[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(04-10-2015 04:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 04:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Seems earlier reports (most gotten third or fourth hand) were mistaken.
So he was checking to make sure that the people we're going to go to heaven before he killed them? Head still kind of single and out Christians isn't it?

Reading comprehension problems?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
I promise my speech isn't that distorted stupid talk to text s*** sucks
04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
(04-10-2015 04:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 03:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  i thinks I've been pretty consistent when I say we need much better education, we need to stem poverty and have much better mental health care.

I do kinda think the gun issue is a smoke screen.

It isn't a smokescreen, it is a component of the problem.

The straw man is saying that people advocating for better gun laws and regulations are advocating that it solves the entirety of the problems with mass murderers and violent crime. No one is claiming that better gun laws alone solve these issues.

On my phone. Smile

I think the gun control debate overtakes all the other issues. The message becomes muddled as 'a bunch of hippies trying to take away all the guns'.

That's what I meant by smoke screen.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
(04-10-2015 10:34 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 07:34 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  Earmuffs if you are going to make inane statements like this I will need to borrow your earmuffs.

You have no idea what you've waded into here, Ted. I can't get the image outta my head of MuffinStuffin straddling your head with his thighs covering your ears and his junk covering your face. Hobo

Oh...got it, I'm a bit slow on the metaphor. In that case, I will defiantly not be able to hear.Huh

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
04-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Oh and buy the way I'm drinking lotsa alcohols too.
bitty sprinkler.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-10-2015, 04:48 PM
(04-10-2015 04:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 04:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Seems earlier reports (most gotten third or fourth hand) were mistaken.
So he was checking to make sure that the people we're going to go to heaven before he killed them? Head still kind of single and out Christians isn't it?

No and no.

Put away your persecution flag, it doesn't fly well here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root ...
(04-10-2015 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 04:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It isn't a smokescreen, it is a component of the problem.

The straw man is saying that people advocating for better gun laws and regulations are advocating that it solves the entirety of the problems with mass murderers and violent crime. No one is claiming that better gun laws alone solve these issues.

On my phone. Smile

I think the gun control debate overtakes all the other issues. The message becomes muddled as 'a bunch of hippies trying to take away all the guns'.

That's what I meant by smoke screen.

Maybe in a way. It's absolutely true that the straw man is the idea that "hippies" are coming for people's guns. But it would also be a straw man to say that the "hippies" believe gun control solves all the problems.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
04-10-2015, 05:05 PM
[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root ...
(04-10-2015 04:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh and buy the way I'm drinking lotsa alcohols too.
bitty sprinkler.

Me too. I justify it as me drinking for two

-Rick
04-10-2015, 05:27 PM
(04-10-2015 04:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 04:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So he was checking to make sure that the people we're going to go to heaven before he killed them? Head still kind of single and out Christians isn't it?

No and no.

Put away your persecution flag, it doesn't fly well here.
Who am i persecuting?
04-10-2015, 06:53 PM
[Image: d39ba7e36431b1cde838944846f2cbfa.jpg]

-Rick