[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(03-10-2015 04:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Your words led me to a conclusion you found disturbing. Yet, rather than answer questions and clear up my apparent confusion...you get butthurt and angry.

Fuck you for implying I would be okay with kids being shot. And fuck you again for trying to belittle me for being offended at the implication I would be okay with kids being shot.

And have a nice day yourself. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(03-10-2015 04:32 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:24 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Not to mention the fact that in order to be useful in self defense, guns in classrooms would need to be accessible. Meaning that accessible guns would be there in the same location as the kids. That is a recipe for disaster.

So when a police officer goes into a school with his/her gun, is that a recipe for disaster? Should the police officer be forced to leave his/her gun outside the school? Just tryin' to see how deep your crazy goes....Gasp

At what point did I ever imply that the cop should leave the gun outside?

The police officer who is trained to use the gun and has it on his/her persons, is not the same as an accessible gun in a classroom.

Police officers can and should be trained to not only be more competent with a gun, but trained to better understand when and how a gun should be employed. Unless you want cops teaching the classes, the teachers should not have guns.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
03-10-2015, 04:35 PM
(03-10-2015 04:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fuck you for implying I would be okay with kids being shot. And fuck you again for trying to belittle me for being offended at the implication I would be okay with kids being shot.

And have a nice day yourself. Thumbsup

A truly disturbing reply to being an asshole (now I am explicitly calling you an asshole for the things you have explicitly said and the things you have implied)

-Rick
03-10-2015, 04:37 PM
(03-10-2015 04:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And have a nice day yourself. Thumbsup

A truly disturbing reply to being an asshole (now I am explicitly calling you an asshole for the things you have explicitly said and the things you have implied)

Okay...I asked you to explain yourself...what I learned is that you are exactly the kind of person that I don't want to be allowed to have a gun.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-10-2015, 04:38 PM
(03-10-2015 04:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A truly disturbing reply to being an asshole (now I am explicitly calling you an asshole for the things you have explicitly said and the things you have implied)

Okay...I asked you to explain yourself...what I learned is that you are exactly the kind of person that I don't want to be allowed to have a gun.

No, you implied I was okay with kids being shot. There was never a need for explanation because NOTHING I EVER SAID implied I was okay with kids being shot and NOTHING I EVER SAID implied that safety measures shouldn't be employed.

-Rick
03-10-2015, 04:39 PM
(03-10-2015 04:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A truly disturbing reply to being an asshole (now I am explicitly calling you an asshole for the things you have explicitly said and the things you have implied)

Instead of recognizing your fuck-up in straw manning me and implying I was okay with kids being shot, you did what? You belittled me for being offended by your implication I would be okay with kids being shot.

-Rick
03-10-2015, 04:41 PM
This is a funny picture! Shy

[Image: panties-in-a-bunch-3.jpg]

That is all.

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
03-10-2015, 04:42 PM
And you STILL don't seem to understand just how offensive that implication is. Are you okay with the next mass shooting resulting in kids being murdered because you advocated for a short term band-aid to the problem instead of an actual solution?

^I already know the answer to that question, because I know nothing you have said would ever even make me come close to concluding you'd be okay with kids being shot for any reason. I know NOT to ask such shitty questions with such shitty implications based on straw men versions of what you did post.

-Rick
03-10-2015, 04:43 PM
(03-10-2015 04:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  This is a funny picture! Shy

[Image: panties-in-a-bunch-3.jpg]

That is all.

Sometimes one's panties are in a wad for justifiable reasons. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
03-10-2015, 04:44 PM
(03-10-2015 04:34 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 04:32 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  So when a police officer goes into a school with his/her gun, is that a recipe for disaster? Should the police officer be forced to leave his/her gun outside the school? Just tryin' to see how deep your crazy goes....Gasp

At what point did I ever imply that the cop should leave the gun outside?

The police officer who is trained to use the gun and has it on his/her persons, is not the same as an accessible gun in a classroom.

Police officers can and should be trained to not only be more competent with a gun, but trained to better understand when and how a gun should be employed. Unless you want cops teaching the classes, the teachers should not have guns.

I would want a similar program that allows pilots to carry guns. It's optional for them and they have to receive training to participate. IMO teachers should have the option so long as they receive training. They could carry the gun in the same way police officers do. The gun wouldn't have to be "accessible" to everyone. That would be stupid in a classroom full of children.