[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 04:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  ...
But what isn't a coincidence is the timing of my post that KC didn't like because he didn't correctly interpret it, because he dislikes me, and the split of the thread.

Good to see that peeps are kissing and making friends again so I'm not writing this to stir things up ... more for your peace of mind:

It was a coincidence.

The first time I read KC's (and other's) responses to you was when I was scrolling down selecting which posts to split.

Those posts came in while Moms and I were PMing over who was going to do the split (she finds it difficult on her phone (which hates her) whereas I have my laptop).

So, you were kinda right when you mentioned catalyst... although "trigger" (ironically) would have been a better word. Your post was the trigger, but of course, you (as a person) were not.
"Catalyst" I think, applies better to what Heywood was writing.

Moms and I had already discussed what action to take ... it just happened to be your post that set the ball rolling. So ... nothing personal ... just chronology and stuff.

I hope that clears things up.

Smile

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun d
(02-10-2015 10:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In short, Heywood, you ain't that bad.

You're a pretty good guy, KC, but if you think Heywood is not a dipshit, you're misguided.

/.02

No I think he is (sorry Heywood), but I also find some pretty good intentional humor in his posts; moreover, he provides life to the forum and conversations instead of continued circle jerking like SD or other similar forums.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-10-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 10:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry, but what does "one of my least favorite fans" mean?

You have not/do not like my forum persona,

Where do you get that? From 3+ years ago?

Quote:and you have not/do not think/thought I was a good admin or agreed with the way I administered the forum.

I disagreed with some of what you did or did not do; so?
Do you not remember the several phone conversations we had? Consider

Quote:
Quote:My opinion of your theism is hardly delusional.
My opinion is, and always was, that your theism is delusion. You agree it is not based on objective evidence.
That's what I'm saying. It was a simile to compare your beliefs of my theism to his accusations of me.

They are not comparable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 10:20 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 10:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You're a pretty good guy, KC, but if you think Heywood is not a dipshit, you're misguided.

/.02

No I think he is (sorry Heywood), but I also find some pretty good intentional humor in his posts; moreover, he provides life to the forum and conversations instead of continued circle jerking like SD or other similar forums.

There are many interesting conversations that don't require the participation of dipshits like BlowJob.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of
(02-10-2015 10:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where do you get that? From 3+ years ago?

It's my interpretation of our many interactions over the years.

Quote:I disagreed with some of what you did or did not do; so?
Do you not remember the several phone conversations we had? Consider

Of course I do. My interpretations were that you liked me as a person but got annoyed with my forum persona. You had no personal beef with me because we actually have a lot in common.

You were also more vocal on when you did not agree with me (which focused around one subject, admittedly); however, you were silent if you did agree (which to this day I'm unsure of your opinions outside that one subject) with my admin decisions. So, based on the evidence I was presented, I came to the conclusion I did.

Quote:They are not comparable.

How so? I'm saying to the degree of your opinion of my delusion in theism is like his degree of delusion of his accusations of me.

02-10-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation
DLJ, sorry... probably going to have to split this split... Haha. I'm derailing it pretty badly.

02-10-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate specula
(02-10-2015 10:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No I think he is (sorry Heywood), but I also find some pretty good intentional humor in his posts; moreover, he provides life to the forum and conversations instead of continued circle jerking like SD or other similar forums.

There are many interesting conversations that don't require the participation of dipshits like BlowJob.

Just like the SD dipshittiness spurred interesting and entertaining posts, so does BJ. So, I'm going to have to disagree.

If this forum was filled with atheist and theists like my brother and me and was void of the likes of BJ, pops, or Alla, it would become fairly boring and uninteresting.

They have their merit.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-10-2015, 10:46 PM
(02-10-2015 10:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  DLJ, sorry... probably going to have to split this split... Haha. I'm derailing it pretty badly.

Which raise a metaphysical question... can one derail a derail without re-railing it first?

Nah mate, there's already so many tangents in this thread, one more won't make any difference.

Wink

02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculati
(02-10-2015 10:46 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  DLJ, sorry... probably going to have to split this split... Haha. I'm derailing it pretty badly.

Which raise a metaphysical question... can one derail a derail without re-railing it first?

Nah mate, there's already so many tangents in this thread, one more won't make any difference.

Wink
Then train wreck, ho.

Edit: Also, while I have your attention, think you could shorten the title? Having to delete part of it every time we post is pretty annoying.

02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 09:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 06:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Fair point. Still don't see people owning shotguns and non-hunting rifles at home.

A shotgun is a great home-defense weapon -- short range, low penetrating power, deadly inside its range, almost useless outside it. And if you happen to run out of ammo before the problem is solved (unlikely with a shotgun), you can turn it around and beat the fuck out of the problem.

Depending on what kind of loads you are talking about a shotgun might penetrate more than you think. 00 buckshot used to be the gold standard for a self defense shotgun. Even low recoil 00 buck will easily penetrate 8 sheets. I say used to be the gold standard because these days many think Federal LE132-1B which is a low recoil #1 buckshot load penetrates even better than 00. Some swear by birdshot as a self defense shotgun load. Box O' Truth says it won't over penetrate. It also says It doesn't penetrate enough to be an effective fight stopper.

The bottom line is that if you don't live by yourself in the middle of nowhere your neighbors might be better off if you were using a 9mm loaded with Glazer Blues. Might be...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post