[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(04-10-2015 07:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:36 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I guess technically it's one in the same I just don't really like that word. Generally when I say that word it means they were sacrificed by their own free will which I guess after the first one was shot in the face and the second one said they were a Christian I guess the second one was technically a martyr.

Yes, technically being murdered for professing your faith is martyrdom.

However, there are still conflicting stories as to the truth of those claims. The claims that the shooter was mentally ill appear to be reliable since they have come from different sources. The claim that he asked certain questions of certain people is still not entirely clear.

Either way, there was a tragic loss of life at the hands of someone who, with the information we have, would have greatly benefited from mental health care.
A good teaching of unconditional mutual respect and peace.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
I would say that it's amazing that none of you admit that this person was an atheist but I guess it's more typical than amazing.
04-10-2015, 07:48 PM
It's pretty safe to say that anyone who kills innocent children is in need of psychiatric attention.
04-10-2015, 07:49 PM
(04-10-2015 07:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would say that it's amazing that none of you admit that this person was an atheist but I guess it's more typical than amazing.

Admit implies wrong-doing.

There is nothing to admit - religion has nothing to do with this other than the wording of some quotes that may or may not be true.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-10-2015, 07:52 PM
(04-10-2015 06:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  [Image: d39ba7e36431b1cde838944846f2cbfa.jpg]

The line for Massachusetts is not entirely accurate.
Since the first hurdle to get over is that the Chief of Police for one's town must approve your application before it goes any further, so a concealed carry permit is easy in some towns, moderate in others, and difficult in a few.
There is only only one permit that allows possession of a handgun, it is the "License to Carry".

And there should be no "No"s in the background check column as all gun sales through a licensed dealer (FFL) requires a NICS background check. (Federal law requires all gun stores to have an FFL.)
In most states, background checks are not required for private sales.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2015, 07:53 PM
(04-10-2015 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And what does that mean to you if not that Christians were targeted for death and thereby martyred for their faith? Please explain it to me.

So you did not read the account of an actual victim who said that was not happening.

I did read and understand...we (pops and I) were going in a different direction. I have read that the claims have been recanted regarding the 'are you a Christian' question.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-10-2015, 08:08 PM
(04-10-2015 07:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So you did not read the account of an actual victim who said that was not happening.

I did read and understand...we (pops and I) were going in a different direction. I have read that the claims have been recanted regarding the 'are you a Christian' question.

Sorry I meant to quote him not you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-10-2015, 08:11 PM
(04-10-2015 08:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I did read and understand...we (pops and I) were going in a different direction. I have read that the claims have been recanted regarding the 'are you a Christian' question.

Sorry I meant to quote him not you.

Thanks for that - I was a bit confused and thought that may have been the case. Wink

04-10-2015, 08:17 PM
(04-10-2015 07:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would say that it's amazing that none of you admit that this person was an atheist but I guess it's more typical than amazing.

No he wasn't. No atheist describes himself as "spiritual but not religious". He was a deist at least.

However, was he targeting and executing Christians? Yes.

He seemed to have a certain disdain for organized religion but an espesional hate towards Christianity.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
04-10-2015, 08:21 PM
(04-10-2015 08:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

No he wasn't. No atheist describes himself as "spiritual but not religious". He was a deist at least.

However, was he targeting and executing Christians? Yes.

He seemed to have a certain disdain for organized religion but an espesional hate towards Christianity.
Have had...he's dead...past tense.

As if I have room to talk.
[+] 2 users Like popsthebuilder's post