[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(06-10-2015 08:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 08:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that's why I edited it to Mac-10s because I realized grenades could lead to technicalities. I was a MM in the USN so I got to scoop the bilges while you shit on me. I was a Nuke MM so at least I knew I was fucking much smarter than you while I scooped your shit. Didn't make me feel any better.

Awesome. Any other squids around here?

I did my time as a Navy spook before I decided I'd rather be blowing shit up than stuck in dark rooms.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-10-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(06-10-2015 08:15 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 04:22 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  When I was on Roatan Bay Islands Honduras a few years back a crew member of the ship I was on was murdered(shot for his wallet) the day we went ashore.

Wow, never met anyone else that had been to Roatan. Beautiful islands! Except for the apparent murder, I guess. Confused

Yes very beautiful. Good people although very poor. Wonderful marine and wildlife.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
06-10-2015, 10:02 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
06-10-2015, 10:20 PM

He did, in fact, get stopped by good guys with guns. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2015, 10:32 PM
(06-10-2015 08:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 08:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, that's why I edited it to Mac-10s because I realized grenades could lead to technicalities. I was a MM in the USN so I got to scoop the bilges while you shit on me. I was a Nuke MM so at least I knew I was fucking much smarter than you while I scooped your shit. Didn't make me feel any better.

I'd rather have an active shooter going full auto with a MAC-10 than a similarly chambered semi-auto handgun. Then at least I'd know they have to change magazines about every second or two Tongue No point to make really, just being a smartass.

That's actually a good point. Full auto's gonna require far more frequent reloading. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-10-2015, 10:34 PM
(06-10-2015 08:57 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 08:54 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Awesome. Any other squids around here?

I did my time as a Navy spook before I decided I'd rather be blowing shit up than stuck in dark rooms.

Remote UAV pilot. Drinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-10-2015, 10:41 PM
(06-10-2015 10:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 10:02 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  

He did, in fact, get stopped by good guys with guns. Drinking Beverage

Yes to late, but by the guys that should have guns. I'm still trying to picture school teachers with guns.Facepalm

06-10-2015, 11:11 PM
(06-10-2015 10:41 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 10:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  He did, in fact, get stopped by good guys with guns. Drinking Beverage

Yes to late, but by the guys that should have guns. I'm still trying to picture school teachers with guns.Facepalm

Gun enthusiasts always believe the answer to anything is more guns.
Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-10-2015, 01:21 AM
Is a weapons race. "They" have guns so *we* must have guns. "They" have better guns so *we* must have better guns. They being either criminals or the military, depending on the doomsday scenario under discussion.

The problem is, we have found the enemy and they are us. If you allow every twit to own a gun then *of necessity* some of them won't be of the high moral character necessary to operate the damn thing safely. And the proposed solution is that those who *are* shall shoot those who are not when they go off the deepend Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
07-10-2015, 02:02 AM
(07-10-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  Is a weapons race. "They" have guns so *we* must have guns. "They" have better guns so *we* must have better guns. They being either criminals or the military, depending on the doomsday scenario under discussion.

The problem is, we have found the enemy and they are us. If you allow every twit to own a gun then *of necessity* some of them won't be of the high moral character necessary to operate the damn thing safely. And the proposed solution is that those who *are* shall shoot those who are not when they go off the deepend Rolleyes

Like I've already pointed out before, Mutually Assured Destruction was such a wonderful recipe for lasting peace during the Cold War... Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post