[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(02-10-2015 11:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:01 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I assume he is talking about a firearms registry that would include the name and address of the owner of every legally held gun in the country.

I'm surprised you guys don't have such a database already? Is there any reason not to?

Americans have a long history of keeping things close to the vest.

We LIKE our privacy.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-10-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(03-10-2015 05:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...

We LIKE our privacy.

That's not what it says on the cover!

You're all supposed to be into sharing and openness and other such cutesy stuff.

Or is that just Hollywood making things up again?

Ohmy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2015, 07:11 AM
(02-10-2015 11:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:01 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I assume he is talking about a firearms registry that would include the name and address of the owner of every legally held gun in the country.

I'm surprised you guys don't have such a database already? Is there any reason not to?

The fact is it is explicitly illegal for the federal government to keep such a database. Some states do, but many don't.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
03-10-2015, 07:28 AM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root ...
(02-10-2015 10:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 04:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  ...
But what isn't a coincidence is the timing of my post that KC didn't like because he didn't correctly interpret it, because he dislikes me, and the split of the thread.

Good to see that peeps are kissing and making friends again so I'm not writing this to stir things up ... more for your peace of mind:

It was a coincidence.

The first time I read KC's (and other's) responses to you was when I was scrolling down selecting which posts to split.

Those posts came in while Moms and I were PMing over who was going to do the split (she finds it difficult on her phone (which hates her) whereas I have my laptop).

So, you were kinda right when you mentioned catalyst... although "trigger" (ironically) would have been a better word. Your post was the trigger, but of course, you (as a person) were not.
"Catalyst" I think, applies better to what Heywood was writing.

Moms and I had already discussed what action to take ... it just happened to be your post that set the ball rolling. So ... nothing personal ... just chronology and stuff.

I hope that clears things up.

Smile

As I said, my POST acted as the catalyst/trigger but my post was NOT about "guns" as had been proposed by tweedle dee. If my post was the trigger, then it wasn't coincidence for it to be split off at that point. Once again, whether the split was inevitable or not, is irrelevant as what I posted was congruent with the original thread's primary point and section. But KC complains and it miraculously splits under the assumption KC (the almighty delusional fuckwit) was correct.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
03-10-2015, 07:36 AM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root ...
(02-10-2015 10:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Where do you get that? From 3+ years ago?

It's my interpretation of our many interactions over the years.

Quote:I disagreed with some of what you did or did not do; so?
Do you not remember the several phone conversations we had? Consider

Of course I do. My interpretations were that you liked me as a person but got annoyed with my forum persona. You had no personal beef with me because we actually have a lot in common.

You were also more vocal on when you did not agree with me (which focused around one subject, admittedly); however, you were silent if you did agree (which to this day I'm unsure of your opinions outside that one subject) with my admin decisions. So, based on the evidence I was presented, I came to the conclusion I did.

Quote:They are not comparable.

How so? I'm saying to the degree of your opinion of my delusion in theism is like his degree of delusion of his accusations of me.

I don't like you because I think you're a dishonest and delusional twit. Your ineptitude as an admin was an aside based on the hypocrisy of a theist administering a site for atheists as well as your penitence for taking any modicum of power and authority and believing you're the almighty King.

You're like Tomasia. You're not here because you actually want discussion. You're either here because, be it passive or active, you want to preach your version of delusion, or because your version of delusion is too mad even for the other twits in your church. Or both Consider

-Rick
03-10-2015, 07:49 AM
(03-10-2015 07:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  ...
it miraculously splits

You believe in miracles now?

Ohmy

Wink

03-10-2015, 07:52 AM
(03-10-2015 07:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 07:28 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  ...
it miraculously splits

You believe in miracles now?

Ohmy

Wink

I believe not all things apparently coincidental, are.

Wink

It's a miracle I'm not a bigger raging asshole than I am Consider so maybe a I do?

-Rick
03-10-2015, 07:55 AM
(03-10-2015 12:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Damn DLJ gets all the PERKS

Well, I don't like "dirty lying jew." Angry

degenerate leprous jerkwad, however... Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-10-2015, 08:01 AM
(03-10-2015 07:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...

We LIKE our privacy.

That's not what it says on the cover!

You're all supposed to be into sharing and openness and other such cutesy stuff.

Or is that just Hollywood making things up again?

Ohmy
I guess it depends on the subject....

Our guns we keep hidden -- but at least some of us (not naming names) can't seem to walk about without our wedding tackle hanging out....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-10-2015, 08:23 AM
(03-10-2015 05:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 11:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm surprised you guys don't have such a database already? Is there any reason not to?

We LIKE our privacy.

That's it? Look, someone listening in on your every phone call is a reality... and yet keeping a registry of gun owners and tracing gun ownership as with vehicle ownership is a big no-no? What the fuck?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post