[split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(04-10-2015 07:45 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  [quote='yakherder' pid='870246' dateline='1443934660']
I know what your thinking...Isn't that a John Lennon song

I wasn't thinking that. But I was imagining it. Wink

Meanwhile, you pretty much described Singapore.

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculation of root causes
(04-10-2015 08:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would say that it's amazing that none of you admit that this person was an atheist but I guess it's more typical than amazing.

No he wasn't. No atheist describes himself as "spiritual but not religious". He was a deist at least.

However, was he targeting and executing Christians? Yes.

He seemed to have a certain disdain for organized religion but an espesional hate towards Christianity.
I'm sure they do I think you like to call it soft atheism or agnostic.
04-10-2015, 08:54 PM
(04-10-2015 07:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would say that it's amazing that none of you admit that this person was an atheist but I guess it's more typical than amazing.

citation needed.

He was a very conservative republican who described himself as "spiritual".

Please, offer your proof he was an atheist because the facts say otherwise.

But you wont which I guess is typical.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-10-2015, 08:56 PM
(04-10-2015 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

citation needed.

I don't know if the guy was atheist or not man is dead. He says he was not religious which is similar to atheist he also had a very grand hatred for Christianity which is also similar to atheist.
04-10-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculati
(04-10-2015 08:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No he wasn't. No atheist describes himself as "spiritual but not religious". He was a deist at least.

However, was he targeting and executing Christians? Yes.

He seemed to have a certain disdain for organized religion but an espesional hate towards Christianity.
I'm sure they do I think you like to call it soft atheism or agnostic.

Which isn't atheism.

Anyone that admits that they are open to spiritualism isn't an atheist. They are a deist or an agnostic. I would only classify a 6+ as an "atheist". 5 or below offer the option and/are are open to the possibility of a higher power.

Granted, a 6 isn't absolute, but since a 1 or 7 is impossible, yeah...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-10-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate speculati
(04-10-2015 08:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sure they do I think you like to call it soft atheism or agnostic.

Which isn't atheism.

Anyone that admits that they are open to spiritualism isn't an atheist. They are a deist or an agnostic. I would only classify a 6+ as an "atheist". 5 or below offer the option and/are are open to the possibility of a higher power.

I completely understood all of that. :-)
04-10-2015, 09:03 PM
(04-10-2015 08:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:45 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  [quote='yakherder' pid='870246' dateline='1443934660']
I know what your thinking...Isn't that a John Lennon song

I wasn't thinking that. But I was imagining it. Wink

Meanwhile, you pretty much described Singapore.

Thumbsup

Never been to Singapore but Sweden gets pretty close.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes Ted Tucker's post
04-10-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: [split] Another school shooting... inevitable gun debate spe
(04-10-2015 08:56 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  very grand hatred for Christianity which is also similar to atheist.

Oh come on...

That's completely dependant on the person. Only special needs people aka bigots... like one in this thread... base hate on adjectives that are used to describe a person.

I don't care which adjective you use to describe yourself, I'm human enough to not base disdain on it. That's immature and an obvious sign of insecurity is one's own self.

Bigots are weak minded fools.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
04-10-2015, 09:08 PM
(04-10-2015 09:01 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Which isn't atheism.

I completely understood all of that. :-)

Sorry, man.

All the numbers = Dawkins' Scale.

04-10-2015, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 05:12 PM by Ted Tucker.)
(04-10-2015 08:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

citation needed.

I wonder if Pops realizes that he is atheist as well about all the thousands of other gods. We just apply the same reasoning one God farther.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein