[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
"But it's my right to own guns!"

Go to church you dumb fuck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-10-2015, 05:16 PM
(01-10-2015 05:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 04:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
You are only here to cause trouble and upset others. You have no good in your intent, and you know it.

Yet another atheist who thinks he can magically read the mind and hearts of others.
01-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(01-10-2015 05:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  You are only here to cause trouble and upset others. You have no good in your intent, and you know it.

Yet another atheist who thinks he can magically read the mind and hearts of others.

That you are nothing but a troll is well known. We do not ned to read your mind. Just observe your actions.

[Image: troll.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
01-10-2015, 05:30 PM
(01-10-2015 05:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:16 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yet another atheist who thinks he can magically read the mind and hearts of others.

That you are nothing but a troll is well known. We do not ned to read your mind. Just observe your actions.

You guys should really be ashamed. Here you are all critical of me for calling out one of your own for advocating genocide. I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that I am the only one being critical of Muffs here. You can call me a troll, but you guys are a sorry sick lot.

Muffs, you should apologize and disown those comments. The rest of you should hang your heads in shame for at least tacitly endorsing behavior which is outrageously despicable.
01-10-2015, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 05:45 PM by Banjo.)
(01-10-2015 05:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That you are nothing but a troll is well known. We do not ned to read your mind. Just observe your actions.

You guys should really be ashamed. Here you are all critical of me for calling out one of your own for advocating genocide. I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that I am the only one being critical of Muffs here. You can call me a troll, but you guys are a sorry sick lot.

Muffs, you should apologize and disown those comments. The rest of you should hang your heads in shame for at least tacitly endorsing behavior which is outrageously despicable.

It is the SUM of all your parts Heywood. I have known you as a troll long before this thread.

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
01-10-2015, 05:40 PM
(01-10-2015 05:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You guys should really be ashamed. Here you are all critical of me for calling out one of your own for advocating genocide. I am shocked, stunned, and amazed that I am the only one being critical of Muffs here. You can call me a troll, but you guys are a sorry sick lot.

It is the SUM of all your parts Heywood. I have know you as a troll long before this thread.

I rather be toll rather than tacitly approve of genocide. Seriously, this forum's refusal to police its own is sickening. I think I am justified here is saying you guys suck.
01-10-2015, 05:50 PM
I can't get too upset about anything anyone says. There is no topic in the USA right now that is more frustrating and more emotional than these mass shootings. There is, seemingly, nothing we can do about them either. Some people say, "ban guns" but that is simply not possible. SCOTUS has said gun ownership is a protected constitutional right and it is an individual right. They are not going to change their minds. Probably the dumbest case ever decided by the Supreme Court is a collection of cases decided in 1873 called the "Slaughter House" cases and damned near every lawyer in America has been trying to get it overturned since 1873 but it is not going to happen. SCOTUS is not going to overturn Roe vs Wade no matter how much the Christians pray for it. It isn't going to happen. Heller and McDonald [gun rights] may as well be engraved in granite because they are here to stay. [I, personally, want to see religious freedom ripped out of the constitution but I'm not holding my breath.] If you want to end these mass shootings, and we all do, you are wasting your energy hoping for more gun control. The fact is, it is already illegal to sell guns to known crazy people, we have universal background checks in most jurisdictions, and there isn't a hell of a lot more you can do on the gun regulation side.

To stop these shootings, you have to get practical and look for real solutions that can pass constitutional muster. I don't know what they are but I don't profess to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, it does get irritating when people keep chirping about solutions they should know cannot be had in this country.

By the way, this is an emotional subject in our house. Several of the teachers who survived Columbine are close friends of my wife's. My wife hates gun but she tolerates my love for them. However, even she has come to the conclusion that there is nothing more than can be done with gun regulation in this country. We are going to have to solve our problem the old fashioned way -- find out the real fucking cause of the shootings and fix those. However, I know this is an emotional subject and there is little place in it for logical analysis. I encourage you to go back to screaming about we gun nuts, at least for a while. Pretty soon though, somebody will have to come up with a workable solution for all the mentally ill folks who would commit mass murder with farts in pressure cooker bombs if they thought it would work.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
(01-10-2015 05:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It is the SUM of all your parts Heywood. I have know you as a troll long before this thread.

I rather be toll rather than tacitly approve of genocide. Seriously, this forum's refusal to police its own is sickening. I think I am justified here is saying you guys suck.

How have I approved of genocide? Go ahead, show me.

You fit the mold perfectly.

14 Characteristics of a Classic Internet Troll

What exactly is an internet troll? How can you spot one with any degree of certainty? Aren't they just people who express a contrary opinion? Who are you to call anyone a "troll"?

To answer such questions, and to help you detect the presence of that peculiar species of creature called the internet troll, no matter where they may be slithering, here's a list of Key Troll Attributes commonly found in the wild. When you see someone engaged in any, or a combination of, these behaviors, they are almost certainly the entity known as the troll.

(1) Posts inflammatory comments, not to engage in serious conversation, but to "grief" or annoy an online community.

(2) An obvious glee and elated satisfaction is aroused in them when people join the fight and reply to their deliberately disruptive comments.

(3) Copies and pastes large blocks of text to exhaust the readers of a topic thread, thus driving away legitimate posters of sincere comments. These blocks of text are often recycled and appeared on a variety of threads.

(4) Tends to avoid complimenting people who disagree with them, even when those in opposition to the troll make some valid points.

(5) Shuns any conciliatory statements like "You have obviously spent a lot of time studying this subject, and I'm not certain how to reply to your last remark, so let's shake hands, part as friends, and move on."

(6) Never ends a debate with "Thanks for the discussion" or "I'll consider what you say" or any other finalizing remark, because they love arguing and disrupting civilized conversations.

(7) Keeps an argument going a lot longer than a normal person would, to the point where people will start asking a moderator to turn off comments or block the troll. However, sometimes people will do this just because they can't tolerate contrary opinions and are angry at seeing them posted to a thread they enjoyed reading. The mark of a troll is to keep hammering away at a point in an obsessive manner.

(8) Acts innocent when called a troll, and states "I'm just stating a contrary opinion, and you can't handle it", but the reality is they are not innocent, they are trouble-makers who only post inflammatory remarks, rarely contributing any real value or good information to a discussion.

(9) Starts saying filthy words and making wild accusations when confronted. Their hostility and provoking rhetoric escalates when you ask them if they might be a troll or if they are simply trying to stir up trouble.

(10) When you mention the name of another well-known forum, Second Life, or blogospheric troll, they defend them and accuse you of not understanding that person because you're a tyrannical censoring fascist or whatever.

(11) Will try to bring up issues that they are angry about, no matter what the topic of a thread is. For example, they will say things like "sounds like the Open Source movement" or "reminds me of Tea Baggers" or "you're sounding like a typical commie libtard now" or "you sound like some irrational Creationism crank" or "you atheists are all the same", or whatever it is they're hostile toward, in an attempt to start a new argument within the current debate.

(12) When people realize or are warned that the person is a troll, and the troll is then ignored, and nobody will respond to anything they say, the trolling person tends to give up and go to some other thread. They crave attention and they try to get it by being obnoxious in a juvenile, or scholarly, manner.

(13) They use a nickname, are anonymous, or use a real sounding name, but do not embed a link to their blog or website in their name, as is common in comment forms. This lack of accountability enables them to get away with saying anything they want, to anybody, and even tell outright lies about what they saw or heard.

(14) They, when not confronted or exposed sufficiently, will seek to have the last word in an online discussion. When nobody responds to their last troll comment, they will proudly proclaim that they "won" what they fantasize as a "content" or "battle".

Blogocombat means friendly online discussions, as well as heated debates. I use the term "blogocombat" to refer to both. But where the rubber meets the road is when you have to deal with the internet troll.

There are no winners or losers in a civilized discussion. There are just people who express their thoughts and people who learn a bit more about a subject and improve their presentation of ideas by engaging in conversations with worthy opponents.

"Trolling" has nothing to do with sincere expression of contrary opinions or stubborn dedication to an idea. Trolling is all in how the comments are phrased and how the comment poster behaves, especially when confronted.

You know it's an immature attention-getting scheme when they respond quickly to every single comment posted in response to theirs, and their rhetoric tends to escalate in intense hatred, absurd rambling, and malicious provocation.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
Heywood you have more in common with Muffs than you want to admit. You are known to say some pretty hateful things...you actually say some pretty funny things....you also say some insightful things...those of us who read through your stuff can see that. Not all that much unlike Muffs.

Now, how about back to the topic at hand. This isn't about you or Muffs.

Get off your high horse...you look and sound stupid up there.

I don't care if you forgive me for comparing you to Muffs. Don't add that to your tally.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Number 8 is classic Heywood. Big Grin

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post