[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 06:06 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(07-10-2015 05:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wonder if these mass shootings couldn't be stopped just by not giving them national media coverage.
OR not letting the media know the shooters name/religion/motive/age/sex etc..
Simply just "there was a shooting at X, Y people were killed, Z were injured, the shooter was killed by police" etc...

The reason these people do it is for publicity and so if you take that away I think it will deter most of them.

No gun control needed.
Capturing the shooters alive and publicly torturing (like real, terrible, near-unspeakable torture) them would probably do the trick. But alas, we don't consider this to be okay Sad.

The problem is capturing them alive since the bastards always off themselves.

...and of course the culture that would be created by doing this.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(07-10-2015 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  The deterrent aspect is not knowing who around you might be armed. These shootings generally happen where it is known there isn't anyone armed.

Cho was well aware VA Tech had it's own armed police force. Cho did not give a fuck.

Cho also new the police force would be at the university Starbucks flirting with the baristas, and his fellow classmates were unarmed due to the "gun free zone" sign on every door.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
(07-10-2015 06:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cho was well aware VA Tech had it's own armed police force. Cho did not give a fuck.

Cho also new the police force would be at the university Starbucks flirting with the baristas, and his fellow classmates were unarmed due to the "gun free zone" sign on every door.

There was no "Gun Free Zone" sign on any door. The VA Tech popo was on site of the first shooting within 3 minutes. Monster was mobile, knew the campus as well as the popo, and had a plan. Now you're just being an asshole insinuating the VA Tech popo were incompetent. Stop it.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-10-2015, 06:38 PM
(07-10-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 06:14 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Cho also new the police force would be at the university Starbucks flirting with the baristas, and his fellow classmates were unarmed due to the "gun free zone" sign on every door.

There was no "Gun Free Zone" sign on any door. The VA Tech popo was on site of the first shooting within 3 minutes. Monster was mobile, knew the campus as well as the popo, and had a plan. Now you're just being an asshole insinuating the VA Tech popo were incompetent. Stop it.

Haha no. Just exaggerating a bit. My point was the cops weren't near the shooting when it started. And as far as I know, the VA Tech campus did not allow campus carry, meaning the students were unarmed.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-10-2015, 06:38 PM
(07-10-2015 05:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The reason these people do it is for publicity and so if you take that away I think it will deter most of them.

Speaking as a batshit bonkers individual myself, you are full of shit MuffinHead. These people are suicidal and don't give a shit whether they are remembered or not. They are out of their fucking minds and just looking to end it. They are pussies who want to force someone else to off them 'cause they're too pussy to off themselves.

#sigh
07-10-2015, 06:58 PM
We should see if Russia will let us borrow their knockout gas and keep some at all schools, just in case.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-10-2015, 07:30 PM
(07-10-2015 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  The deterrent aspect is not knowing who around you might be armed. These shootings generally happen where it is known there isn't anyone armed.

Cho was well aware VA Tech had it's own armed police force. Cho did not give a fuck.

" generally happen "

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2015, 07:48 PM
(07-10-2015 06:38 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There was no "Gun Free Zone" sign on any door. The VA Tech popo was on site of the first shooting within 3 minutes. Monster was mobile, knew the campus as well as the popo, and had a plan. Now you're just being an asshole insinuating the VA Tech popo were incompetent. Stop it.

Haha no. Just exaggerating a bit. [b]My point was the cops weren't near the shooting when it started[/b]. And as far as I know, the VA Tech campus did not allow campus carry, meaning the students were unarmed.

They were 3 minutes close.

#sigh
07-10-2015, 07:49 PM
(07-10-2015 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cho was well aware VA Tech had it's own armed police force. Cho did not give a fuck.

" generally happen "

citation required.

#sigh
07-10-2015, 07:49 PM
(07-10-2015 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  

" generally happen "

citation required.

#sigh