[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 03:39 AM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(05-10-2015 03:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 03:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You don't think an atheist with no game(Like EK or MD) would describe himself as" spiritual but not religious" on an online dating site if he thought it would maximize his chances at getting himself some pussy?

LOL. You're a right wanker Laughat

LOL, You're spiritual but not religious....and you still don't get any Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
Oh noes! It's back. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2015, 03:54 AM
(05-10-2015 03:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 03:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  LOL. You're a right wanker Laughat

LOL, You're spiritual but not religious....and you still don't get any Laughat

And you're still unable to rise above high school level attempts at wit and insults.

You peaked at 17 didn't you? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-10-2015, 04:08 AM
Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
Ah yes, good ol' narcissistic Blowjob Rolleyes

Incidentally, you have *no* idea Laughat Sex is for grown ups, Blowjob. Stick to what you're good at - being a stupid troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-10-2015, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 07:35 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-10-2015 03:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm curious...how many home invasions have you personally prevented in your own home? How many rapes have you personally prevented? Muggings -- depending on where you live might be more realistic...
This mass murder along with most other mass murders happened in a place where guns are forbidden. The school in Oregon was a gun free zone. The school in Sandy Hook was a gun free zone. The theater in Aurora Colorado was a gun free zone. Prohibiting guns doesn't stop gun violence. If anything, prohibiting guns makes the venue more attractive to mass murderers as the risk of someone shooting back is smaller.

Now you could argue getting rid of guns will get rid of gun violence but that isn't going to happen. It is too easy to manufacture guns and getting easier every day.

Oregon does allow firearms on campus. It's frowned upon, but still legal. In fact there was a Marine veteran carrying a concealed firearm there during the shooting, but he was far enough away that he opted not to try to engage the shooter, lest he accidentally be seen as a target by police and SWAT units.

Way to fact check you fucking idiot. Drinking Beverage

But lets say there were a dozen people with concealed weapons (more 'good guys' with guns makes us all safer, right?), and they all tried to engage the shooter. What are the chances they might accidentally shoot each other, mistakenly assuming that someone else with a gun out is the culprit? I fail to see how the addition of more guns, and the potential for mistaken identify and Mexican standoffs, improves the situation. There has to be a solution better than a personal arms race that would logically end only with everyone armed with a firearm; a personal version of the Cold War's policy of mutually-assured-destruction with nuclear weapons. Does anyone else remember just how fucked that situation was?

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-10-2015, 08:09 AM
(05-10-2015 07:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 03:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  This mass murder along with most other mass murders happened in a place where guns are forbidden. The school in Oregon was a gun free zone. The school in Sandy Hook was a gun free zone. The theater in Aurora Colorado was a gun free zone. Prohibiting guns doesn't stop gun violence. If anything, prohibiting guns makes the venue more attractive to mass murderers as the risk of someone shooting back is smaller.

Now you could argue getting rid of guns will get rid of gun violence but that isn't going to happen. It is too easy to manufacture guns and getting easier every day.

Oregon does allow firearms on campus. It's frowned upon, but still legal. In fact there was a Marine veteran carrying a concealed firearm there during the shooting, but he was far enough away that he opted not to try to engage the shooter, lest he accidentally be seen as a target by police and SWAT units.

Way to fact check you fucking idiot. Drinking Beverage

But lets say there were a dozen people with concealed weapons (more 'good guys' with guns makes us all safer, right?), and they all tried to engage the shooter. What are the chances they might accidentally shoot each other, mistakenly assuming that someone else with a gun out is the culprit? I fail to see how the addition of more guns, and the potential for mistaken identify and Mexican standoffs, improves the situation. There has to be a solution better than a personal arms race that would logically end only with everyone armed with a firearm; a personal version of the Cold War's policy of mutually-assured-destruction with nuclear weapons. Does anyone else remember just how fucked that situation was?

I'm guessing you don't carry yourself - or you'd know how rare it is to run into someone else carrying.

MOST of the people I know who have a permit RARELY carry. I know of TWO guys besides myself who carry every day (not counting off duty LEO's)

Your scenario of "Shootout at the OK Corral" - with everyone shooting at each other is highly unlikely.

Did you not notice -- the marine who was carrying did NOT do a "John Wayne" and go in blazing???? That's because the CCW training stresses the fact that you are carrying for DEFENSE and not offense.

If you're ever in a shooting situation -- you're very likely to have a minute or two to reholster your handgun after the shooting -- because it's there's almost NEVER a cop on scene... Why?? Because the shooter picked a spot where there weren't any cops.

WHen the cops do show up -- you put your hands on your head -- and CLEARLY STATE -- "I have a concealed carry permit ........ and ..... I am carrying today..."

Any time I have to deal with a LEO - I do exactly that.. (minus the hands on the head thing..... just keep them out in the clear and visible to the officer)

No problem.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-10-2015, 08:14 AM
(04-10-2015 08:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Granted, a 6 isn't absolute, but since a 1 or 7 is impossible, yeah...

Mr. 1 starting shit with Mr. 7. I think it's essentially a circle. Wink

And it's an integer scale - I don't care what he rates himself. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2015, 08:43 AM
(05-10-2015 08:09 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm guessing you don't carry yourself - or you'd know how rare it is to run into someone else carrying.

MOST of the people I know who have a permit RARELY carry. I know of TWO guys besides myself who carry every day (not counting off duty LEO's)

Your scenario of "Shootout at the OK Corral" - with everyone shooting at each other is highly unlikely.

Did you not notice -- the marine who was carrying did NOT do a "John Wayne" and go in blazing???? That's because the CCW training stresses the fact that you are carrying for DEFENSE and not offense.

If you're ever in a shooting situation -- you're very likely to have a minute or two to reholster your handgun after the shooting -- because it's there's almost NEVER a cop on scene... Why?? Because the shooter picked a spot where there weren't any cops.

WHen the cops do show up -- you put your hands on your head -- and CLEARLY STATE -- "I have a concealed carry permit ........ and ..... I am carrying today..."

Any time I have to deal with a LEO - I do exactly that.. (minus the hands on the head thing..... just keep them out in the clear and visible to the officer)

No problem.....

Biker... No

It was a critique of the 'you need more good guys with guns to stop bad guys with guns' narrative that gets so much traction in conservative circles. If your answer to the current problem of mass shooting is 'add more gun', and you extrapolate that (more guns = safer, maximum safety if everyone is armed), then what can potentially happen with an ever greater saturation of weapons? What could happen when there are a dozen concealed carry people within earshot (mistaken identity)? Could you eventually reach near M.A.D. levels of saturation, and how fucked up would that be?

Because if your sole answer to the current problem is 'more guns', these are the further questions that it raises.

I think the marine, and anyone else who was carrying on campus, was smart not to try to engage the shooter.

Plus somebody needs to clean up the mess when Blowjob shits on the carpet. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-10-2015, 08:52 AM
I do not think that "More guns" is a good idea.

Never have.

I think more people TRAINED in how and when (and when not) to use them is a far better and more realistic approach.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-10-2015, 08:54 AM
(05-10-2015 03:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm curious...how many home invasions have you personally prevented in your own home? How many rapes have you personally prevented? Muggings -- depending on where you live might be more realistic...

This mass murder along with most other mass murders happened in a place where guns are forbidden. The school in Oregon was a gun free zone. The school in Sandy Hook was a gun free zone. The theater in Aurora Colorado was a gun free zone. Prohibiting guns doesn't stop gun violence. If anything, prohibiting guns makes the venue more attractive to mass murderers as the risk of someone shooting back is smaller.

No surprise from me but not only did you ignore the context of which i asked those questions, but you cherry picked too, just to make it seem that I asked a question that YOU wanted to answer.

Dodgy

The school in Oregon was a college, not a grammar school. If a student has a gun (or a conceal carry), they could still bring a gun. I'm sure most with a conceal carry don't go flashing it around and shout "looky here what I gots."

Facepalm

Blowme, you just embarrass yourself at times.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post