[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Another school shooting.
(01-10-2015 06:07 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 06:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Remind me of that the next time there's a mass shooting. By my reckoning, should be within 8 to 13 weeks. Big Grin

You know I love ya Chas.

And the few weeks after that, and after that....and after that....

Sadly yes. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 06:16 PM
I remember after school fist fights. Growing up in an area where most every household had guns it seemed that we had the good sense to use them for hunting and target shooting and not for settling grudges or proving points.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-10-2015, 06:18 PM
(01-10-2015 06:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The fact that this forum 'overlooks' certain behaviors is the reason you are still here Heywood...didn't think that needed to be explained. Undecided

Your error is that you are conflating forum management with the forum itself. Two different entities are at work here. Right now I am being critical of one and not the other.

Why don't you just leave. You are nothing more than a muck raking trouble maker.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
01-10-2015, 06:27 PM
(01-10-2015 06:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Why don't you just leave. You are nothing more than a muck raking trouble maker.

I thought about it after seeing the despicable behavior from most of you in this thread. But I think I serve a purpose. You guys need someone to call you out on your douchebaggery.

That being said, you might see me disappear for a while.....or you might not. There is a project I am thinking about undertaking. If I do, I won't have time to make TTA a better place.
01-10-2015, 06:35 PM
(01-10-2015 06:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 06:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Apparently the shooter had only been in the area for 48 hours.

One wonders.....?

It is just so sad. Weeping

Help me out here Banjo? How many mass shootings have happened in Oz since the strict gun controls implemented after the Port Arthur Massacre?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-10-2015, 06:46 PM
(01-10-2015 05:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't care if you forgive me for comparing you to Muffs. Don't add that to your tally.

Difference is MuffinStuffin posts are clearly for his own twisted and perverse amusement and we're just along for the ride. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to me. Thumbsup BlowMe's posts are motivated by something entirely different.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-10-2015, 07:08 PM
(01-10-2015 06:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  We have had so many school shootings here in recent years. My love for the second amendment is low right now.

My love for all of the amendments is low right now and I'm a retired trial lawyer. I spent my life fighting for the protection of my clients' constitutional rights. Freedom is a bitch and it is out of control. If you look carefully at our society, there are damned few people who can be trusted with the responsibility of possessing the rights secured by the constitution. I took an oath to support and defend the constitution when I started law school, again when I was admitted to the bar, and again when I joined the Army. However, many years ago I lost faith, not in the constitution, but in the people's ability to handle the rights secured by it and today, I would like to publicly burn that son of a bitch.
01-10-2015, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 07:39 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(01-10-2015 06:34 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  No that comment is about forum management. Via various managed choices you could of been removed from this forum for comments and behavior multiple times in the past as much as anyone like Muffs. If you want to complain about certain types of behaviors and comments not getting punished, quote that comment and complain about it in the forum management thread. You don't derail serious threads if you think you are "helping" If you're not a troll and you have honest intention. Learn how to not be a social pariah or so horribly immature. Remember, saying pleasantries in generic insincere manners isn't being socially mature.

I don't think it's completely odd the guy wasn't from the school area, it's happened several times in these that the person wasn't enrolled at the school. If there is zero connection at all to it it may odder though. Sometimes it's been attacks at schools because of feeling abandoned or mistreated by the situation ongoing there but it changes that if he has no connection to the place.

Clyde,

I am talking about the forum as a whole. Anjele brings up forum management. I point out to Anjele that she is talking about forum management while I am talking about the collective wisdom(or lack thereof because I really think it has failed in this thread) of the forum itself. Anjele is making an error because I am talking about one thing and she is associating that with something that is completely different. So her argument does not apply.

Forum Management isn't at fault here.....my criticism isn't directed at them. My criticism is directed at all the members who have so far contributed to this thread and didn't bother to call Muffs out for him advocating of genocide. You guys suck.
01-10-2015, 07:38 PM
(01-10-2015 07:35 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Clyde,

I am talking about the forum as a whole Anjele brings up forum management. I point out to Anjele that she is talking about forum management while I am talking about the collective wisdom(or lack thereof because I really think it has failed in this thread) of the forum itself. Anjele is making an error because I am talking about one thing and she is associating that with something that is completely different.

Forum Management isn't at fault here.....my criticism isn't directed at them. My criticism is directed at all the members who have so far contributed to this thread and didn't bother to call Muffs out for him advocating of genocide. You guys suck.

(8) Acts innocent when called a troll, and states "I'm just stating a contrary opinion, and you can't handle it", but the reality is they are not innocent, they are trouble-makers who only post inflammatory remarks, rarely contributing any real value or good information to a discussion.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
01-10-2015, 07:43 PM
(01-10-2015 07:38 PM)Banjo Wrote:  (8) Acts innocent when called a troll, and states "I'm just stating a contrary opinion, and you can't handle it", but the reality is they are not innocent, they are trouble-makers who only post inflammatory remarks, rarely contributing any real value or good information to a discussion.

Banjo, the only reason you are inflamed by me calling people like you out for not condemning a call for genocide is because they shoe fits you very well. Any reasonable person would say I am right. Muffs should be called out on his bad behavior instead of finding ways to excuse it. If pointing this out to you makes me a troll then I am happy to be a troll.