[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: Another school shooting.
It ain't the guns, it's the culture. I really ain't got much to say beyond that. Undecided

(01-10-2015 07:35 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My criticism is directed at all the members who have so far contributed to this thread and didn't bother to call Muffs out for him advocating of genocide. You guys suck.

It takes a moral person to drive a moral wedge. Here's a clue - that ain't you. Are you really this unaware? Blink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 02:36 AM
(02-10-2015 12:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It ain't the guns, it's the culture. I really ain't got much to say beyond that. Undecided

(01-10-2015 07:35 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My criticism is directed at all the members who have so far contributed to this thread and didn't bother to call Muffs out for him advocating of genocide. You guys suck.

It takes a moral person to drive a moral wedge. Here's a clue - that ain't you. Are you really this unaware? Blink

Heywood is unable to understand the exasperation the rest of the civilised world has toward Americans and their ridiculous attitude toward guns in the wake of mass shooting after mass shooting after.......

He has also grabbed one thing he thinks he can use against us without understanding the context. You see HOC, Heywood is really stupid and desperate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2015, 03:39 AM
Americans=guns=insanity.

Heywood=insanity.

I blame the group The Four Seasons. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
02-10-2015, 03:50 AM
(02-10-2015 12:40 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It ain't the guns, it's the culture. I really ain't got much to say beyond that. Undecided

Fixing a gun 'problem' is easy, fixing a gun 'culture' is quite another thing entirely.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 04:08 AM
Brick RE: Another school shooting.

The narcissist lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-10-2015, 04:11 AM
(02-10-2015 03:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Fixing a gun 'problem' is easy, fixing a gun 'culture' is quite another thing entirely.

a.k.a "why we're fucked." Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 05:32 AM
As I listen to the discussion turning to "the evils of gun ownership" - I find it amusing that those who are the most against guns - know the least about them.

"A weak pistol"? What kind of nonsense is that? "One that won't kill with one shot"?

Seriously? How about only hiring cops who FAIL their pistol qualification - that is -- only hire the worst shots. Then nobody will get hurt, eh?

It simply doesn't work that way.

The same applies to magazine restrictions, or the absurd classification and attempted banning of "assault weapons".

If you're unarmed - and I've got a revolver that holds 6 shots -- you're just as fucked as if I had a nuclear weapon -- if I decide to use the pistol. One of the worst ever shooting sprees in Canada (it's been about 20 years ago -- I forget the specifics) -- the shooter had a SINGLE SHOT shotgun.

It's all about knowing what you're doing -- and I mean that literally and figuratively.

Every bit of gun legislation that's come along so far has been unable to change the way people perceive and use guns - and some of the laws have had unintended consequences.

For instance -- every time a ban on something comes about - sales shoot through the roof. Bill Clinton was the best gun salesman of the first part of the 21st century -- by calling for a bill on "assault rifles". More semi-automatic rifles (and pistols) that accept magazines that hold over 30 rounds were sold in the first part of the 90's than in 20 years previous. There's nothing more motivating to people than telling them they can't have something.

When President Obama was elected -- many people figured he was going to "outlaw guns" - or tax ammunition into oblivion ---- both of which he's never seriously considered --- sales went through the roof. Ammo of all types (except shotgun for some odd reason) disappeared off of store shelves faster than it could be brought in. This cause a nationwide "ammo shortage"..... There really isn't a shortage -- there's just megatons of ammo being stored in American closets, basements and garages. In most areas of the country 22 long rifle ammo is still in shortage.

(personally - I haven't bought any factory ammo in years. I reload -- and I stocked up on 22 ammo when it was cheap. Although I did recently buy some shotgun shells for skeet.)

Is there a solution?

Not one that anyone seems willing to implement.

The right is too busy screaming about "rights being violated" and stocking up on ammo and guns ---
and the left is too busy screaming about "it's THEM -- those bastards on the right doing all this"....

When in fact -- it's a bunch of whackadoodles doing it.

Take away their guns - and they'll have to get creative -- and use firebombs, car bombs, and crash aircraft into buildings.........

They just want to be famous after all......

Could we do something???

Sure...

If anyone would listen...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-10-2015, 07:47 AM
(02-10-2015 05:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As I listen to the discussion turning to "the evils of gun ownership" - I find it amusing that those who are the most against guns - know the least about them.

"A weak pistol"? What kind of nonsense is that? "One that won't kill with one shot"?

Seriously? How about only hiring cops who FAIL their pistol qualification - that is -- only hire the worst shots. Then nobody will get hurt, eh?

The same applies to magazine restrictions, or the absurd classification and attempted banning of "assault weapons".

If you're unarmed - and I've got a revolver that holds 6 shots -- you're just as fucked as if I had a nuclear weapon -- if I decide to use the pistol. One of the worst ever shooting sprees in Canada (it's been about 20 years ago -- I forget the specifics) -- the shooter had a SINGLE SHOT shotgun.

It's all about knowing what you're doing -- and I mean that literally and figuratively.

Every bit of gun legislation that's come along so far has been unable to change the way people perceive and use guns - and some of the laws have had unintended consequences.

For instance -- every time a ban on something comes about - sales shoot through the roof. Bill Clinton was the best gun salesman of the first part of the 21st century -- by calling for a bill on "assault rifles". More semi-automatic rifles (and pistols) that accept magazines that hold over 30 rounds were sold in the first part of the 90's than in 20 years previous. There's nothing more motivating to people than telling them they can't have something.

When President Obama was elected -- many people figured he was going to "outlaw guns" - or tax ammunition into oblivion ---- both of which he's never seriously considered --- sales went through the roof. Ammo of all types (except shotgun for some odd reason) disappeared off of store shelves faster than it could be brought in. This cause a nationwide "ammo shortage"..... There really isn't a shortage -- there's just megatons of ammo being stored in American closets, basements and garages. In most areas of the country 22 long rifle ammo is still in shortage.

(personally - I haven't bought any factory ammo in years. I reload -- and I stocked up on 22 ammo when it was cheap. Although I did recently buy some shotgun shells for skeet.)

Is there a solution?

The right is too busy screaming about "rights being violated" and stocking up on ammo and guns ---
and the left is too busy screaming about "it's THEM -- those bastards on the right doing all this"....

Take away their guns - and they'll have to get creative -- and use firebombs, car bombs, and crash aircraft into buildings.........

Could we do something???

Sure...

Logical conversations with Americans about guns is impossible. I was a professional hunter when I was 12 mate.

Just thought I'd say....

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-10-2015, 08:51 AM
(02-10-2015 08:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I keep reading he was a conservative that liked guns. Confusing.

Just dropped my sister off at school. She's a senior. Felt sick doing so. Kids shouldn't have to be afraid for their lives to learn. Parents shouldn't have to worry for the safety of their children. All because a bunch of buffoons dun wanna lose their guns! Murcia. Bah.

Weird that a "non religious but spiritual" person would target the science wing of the school....wonder what that was about.
That's kind of rough. Do you know how many of us military veterans own guns? The vast majority. Are we all buffoons to you?

Fact: Guns are never going away in America. Never. Its settled law. There are too many guns in the hands of people that are willing to fight the people that want to take them away. Even support for complete gun bans hit 70%, the remaining 30% with guns is more powerful than the 70% without guns. It's time change the narrative. It's time to focus on what can be done.

We need metal detectors at all schools. If we are going to send our children to schools, but the only protection we can offer them is a sign that says "gun free zone" we are doomed. That's the best we can do? A sign? No, we need metal detectors. We need armed law enforcement at all entrances. We do it at airports. Somehow we are smart enough to protect ourselves getting on a airplane, but not smart enough to protect our kids at school?

How long until mass coordinated attacks by ISIS in our schools? Is that what it will take for people to wake up?

It's not as simple as a gun ban like Australia has. They share no borders with another country. Let's say we ban EVERY gun in America. Every gun somehow gets miraculously turned in to the government. Some terrorist fuck will acquire some guns south of the border, and come kill us anyway. It's never going to stop. The only way to solve this problem is the old fashioned American way. Arm yourselves. Defend yourselves. Protect your children with the same protections we give our elected officials at government offices, the airport, the courthouse, etc. There is no other choice.
02-10-2015, 08:55 AM
(02-10-2015 05:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As I listen to the discussion turning to "the evils of gun ownership" - I find it amusing that those who are the most against guns - know the least about them.

Is there a solution?

Could we do something???

Sure...

I guess you missed my memo earlier. There are plenty of gun debate threads, i believe most are in the politics section.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post