[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 06:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A fault of the ignore feature is when someone quotes Girlyman as you have done here...I see it. I also see it if I am browsing the forum when I am not logged on.

You could always stop looking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 06:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 06:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Why isn't he on your 'list'?

Only the biggest douchebags make Heywood's list.

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.
02-10-2015, 09:37 PM
(02-10-2015 06:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Fair point. Still don't see people owning shotguns and non-hunting rifles at home.

A shotgun is a great home-defense weapon -- short range, low penetrating power, deadly inside its range, almost useless outside it. And if you happen to run out of ammo before the problem is solved (unlikely with a shotgun), you can turn it around and beat the fuck out of the problem.
02-10-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevi
(02-10-2015 06:29 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 06:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Heywood is kissing KC's ass? Ohmy

Like Bearded Dude, I'm not fond of KC either.

At least you can admit fault.

I've never been a fan of yours either, but you aren't nearly as delusional as TBD about his own self... And you actually have some redeeming qualities such as your humor.

Over time, I've actually enjoyed and appreciated your lollerscapads more and more.

To be honest, there are only 2 people on this forum I would but in the category of "I don't like". Used to be 3, but one admitted his unfounded assholiness towards me, and admitted his fault. He apologized to me.

At least I've given you reason to not like me by publically criticizing you and being a smartass to you in replies and posts. TBD based his angst on the fact that I was a theist and an admin, and he thought because of that I wasn't qualified to admin the forum, which everyone (except one; later two others), including Seth (not directly) told him in no particular way to "fuck off". Which he did. He took his ball and went home - leaving the forum and returning the day after I resigned as admin. Which is hilarious in its own right.

In short, Heywood, you ain't that bad.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-10-2015, 09:43 PM
(02-10-2015 09:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Consider What does that even mean?

You are one of my least favorite fans... Historically... And have been from pretty much inception.

Sorry, but what does "one of my least favorite fans" mean?

Quote:But, I'm pretty sure that you'll vouch that I have never, in the least, ever demonstrates any behavior or said anything to even imply that I thought or acted like I was infallible... Maybe even "holier than thou" (which I believe I've never acted like).

Yes.

Quote:TBD's accusations of me are unfound and are delusional as your opinion of my theism.

My opinion of your theism is hardly delusional.
My opinion is, and always was, that your theism is delusion. You agree it is not based on objective evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 09:52 PM by Ted Tucker.)
Pew Reaserch Center:

Most Americans Support sensible restrictions, the NRA has got our cowardly politicians by their short and curlies! Time to use the power of our vote on this issue.

85% Americans support background checks

79% Americans support mental health restrictions

70% Americans support federal tracking database

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
02-10-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate specula
(02-10-2015 04:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It was the catalyst unfortunately. Whether it was inevitable or not isn't the question. The reality is that KC bitched and moaned playing his narcissistic role of "holier than art thou arbiter of all things relevant to the thread" like a spoiled little brat and got his way to have it split then.

No, I can actually read and comprehend simple assertions by the authority of this forum, and I understand the rules apply to me and everyone else.

I would have told anyone, as displayed in previous, similar threads, the exact same thing as I told you; nice try on trying to play the victim.

Also, the whole "misinterpreting what I was trying to post" thing is baffling. It's insulting to everyone that reads it to imply that you were saying and/or implying anything other than your opinion on gun control and that they're misinterpreting it.

02-10-2015, 10:06 PM
(02-10-2015 09:48 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  Pew Reaserch Center:

Most Americans Support sensible restrictions, the NRA has got our cowardly politicians by their short and curlies! Time to use the power of our vote on this issue.

85% Americans support background checks

79% Americans support mental health restrictions

70% Americans support federal tracking database

Tracking what? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun deba
(02-10-2015 09:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry, but what does "one of my least favorite fans" mean?

You have not/do not like my forum persona, and you have not/do not think/thought I was a good admin or agreed with the way I administered the forum.

Quote:My opinion of your theism is hardly delusional.
My opinion is, and always was, that your theism is delusion. You agree it is not based on objective evidence.

That's what I'm saying. It was a simile to compare your beliefs of my theism to his accusations of me.

02-10-2015, 10:08 PM
(02-10-2015 09:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In short, Heywood, you ain't that bad.

You're a pretty good guy, KC, but if you think Heywood is not a dipshit, you're misguided.

/.02
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post