't want to be criticized, don't speak. Pretty simple Drinking Beverage

-Rick
02-10-2015, 04:56 PM
(02-10-2015 04:54 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Yeah, I've discussed this with DLJ and moms.

I'm not aiming to wound, I'm being very blunt. I don't like double standards and I'm not going to go out of my way to hold them. If you want to stick your nose into something like this with your "holier than art thou" opinion then I'll say the things to you I would say to anyone else.

As for "storming off," I was perfectly content with leaving it be. But you apparently wanted to put your two fucking cents in under the delusion I'd give a shit about your opinion on it or that it was warranted or wanted. If you don't want to be criticized, don't speak. Pretty simple Drinking Beverage

Damn right.

As with you, I can comment where and when I please. I didn't bring up guns in the other thread though because I was able to read and understand the warning. Girl_nails