[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 09:27 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(04-10-2015 09:13 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  citation needed.

He was a very conservative republican who described himself as "spiritual".

Please, offer your proof he was an atheist because the facts say otherwise.

But you wont which I guess is typical.

I wonder if Poops realizes that he is atheist as well about all the thousands of other gods. We just apply the same reasoning one God farther.

I think (I could be wrong because I don't read all of his posts) that Pops is more 'spiritual' without a specific (named) god.

Which I guess, by looking at his definition makes him an atheist.

He also does not like organised religion, iirc.

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(04-10-2015 08:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No he wasn't. No atheist describes himself as "spiritual but not religious". He was a deist at least.

However, was he targeting and executing Christians? Yes.

He seemed to have a certain disdain for organized religion but an espesional hate towards Christianity.
I'm sure they do I think you like to call it soft atheism or agnostic.

You're right. I'm agnostic but worship Odin. And I'd like to add that my god could beat up your god.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-10-2015, 09:39 PM
And it would have made my day if someone had answered his what religion are you question, assuming it was indeed asked, with flying spaghetti monster. I respect those who have the frame of mind to go down with a sense of humor and their middle finger raised proudly.

Not to diminish what happened...

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-10-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 05:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(04-10-2015 06:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  [Image: d39ba7e36431b1cde838944846f2cbfa.jpg]

That's a really interesting chart. I wonder what it would look like if there were more columns added that also compared wealth inequality and education levels? The seemingly stricter gun laws in areas of lesser gun violence does not necessarily mean that the laws themselves are preventing gun violence, but possibly more so an indication that the state doesn't have a pervasive toxic gun culture that would otherwise prevent such legislation and help fuel the feedback loop of weapons and fear. It could very well be that the areas with lower gun violence correlate to better socioeconomic status, lower wealth inequality, better education, and better opportunities; there is less fear, and thus there are less who would oppose stricter gun regulations.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-10-2015, 11:05 PM
(04-10-2015 09:13 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  We just apply the same reasoning one God farther.

One God the father eliminated by reasoning one God farther.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
05-10-2015, 03:01 AM
(04-10-2015 07:45 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  I know what your thinking...Isn't that a John Lennon song

Heck with that hippie. It's a Symphony of Science song -

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-10-2015, 03:15 AM
(04-10-2015 08:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No he wasn't. No atheist describes himself as "spiritual but not religious". He was a deist at least.

He seemed to have a certain disdain for organized religion but an espesional hate towards Christianity.

You don't think an atheist with no game(Like EK or MD) would describe himself as" spiritual but not religious" on an online dating site if he thought it would maximize his chances at getting himself some pussy?
05-10-2015, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 03:24 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-10-2015 03:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

You don't think an atheist with no game(Like EK or MD) would describe himself as" spiritual but not religious" on an online dating site if he thought it would maximize his chances at getting himself some pussy?

Project much?

[Image: 4d0a6ffffe1aa751f1167710bca4b727.jpg]

Any woman dense enough to fall for that trick, isn't worth the trouble. I like women with a matching intellect, but I assume you're not as picky. Also, congrats at reducing women down to an obtainable prize, because you weren't enough of a misogynist pig already. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-10-2015, 03:22 AM
(05-10-2015 03:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You don't think an atheist with no game(Like EK or MD) would describe himself as" spiritual but not religious" on an online dating site if he thought it would maximize his chances at getting himself some pussy?

LOL. You're a right wanker Laughat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-10-2015, 03:32 AM
(04-10-2015 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm curious...how many home invasions have you personally prevented in your own home? How many rapes have you personally prevented? Muggings -- depending on where you live might be more realistic...

This mass murder along with most other mass murders happened in a place where guns are forbidden. The school in Oregon was a gun free zone. The school in Sandy Hook was a gun free zone. The theater in Aurora Colorado was a gun free zone. Prohibiting guns doesn't stop gun violence. If anything, prohibiting guns makes the venue more attractive to mass murderers as the risk of someone shooting back is smaller.

Now you could argue getting rid of guns will get rid of gun violence but that isn't going to happen. It is too easy to manufacture guns and getting easier every day.